• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discover Card rebate/Partners deal

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
We use Discover for just about everything we buy (for the 1% rebate). I just went 'shopping' on their site to use our reward $ and got $40.00 certificates and paid $20.00. These can be used at several places. I ordered Staples, FTD (mother's day is coming up!), Red Lobster (which can also be used at Olive Garden) and Borders Bookstore. Such a deal! In fact I ordered 2 certificates each at Borders and Red Lobster.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Disney charge card offered deals like this for their tickets or their meals on site. :(

Good for you.

We also use the Discover card for just about all our purchases!

I really like the fact that you can obtain your cash rebate monthly now and online to boot. So easy.

I am going to buy the blockbuster gift card next month. Yes, they do have good deals.

And what, you say Red Lobster gift card can use used at the Olive Garden? Are you positive?

herc.

You can also get $40 for $20 on Carnival and one rental car company (sorry forgot which one). But the rental car would help out on your Disney trip.

Originally posted by hercamore

And what, you say Red Lobster gift card can use used at the Olive Garden? Are you positive?

herc.

Yup Herc, I'm sure, but here is the total info for you (skip down to #4):
Present your Red Lobster Gift Card to pay for your purchase. Each time you use it Red Lobster will deduct that amount until you've used the full value of the card. And you can add to the card value at any time! A few other things to know about your Gift Card: (1) Except where required by law, you can't redeem it for cash. (2) Red Lobster won't replace it if it's lost or stolen. (3) Except in California and where prohibited by law, if you don't use your card for a 15-month period, a $1.50 monthly maintenance fee will be deducted from the remaining balance until you start using it again. (4) You can also use it at any Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, or Smokey Bones Restaurant. (5) Cards redeemable in United States restaurants only.

Don't you just love a bargain :D ?

The Red Lobster ones are great!!

I have gotten 4 of these. I used mine at Bahama Breeze a couple weeks ago. I felt funny because the front of the card is just the Red Lobster logo, but the back reads like Muushka said above.
I had no problems at all with it!

Love a deal. Pam

I love the Discover Card double cashback bonus partners! My daughter's college expenses are charged to Discover, so we get a pretty sizeable rebate each year.

Thanks for the info on Red Lobster.

And NancyIL. I have 2 kids in college. wish I could charge room and board to Discover.

Wow, that would be a nice rebate.

herc.

Yes! I love the double cashback partner rewards too! We are currently renovating a house, so the rewards are racking up quickly. I used to just get the checks, but now I'm finding the Red Lobster cards to be a better deal! We usually feel guilty about going out to eat when we have to scrimp and save because of the house, but the gift cards make it well worth it!

Originally posted by hercamore
And NancyIL. I have 2 kids in college. wish I could charge room and board to Discover.

Wow, that would be a nice rebate.

herc.

Herc - my daughter's college expenses are paid over 10 months through Tuition Management Systems - www.afford.com
You might see if your college expenses can be paid that way, too. There's a $55 annual enrollment fee - but no extra costs for charging the monthly payment to Discover - at least not for my DD's college (U. of Dallas).

Thank you so much to the original poster for reminding me of this. I have always taken the cash back or applied it to our account. But I am going to double the reward and get a $40 Red Lobster GC with my $20 cash back allowance.

YEH!!! :)

Thanks for the tip on the Red Lobster deal! Since Discover quit automatically sending the check, I had really not thought about my cashback award. We love Olive Garden and the gift card is a wonderful deal for us!

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter