DISCOUNT ON WDW TICKETS - Westgate

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
This is my first time on this board. First, thank you very
much for all the valuable information. Did anyone ever
tour Westgates Resorts to get a discount on WDW Passes.
They have the 5 day hopper plus pass with options available.
That is what I am interested in. I could use any info available
about this tour presentation.
Thank you:)

I've been through 2 of their presentations and both were no pressure. I've stayed at 2 properties which were both beautiful. There were some mgmt. problems at Westgate Vacation Villas which resulted in poor service, but that manager is no longer in their employment I've been told. I highly recommend Westgate Lakes.

I toured there as well. There was not pressure, but if you do not buy they try to lay a guilt trip on you. So if you can't handle the guilt of getting cheap tickets don't go, but if you see it as a business deal then by all means go

I read a full report about the Westgate Lakes timeshare talk and the free tickets on www.orlandotripplanner.com 's message board and the person who wrote the report hated it - said it was a miserable waste of time. You might want to check that out.

If I'm not mistaken, the "free tickets" are only one day passes.

If you're only going for the passes, I'd probably skip it. I misunderstood and thought you meant one of their packages that combines cheap or free room with the passes. I have seen that online, btw. We stayed there and enjoyed the accomodation. We were getting free room for 2 nts one time, and a very inexpensive rate for a week another time. I was looking for specific amenities, and they had them. We considered paying the rack rate and not attending the presentation, but it saved us $500, well worth a 90 min. presentation. Just the passes are not a big enough incentive for me.

We would be saving 200.00 on 5 day hopper plus passes and
receiving 6 tickets to water mania. I still don't know what to
do:confused: :confused: :confused:

Luvdisney14, I just signed up for 4 days and 3 nights at their Vacation Villas for $99 and were offered their WaterMania tickets but no Disney tickets, discounted or otherwise. Also, the park closes on October 27th -- something I didn't know before making the ressies for late December. (I guess this means I'll have to make another trip for next summer!:p )

In any case, how did you swing deeply discounted tickets? Does this deal include accomodations? I still haven't returned their "contract" confirming the ressies but I'll hold back if I can get your deal on the park hoppers!

I am not staying at their resort. I justed called them
in regard to hopper passes. I now found out the hopper
passes are only 5 day with 2 options, so I don't know what
to do about it. Also, you have to pay upfront for tickets, you
don't recieve them until after the presentation. I still don't
know what I am going to do. I asked for them to send me
an email before I gave them a credit card number and they
told me that wasn't possible. I am a little nervous about the
whole thing. I also left numerous messages for one of the
supervisors but she hasn't called me back yet.

Don't know if this helps at all, but when we did the 2 free nights we first were charged $100 to our credit card. When we sat through the presentation and tour they credited our account the $100, and before we left we were given proof of that transaction. The credit went through with no hitches, and we paid nothing for our 2 nts. For the longer stay we were charged up front for the promotional rate with the understanding that if we didn't show up for the breakfast presentation our card would be billed the balance of rack rate. It worked exactly as they said. However, I booked through www.floridavacationstore.com rather than directly with WG. That's a TA that represents WG but books WDTravel and other companies as well. Just make sure what you sign clearly explains they'll credit your account after you attend. If you're uncomfortable with this, then buy your passes and forego the offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter