Discovering A Whole New World of Disney-An October 2013 Photo Safari **Updated 2/20

Ahh these are awesome! Granted I will not be enjoying Hallowishes but I will be seeing Wishes! Multiple times in less tha two weeks and this gets me excited for them! I may *try* firework photos one night from our room at BLT if we are there to watch them.... However, seriously Disney should get you on board with their advertising, because these photos make me want to go on vacation!

:idea: We went trick or treating at Splash Mountain! :rotfl:

Beautiful HalloWishes shots!! DH and I were just looking through ours last night and picking out the ones he will edit for me to use in my TR. Between that, and this update, I am really missing our MNSSHP night right now! It was just a perfect night!!

Happy New Year Dave!!!

Yay for your spot being available. I've read others who like that spot as well for tripods and whatnot.

I really love Hallowishes. While it will never have the emotional pull that Wishes has on me, Hallowishes is just fun. Everybody SCREAM!!!!!

You know, these fireworks photos are just making it harder and harder for the rest of us (i.e. me) to even considering posting our own (i.e. my) fireworks photos. Just beautiful!!

Happy New Year to you too Rob!

I totally agree with you that Hallowishes is just fun while Wishes tends to pull on the heartstrings more. The panoramic fireworks at the finale for Hallowishes was just so cool to watch. That was the good thing about having the tripod and the remote shutter set up. I got to watch the fireworks like everyone else (and not through the viewfinder) while taking the pictures!

And thank you so much for the kind words about the pictures! :goodvibes

Love the NYE picture! Just beautiful.

27 days, woo hoo! I can't believe we'll just be missing each other. We're at 17 days until we leave.

I haven't seen Hallowishes in years, because I actually haven't been to MNSSHP in years. But I know they seem to be everyone's favorite.

Beautiful pictures as always.

Thank you!
I know, it's too bad we're missing each other in just a matter of few days! Your trip is so close now!

Ahh these are awesome! Granted I will not be enjoying Hallowishes but I will be seeing Wishes! Multiple times in less tha two weeks and this gets me excited for them! I may *try* firework photos one night from our room at BLT if we are there to watch them.... However, seriously Disney should get you on board with their advertising, because these photos make me want to go on vacation!

Thanks Sarah! Ooh, so jealous you're going to watch Wishes more than once. I once again have only viewing scheduled for this trip and will be from the Pirates and Pals Cruise so unfortunately there probably won't be any cool pictures of the fireworks. Even more jealous you're staying at BLT!!

:idea: We went trick or treating at Splash Mountain! :rotfl:

Beautiful HalloWishes shots!! DH and I were just looking through ours last night and picking out the ones he will edit for me to use in my TR. Between that, and this update, I am really missing our MNSSHP night right now! It was just a perfect night!!

That's right! Now I remember. :rotfl: Can't wait to see the pictures your DH got! I'm hoping that I can take the kids back for MNSSHP in the near future. It was too much fun. And we'll definitely be doing it twice! :thumbsup2

Love the firework pics! :)

Thank you!

Well, we had to cut our trip to my brother's place up by NYC short thanks to this snowstorm. We drove back down home this morning with zero traffic and zero weather. Now it's snowing here and I'm sure those up northeast of us is getting much more.

Kids were disappointed that we never got to visit the Times Square Disney Store. So I made it up partially by taking them to our local Disney Store as soon as we got back in town. :lmao:

Anyway, good to be back home after being away for 10 days. Trying to get ready to reinsert myself back to reality for a 3 weeks then it's off to Fantasyland. Literally! :lmao:

Here's one more picture that I took from the front of my brother's condo complex. I could take pictures from there everyday! On the far right you can see One World Trade Center.

IMG_5121-Edit by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Dave glad you made it back in town before the weather turns. :thumbsup2

I so hope you can endure the next three weeks until Disney. :charac2:

Your NYE photo in NYC was awesome!

Glad to know that your strategy to stake out a spot by CP worked out for Hallowishes. I know I say this every time but honestly, your photos are just so stunning. I always look forward to your updates since I know you'll never share a blurry, fuzzy, out of focus photo ever! I would love to see a dud sometime but I imagine they don't exist. ;)

Hmmmm your fireworks spot looks like a fantastic one! I might just have to scout that one out for myself next time. :thumbsup2
Amazing fireworks photos! Not that I'm surprised, but really, really impressed. I never get fireworks pictures quite the way I want them, I'm not disciplined enough for it. :rotfl:
Glad you got back home safe, even if it did mean cutting your trip short. We're just starting to get the snow now and as I watch it gets heavier and heavier. The actual blizzard is supposed to start around noon.

Welcome home! I hope you enjoyed your time away. Beautiful pictures of the NYC skyline!

I'm glad that you were able to secure your spot for Hallowishes. That angle on the castle and the fireworks is almost perfect! You got some fantastic fireworks pictures. :thumbsup2

Dave glad you made it back in town before the weather turns. :thumbsup2

I so hope you can endure the next three weeks until Disney. :charac2:

Your NYE photo in NYC was awesome!

I love NYC! The past few years it's been difficult to do the things I normally enjoy in New York. Art museums, fine dining, and theater is not exactly what young children enjoy. ;) Instead we've gone through Times Square Disney and Toys R Us stores, Central Park, and Natural History Museum countless times. So every time I stare at the skyline across the Hudson when visiting my brother it's sort of been like a mirage. :lmao: In a couple of years when the kids are 9 and 6 I think we can attempt a Christmas in New York type of vacation. Until then, we'll spend most of our time on the Jersey side.

Glad to know that your strategy to stake out a spot by CP worked out for Hallowishes. I know I say this every time but honestly, your photos are just so stunning. I always look forward to your updates since I know you'll never share a blurry, fuzzy, out of focus photo ever! I would love to see a dud sometime but I imagine they don't exist. ;)

Thank you as always about the kind words. Oh and yes there are plenty of duds! :rotfl: I can only wish years from now that I can get to a point where I can point my camera just once at a subject and get the shot I want. Until then, let's just say I'm thankful for all of the extra memory cards I bring with me to handle the amount of pictures I take. ;)

Hmmmm your fireworks spot looks like a fantastic one! I might just have to scout that one out for myself next time. :thumbsup2
Amazing fireworks photos! Not that I'm surprised, but really, really impressed. I never get fireworks pictures quite the way I want them, I'm not disciplined enough for it. :rotfl:
Glad you got back home safe, even if it did mean cutting your trip short. We're just starting to get the snow now and as I watch it gets heavier and heavier. The actual blizzard is supposed to start around noon.

Thanks Wendy. That spot is a popular one from what I read online among photographers. I guess that's why the photo pass photog is stationed right there. Stay safe and warm with the snow!

Welcome home! I hope you enjoyed your time away. Beautiful pictures of the NYC skyline!

I'm glad that you were able to secure your spot for Hallowishes. That angle on the castle and the fireworks is almost perfect! You got some fantastic fireworks pictures. :thumbsup2

Thanks Andy! We had a great time in Ohio and NYC/NJ!

I may have to go back to that spot again to capture the regular Wishes from there.

Amazing NYC pictures! My SIL just moved out of the city to LI City, and their view is just amazing...we're looking forward to visiting and seeing it for ourselves!

Great fireworks pictures - looks like a primo photography location!

Amazing NYC pictures! My SIL just moved out of the city to LI City, and their view is just amazing...we're looking forward to visiting and seeing it for ourselves!

Great fireworks pictures - looks like a primo photography location!

Oh I bet they have a great view! I've been wondering myself how the skyline view compares from the other side of Manhattan island. Isn't it fun to have relatives live in or around NYC? :thumbsup2

It appears that this is the last batch of photos I have from Hollywood Studios. Makes sense since I only spent one evening there during the private event but it’s also reminding me that we are slowly winding towards the finish line here with this trip report. I doubt in the upcoming January trip that I’ll be able to take as many pictures as I did in October since the focus will be back on my family.

So what I have here in this update is potpourri of photos from DHS attractions that didn’t quite fit in with the other updates. First, some pictures from TSMM! I appreciated the queue much more than before.

I don’t think I noticed these Andy’s drawings.

