Discounts for Sept/Oct2013 Please come out!!!!

Jokers Girl

Earning My Ears
Trying to plan my honeymoon for the end of next September to the Beginning of October 2013. Really wish they would update their sales, specials or stay, play and dine deal....I could easily save $300 with it and I want to book now!!!! Lol we really dont have a budget for a honeymoon (we are paying for our wedding and even that is a small budget. And I have never been to Disney so I need all the planning help I can get!) so we are planning on having the honeymoon registry Disney offers to help pay for it.

My aunt suggested booking now (christmas is right around the corner and people could always give us gifts on the registry and my birthday is in Feb) and then when the deals come out to call and tell them I want change my reservation to the new deal. Has anyone done this before? Any tips, ideas or suggestions?

Has anyone used the honeymoon registry and then changed their package like this? Has it affected the registry in any way?

Is there any other specials they offer for booking a honeymoon through disney?

Any tips, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but with the exception of PINs targeted to individual email addresses and free dining packages offered to UK residents, Disney generally does not release discounts more than about four months ahead of time. However, they've offered free dining every September since the dining plan was launched, so it's a pretty sure bet that it'll come back next year. If you follow sites like MouseSavers.com and MouseMisers.com on Twitter, you'll know as soon as new discounts come out.

My aunt suggested booking now (christmas is right around the corner and people could always give us gifts on the registry and my birthday is in Feb) and then when the deals come out to call and tell them I want change my reservation to the new deal. Has anyone done this before? Any tips, ideas or suggestions?

This is an excellent suggestion. That way, at least you'll have a reservation number that you can use to make dining reservations 6 months out.

Has anyone used the honeymoon registry and then changed their package like this? Has it affected the registry in any way?

Disney's new honeymoon registry is not tied into your reservation at all, and it isn't even administered by Disney. It's basically just like any other honeymoon registry but with a thin veneer of Disney branding on top. When your guests buy you "experiences," the money is just added to your account, and then you cash it out via bank transfer, check, etc.

Is there any other specials they offer for booking a honeymoon through disney?

At this time, Disney has no honeymoon-specific travel packages. You sort of have to make your own experience, which is where a message board like this comes in. We can offer suggestions for romantic activities, free or low-cost things to do on your honeymoon, and ways to make it extra special. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your answers. They were extremely helpful - especially the way you answered each question!!!

I am so new at all of this as I have never been to Disney. There is so much I don't know. We've pretty much decided the package we want - All-star Movies, 4 day park pass with the hopper and the plus dinning (hopefully get a character dinner or two- My Fiancee says its a must). All comes to about 2050. If they do the same promo as now it would be about 1740 for the same package. Crossing my fingers and toes for a good package! Espceially since if me make it a registry we want to see if we could add the airfare to it.

Do you happen to know if you can book airfare with disney AFTER you have booked your package? Or do you have to book it at the same time?

I'm pretty sure you can, but I think most would recommend you not book the airfare with Disney if you want to save money. You'll do far better to track flight prices on your own (using a site like Yapta.com) and keep an eye out for fare sales (FareCompare.com, Kayak.com, the Twitter accounts of individual airlines). :thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure you can, but I think most would recommend you not book the airfare with Disney if you want to save money. You'll do far better to track flight prices on your own (using a site like Yapta.com) and keep an eye out for fare sales (FareCompare.com, Kayak.com, the Twitter accounts of individual airlines). :thumbsup2

Yes, Carrie is right. ;) I don't even think I know of anyone who booked flights through Disney, but I do believe you can add them on later.

You will find flights on your own MUCH cheaper. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter