Discounted Passes???

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by MarylandPizzaman, Jul 3, 2003.

1. MarylandPizzaman

MarylandPizzaman Mouseketeer

I know this has probably been asked and answered a few times on the board but here goes,
    I wanted to see if there is a discount on Park tickets?
    As a DVC member I wanted to ask, I looked but couldn't find where it was stated.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. MarylandPizzaman

Sorry,
    I should reiterate,
    I am looking to get park hopper passes from the front desk when I arrive for my stay.

4. Gail & Joe

Gail & Joe DIS Veteran

There is a 10% discount on UPH passes only with DVC.

5. Gail & Joe

Gail & Joe DIS Veteran

The UPH passes are the ones you get when you check in for the lenghth of your stay.

6. MarylandPizzaman

Thanks,
    I know I read it somewhere but I have been saving too many sites about DVC and can't remember which one pertained to my question.

7. Duchie

Duchie "Answers are the easy part, questions raise the do

Do DVC members also get a discount on APs?

8. DVC-Don

DVC-Don DIS Veteran

Sorry, the answer is no.

9. dmoore22

dmoore22 Old Rock n' Roller

So far there are no AP or PAP discounts for DVC members. However if you are a current member of the Disney Club then you are eligible for discounts on most admission media. There is also an advanced purchase discount when tickets are purchased before you leave at either the Disney Store or Disney online. These do not include the UPH. DVC has the corner on discounts for UPH. On the other hand I've often wondered since we, as DVC members, are considered property owners in Fla why we couldn't purchase passes with a Fla resident discount?
    :teeth: :teeth:

10. GAIL HAYDEN

GAIL HAYDEN DVC Member since '92

Because, we are not Fl. residents.

11. dmoore22

dmoore22 Old Rock n' Roller

I think about that each time I pay Florida property taxes!:jester:

12. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Actually, the real reason is that Disney just decided not to grant DVC members Florida resident discounts.

The paperwork we all signed when we purchased specifically states that DVC ownership alone will not qualify anyone as a Florida resident for the purpose of receiving WDW discounts. Those aren't the exact words, but if you look through your documentation, you can find and read the exact wording for yourself.

I'd personally love a discount on Aps/PAPs and the PHP tickets. Even with the DVC 10% discount, UPH (Length of Stay) passes just don't ever seem to be the best economic value for my family's touring plans. :(

13. Patpat15

Patpat15 DVCer

It seems if they gave us a discount on the APs or let us get the Florida resident passes, they would end up making more money from us, with the amount of money we would spend on park meals, souvenirs, etc!