IMG_8198 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Love how it looks like Woody and Buzz appear to battling Godzilla!

IMG_7984 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_8201 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Hmmm, it appears that someone has misplaced their set of eyeballs. Hate it when that happens. They better come back and claim it otherwise it’s heading to central lost and found at the TTC!

IMG_8199 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

I believe this Etch a Sketch is relatively new.

IMG_7983 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Ants in the Pants poster by the stairs leading down to the loading area. I don’t know about you but that picture just makes me feel very uncomfortable and squirmy!

IMG_8202 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

I ended up going through this ride twice in a row because the first ride had a defective gun that wouldn’t aim. Not sure if any of you have experienced this because it was actually quite amusing to go through the entire ride looking at the various theming in the corner that you would never notice otherwise because you’re so preoccupied shooting and scoring. I only got one photo from that ride probably because I was stewing and grumpy about the situation.

IMG_7987 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

As I got off the ride I told the CM what happened and they took that particular vehicle out of circulation. They offered to have my go right back on again which I gladly accepted. Even though this was a private event with less people in the park, word had clearly gotten out that this was the attraction to be and wait times were high.

Next up, Muppet Vision! Once again I had plenty of time to take in the sights in the holding area. There are so many props I don’t think I got through half of them before we were let in.

IMG_7969 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_7978 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_7980 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

And So Forth

IMG_7970 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_7973 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

That just looks wrong.

IMG_7966 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Piiiiiigs iiiiiiiiin Spaaaaaaaaaace!

IMG_7976 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

This picture leads to the question of the day. Why did they pick Newark? I tried Googling to see if there was any trivia associated with this but so far nada on any association of Newark NJ with the Muppets or Jim Henson.

IMG_7977 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

I would love to sit up there with these two guys.

IMG_7981 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

I think this attraction is mostly cute and entertaining for the kids but I would love to see a refurbishment and an upgrade on the 3D film itself. It feels a bit old and outdated now.

Coming out of Muppet Vision means Star Tours is just stone’s throw away!

Found Rex! That troublemaking robot during the first version of Star Tours.

IMG_8286 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Aaaaand just like at our airports these robots in charge of customs and security can be a bit dry in the humor department.

IMG_8288 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_8289 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

I tucked my camera away on the ride mostly because any picture I take of the screen will come out looking blurry and in high def double vision!
F
inally, can’t end my DHS report without a couple of pictures from RnR. Readers of my PTR will remember that along with Rex, capturing the launch of the coaster was on my safari list. In the studio area I waited until everyone exited so I would be the last person out with no one lining up behind me. This gave me some time to figure out my camera settings and attempt a picture of the launch.

IMG_7955 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

IMG_7956 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

A little more complicated than I had anticipated so I ended up going through the ride twice just to get this picture. There’s an area in the queue that juts out a bit right by the launch area and the fence height is a good feet shorter. I braced the camera on the top lining of the fence and aimed by looking at the live view on my LCD screen. Purposely went for a long shutter time to try to get that dragged out look when the coaster speeds away.

IMG_7958-5 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

And on my way out found Mickey rocking it.

IMG_8315 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

Oh, and I found this one picture from the Great Movie Ride. Not sure why I just have only one picture from this attraction. I think it may have been because I was too distracted by all of the acting that was happening right next to me as I ended up sitting right by the driver's seat.

IMG_8329 by DaveinFallsChurch, on Flickr

So there you have it! All of my remaining DHS pictures! I still have a lot to go through for AK and MK that should keep us busy through the end of the month when I head back to Disney this time with my family and my brother’s. I’ll bring you up to speed on what we have planned for this trip soon.

Haha, you know I don't think I have ever gone through the TSMM queue before (FP all the way), so I sure do appreciate your awesome photos.
I have seen the Etch a Sketch though... :scratchin

I have heard of a lot of broken guns recently. TLC required sadly. But you know, that points out a small problem I have with this attraction. Since the focus is always on shooting, you never notice the ride itself.

Ahhh Muppets. One the best "waiting areas" anywhere. Perhaps even better than the show itself.

Hmmmm, I flew through Newark to Orlando, so there's your connection. :lmao:

Ha, so you rode twice just for a photo? I admire your sacrifice. That said... AWESOME launch photo.

I agree with you about Muppet Vision needing an update! As much as I hate to see big changes to old favorites, there comes a time when it just has to be done. I feel the same way about The Great Movie Ride. It looks so sad and pitiful in some places! Even just in the loading area....the "palm trees" are all dusty and brown...it looks horrible! Love that pic of RnRC! Definitely worth a second trip through! :thumbsup2

Haha, you know I don't think I have ever gone through the TSMM queue before (FP all the way), so I sure do appreciate your awesome photos.
I have seen the Etch a Sketch though... :scratchin

I have heard of a lot of broken guns recently. TLC required sadly. But you know, that points out a small problem I have with this attraction. Since the focus is always on shooting, you never notice the ride itself.

Ahhh Muppets. One the best "waiting areas" anywhere. Perhaps even better than the show itself.

Hmmmm, I flew through Newark to Orlando, so there's your connection. :lmao:

Ha, so you rode twice just for a photo? I admire your sacrifice. That said... AWESOME launch photo.

We've been the same way when it comes to TSMM queue. We either go through the FP queue or we're racing through the standby queue at rope drop! :rotfl:

The only ride I couldn't bring myself to a repeat go around for photography sake was Space Mountain. Boy was that a rough one on my body. :rotfl:

I agree with you about Muppet Vision needing an update! As much as I hate to see big changes to old favorites, there comes a time when it just has to be done. I feel the same way about The Great Movie Ride. It looks so sad and pitiful in some places! Even just in the loading area....the "palm trees" are all dusty and brown...it looks horrible! Love that pic of RnRC! Definitely worth a second trip through! :thumbsup2

I would be happy if they could just update the film contents. There's so much more they could do with the 3D effects! :goodvibes

Ohhhh snazzy Etch-a-Sketch in the TSM line! I don't remember seeing that. I know the riddle too! I love that queue. No matter how many times I go through there and pay close attention every time, I still find things I missed. Glad they let you go again since your gun didn't work.
I love the muppets. I love the show so much so I just love everything about that attraction! (But yes, it could use a tune up for sure.)
LOVE the RnR launch pic! Great shot!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That Etch-A-Scetch is too cool! That would be weird going through the whole ride without a functioning gun, but cool at the same time that you got to see overlooked ride details.

I love those pictures from RnR. The car taking off turned out perfect!

First, love your R&R launch photos ... your "sacrifice" of going on the ride twice was not in vain! ;)

good question regarding Newark. First thought that came to my mind is the Liberty Science Center (since what is being sent is sciencey stuff) ... but that is technically in Jersey City, not Newark, so ... that's all I got.

Ohhhh snazzy Etch-a-Sketch in the TSM line! I don't remember seeing that. I know the riddle too! I love that queue. No matter how many times I go through there and pay close attention every time, I still find things I missed. Glad they let you go again since your gun didn't work.
I love the muppets. I love the show so much so I just love everything about that attraction! (But yes, it could use a tune up for sure.)
LOVE the RnR launch pic! Great shot!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I didn't peg the queue at TSMM as being so detail oriented until this trip when I actually had time to look around and found all of these little nuggets. That and probably because my eyes are always drawn to the talking Mr. Potato Head.

I love the Muppets too and can't wait to see the new movie coming out! :thumbsup2

That Etch-A-Scetch is too cool! That would be weird going through the whole ride without a functioning gun, but cool at the same time that you got to see overlooked ride details.

I love those pictures from RnR. The car taking off turned out perfect!

It felt a little awkward going through the ride like that especially at the end when my point total was......zero. :rotfl:

First, love your R&R launch photos ... your "sacrifice" of going on the ride twice was not in vain! ;)

good question regarding Newark. First thought that came to my mind is the Liberty Science Center (since what is being sent is sciencey stuff) ... but that is technically in Jersey City, not Newark, so ... that's all I got.

Thanks!

I've been to the Liberty Science Center when we visited my brother last year! We loved it!

Yeah, I'm still searching for a Newark Reference but can't seem to find any hints yet online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter