discover scuba St. Thomas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by beachpal, Aug 11, 2012.

1. beachpal

beachpal DVC member

We're considering this excursion during our holiday cruise this year. Has anyone tried this one yet? If so, I'd be interested in your opinion of how it went. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MrSanderz27

MrSanderz27 Mouseketeer

Yes... I second that. We're signed up for a Discover Scuba excursion as well and I'm interested to see what others have enjoyed or disliked.

4. rubberbootbunny

rubberbootbunny Mouseketeer

you might want to check if it is still available. They have cancelled it on the Sept 8th sailing and I was notified by DCL that is in no longer available

5. asunutgirl

asunutgirl Mouseketeer

We did that excursion two years ago when we were on the Wonder. It was ok. Long ride to the dive shop on the other side of the island, lots of people, long wait to check in at the dive shop etc. I don't actually recall the diving - which means it probably wasn't fabulous but wasn't bad either.

We are scheduled to dive with Blue Island Divers in St. Thomas - referral from the PADI website. They were very willing to work with cruise ship divers.

6. racingfandj

racingfandj Mouseketeer

I don't know about that one, but DH and niece (14) did Disney's Sea Trek Helmet Dive and enjoyed it. Good luck!

7. beachpal

beachpal DVC member

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll look into other options just in case. :thumbsup2

8. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

I had it booked for the 10/6 sailing and had a VM from DCL this week saying it was no longer offered. Very sad.

Jill in CO

9. Keira1387

Keira1387 Married at Disney August 2, 2008

We received the email as well. Was really looking forward to it. :(