Discontinued interline rates

ddeschon

Earning My Ears
I just called to book a one night interline rate before our Dvc stay. The Cm said Disney discontinued the rate as of Jan 19th!!! Oh we'll another discount gone.

I just called to book a one night interline rate before our Dvc stay. The Cm said Disney discontinued the rate as of Jan 19th!!! Oh we'll another discount gone.

Are you sure? I know of people (not myself) booked with Interline rate into May of this year....you might want to try another CM...

I called the interline number twice. She said that they no longer offer the rate. They cut it out on the 19th, so if u booked before that then u are good. But no new reservations!

I called the interline number twice. She said that they no longer offer the rate. They cut it out on the 19th, so if u booked before that then u are good. But no new reservations!

Oh no! That's a bummer. I was never able to use it, but I know it was a very good discount. Sorry.

So, so sad. :sad:

Not 100% sure if this is correct but this is what I heard:

Disney has discontinued the interline discount for all of their properties at WDW, DL, and other resorts. They will continue to offer interline discounts on some cruises. Sadly, they have no intention of bringing back interline rates again.

We had a good ride . . . sad to see it go.

ddeschon, I don't know when you are going but I did see a 30% off room rate for most nights February 18 through March 23, 2013 and April 2 through June 14, 2013.

here is the link:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

Hope that helps. It isn't the 40% but it's something. :goodvibes

I'm so sad. I called Friday to check rates and then called this morning to make the reservation and the program has been cancelled. I am so bummed!:(

I'm so sad. I called Friday to check rates and then called this morning to make the reservation and the program has been cancelled. I am so bummed!:(

By chance did you put anything on hold? Maybe they'll honor the rate if you called and held a ressie before they cancelled the offer. :confused3 Can't hurt to try, you have nothing to lose.

Look at my post above, Disney has a 30% off rate for resorts thru June 14. Certain dates are excluded. It isn't the same, but it is something.

It stinks, though. We had such a nice perk. :(

We decided to just rent points instead! Disney just keeps limiting the discounts! Really sad!

Bummer! My mom gets interline and I was hoping to do a trip with her, DH and DD at some point. Seeing how good the interline rates were (although last time I saw them was years ago) I have no idea why we never stayed on-site while I was growing up :eek:. Oh well, we manage to find decent deals on our own, but I was hoping an interline extravaganza would be in our future.

Darn, we were thinking of trying Poly this year...but could only afford with the discount. I called this morning too before seeing this thread....was one week too late! We've done 3 of our trips with the interline rate. Was a great deal! Ugh.

No....that means we will not be going this year!! Will they bringing anything in place for airline employees then?

I called this am to check dates and prices etc... and they still have the prompt to push one for the interline rate on the message .. So after about 10 min on the phone after he got ALL my info.. he then asked if I was just checking rooms or a package? thinking wow did Disney change the rule for the disount and now we can get packages too.... then when I said again I was checking the interline rate.. he said they stopped offering Jan 19th :( I said the phone still has the prompt for it, he said they were suppose to change that. BIG BUMMER for our family ... guess offsite for sure now.

oh and I called the same number later and pushed the cruise line prompt and she said they still offer the interline rate but not that often anymore and the only thing she showed was a transatlantic in May.. ( I was just curious about the cruise since that is my dream someday and wasn't sure how the interline rates worked with that)

so I guess it is just wait for the pins like everyone else now... was a nice perk to try and use at times.

Yeah. We are bummed. That was the only way we could really afford to go. I work for hotels, so there is a discount but the convenience of ME is gone. 2 or 3 trips a year, with a lot of extra $$$ for PHs, souvies, and food means less money to Disney from us. Shame. But on the brighter side, I can finally travel to all the other places I've wanted to go because DH prefers Disney...

What a bummer, but I am glad I booked my September trip before hand.
I guess i will be enjoying this trip more than ever since I dont see myself going back without discounts.
:confused3

Crap. That stinks. We booked our September trip in October and used the interline deal. First time to use it and last I guess. Well I hope they give out some good discounts to replace the interline deals.

I called my interline number a few days ago and was so disappointed when I found out the discontinued the interline rates..Thats how I booked my rooms 90% of the time..now I have to hope to find someone giving good dvc points or a good discount somewhere..:sad1:

so disappointed in finding this out. We had a trip booked already for November and I called to add additional days and they honored it. Never said a word about the discount not being available any more. Guess we'll cherish this trip because not sure we can really afford to go back as often or staying onsite without the discount.

Dang! I just found this out the hard way, I was calling to book for a friend of mine and heard the news :-(

Really disappointed in this, do we have an idea why they decided to remove the interline discount?

I don't know how long the interline discount rate has been offered, but I know I have been using it for over 10 years. I think I have been on two trips in the past 10 years that I have not used the interline rate (one was the 4-3 deal of 2009). I had called about a September trip before the 19th just to check availability and rates and was not told a thing about it going away. Called a week ago and found out the news. :furious:

I wrote Disney a firmly worded e-mail about how we have been going to WDW for 10 years and have accumulated well over 20 trips, spending money on tickets, food, tours, souvineers, hard ticket events. Between this elimination of the interline discount and the increased price of annual passes (especially charging adult prices for child's passes), I asked them to tell me specifically how we could continue to afford to visit anymore.

I got back the usual form letter that the elimination of the interline rate was "a company directive," and that "The Walt Disney World Resort does not currently offer a savings or discount based on employment by or affliation with any airline or travel organization." They said I should check out the "Special Offers" on the web site. They said nothing about the ticket prices.

Based on this e-mail, I wonder if travel agents also lose out on the interline rate?

All things considered, this past year's actions by WDW has left a bitter taste in our mouths. I would never say that I won't go again...but it will be few and far between, rather than the several times a year we had been averaging the past three years.

How will the resorts fill those last minute empty rooms now?

Eric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter