Discounts at the Contemporary

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
hi there
We are looking at first week 2018. Not sure if we willarrive on 31Dec /1Jan/2Jan. Two groups in our large group want contemporary (garden wing)

A) when do 2018 rates typically come out?
B) if we book now Dec31 and change it to arrive Jan 1 or 2nd we should still be allowed to do that?
C) do discount rates come out that time of year for this resort? Or is it hard to get?
D) stay play and dine seems to be consistently arriving on 1st right? What about free dining at End of 2017?

Well, the actual rates for 2018 won't even come out until sometime this summer (usually in June). As far as discounts, I would be those would be Sept/Oct sometime?

hi there
We are looking at first week 2018. Not sure if we willarrive on 31Dec /1Jan/2Jan. Two groups in our large group want contemporary (garden wing)

A) when do 2018 rates typically come out?
B) if we book now Dec31 and change it to arrive Jan 1 or 2nd we should still be allowed to do that?
C) do discount rates come out that time of year for this resort? Or is it hard to get?
D) stay play and dine seems to be consistently arriving on 1st right? What about free dining at End of 2017?

Usually the resort rates for the next calendar year are released in June to July. I doubt you'll receive any type of discount for December 31 as that's the New Year's holiday. You may be able to change arrival dates depending if your alternate dates are available. Typically the discount offered at the Contemporary is less than the other deluxe resorts, around 10% to 15%. For January 2017, the discounts were available for arrivals starting on January 1.

Last edited:

What we have done is....
a) booked now, it is very important to my Mum that we are in WDW for New Year's.

b) we booked Dec 31-Jan 9th. ( may change and save a day by coming home on the 8th, as there is a late night flight, we still get to maximize on the day ) This way we have the rooms that Mums wants. She understands that she may not get any discount, and she is ok with that. This is a big bucket list thing for her, and that is more important. Even brother who like me is counting $$$ has said he was staying at the Contemporary as their son will not yet be 3 when they go, so they are saving money that they thought they had to spend on him (dining plan and pass).
I on the other hand, as well as dad and his wife, are staying at POFQ. Again, if I can't have a discount, I want to stay where I want...rather than where the $$$ is. SO at least we have rooms when we want to be there, rather than waiting for June and possibly not having choice...

c) If a discount rate comes out for say Jan 1st and on, I am more than willing to move to a different Moderate if it is both available and if the discounts makes it worth moving resorts. :) I am also more than happy to book a room only Dec 31st for however many nights ,say 1 or 2 before the discounts kick in, then have a reservation from the 1 or 2 to 9th at the same hotel with the discounts. I have been told that the park passes that we will have only starting on say the 1st or 2nd, can still be used starting the 31st. (which reality says that we arrive mid afternoon, it's going to be too chaotic to try to get to a park I think). I have also been told that it's very good chance that we will not have to move rooms

so I have a plan if discounts come out. Mum is now 100% happy with just having the Contemporary , so if a discount comes out that is just a bonus to her :)

This year is the first year that SP&D has started on the 1st. In previous years, it began anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th.
Free dining check-in dates usually end somewhere around the 20th of December.

You may try checking with a few travel agents. I have already booked my trip for next January (3rd-8th) at the Contemporary and I got a nice discount! Some of the travel agents that typically have blocks of rooms for race events would be worth calling . . .

You may try checking with a few travel agents. I have already booked my trip for next January (3rd-8th) at the Contemporary and I got a nice discount! Some of the travel agents that typically have blocks of rooms for race events would be worth calling . . .
Can you send me a message about how much of a discount did you get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter