Discount for AP holders?

WishMom09

DIS Veteran
I understand that AP holders receive resort discounts. Anyone know how much?
Just trying to see if it would be worth it for our family of 5!
Thanks You!

For early Spring, we got about 25% off at CBR and 30% off at YC. The available rooms go pretty fast for these discounts.

For early Spring, we got about 25% off at CBR and 30% off at YC. The available rooms go pretty fast for these discounts.

Agree. I have been booking multiple AP discounted trips for many years (4-6 trips a year). I am very flexible in when I can travel but found 2015 to be a struggle to get an AP room that could work for me. 4 trips and only got a discounted room once. Actually opted for off-site suite/condo (for less) the other trips. But felt my AP was still worth it even without hotel discount.

I wouldn't expect much. Like others have said by the time they release the AP discounts most of the hotels have no or very limited availability. Years ago it was much better but I don't feel the love as an AP member anymore. For our Feb. trip I was planning on a split stay between BWI and Poly, nothing at the BWI and only a suite at the Poly. We had already booked the BWI on the early spring discount and did get a discount at the GF but it was the same as the spring discount.

The MOST I've seen is maybe 5% more than the general public discount - and like people said, they can be hard to come by AND you have to wait for the discounts to come out.

So, while an AP may be worth it for some other reasons, I've never read about anyone saving enough with discounts to pay for their AP.

I just got 30% off deluxe resorts for a last minute trip this month. There was a lot available.

Typically you will want to purchase APs for the ticket saving then any room savings are a bonus.

As Mrs D said, look at the AP room discounts as gravy on the potato. If you make enough visits, it makes sense. There are several web sites out there that do a bit of a break over point analysis between getting regular tickets or APs and when it makes sense. Seems like somewhere around 8 days, the AP becomes the no-brainer. For us, it always makes sense. We're in Florida, and it's still a 6 hour drive, but we like to do one full blow-out week (Friday to following Sunday - 8 nights, 9 days) and then at least one -- but usually more -- weekend jaunts.

We're doing the Silver Pass this year, looking at the blockout dates, those are times we rarely ever go anyway.

As far as room discounts, mousesavers.com goes into quite a bit of detail about how they work and when they might hit. I just reserve the rooms I want at whatever rate they charge me, and check back with the CRO every few weeks to see if any discounts are available. I've not met a cast member unwilling to give us the better rate even for a room we've already booked.

I just got 30% off deluxe resorts for a last minute trip this month. There was a lot available.
Same here. I haven't had a problem finding an AP discounted room for any of our trips this year.
Not in May, Aug, Oct or Dec. Got another for Feb

We are new AP holders, but had this experience in July (booked 14 days or less prior to check in and changed resorts about 5 days before check in) at YC and Contemporary Garden View... Both very good rates. 30-35% we had also briefly booked a room at Pop for a smaller discount, but upgraded to CR due to great value. For our upcoming December stay, we were able to book at end of Sept. 3 nights in December, again at YC. This is actually Xmas week, so I was surprised that many resorts were available. For some reason, each time I have checked, YC has been the best deal. Could be partially due to standard room category being available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter