Disboutiquers Part 9 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew CLOSED/MOVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already said but yes Latter Day Saints or to the rest of the world, Mormon but not FLDS.

It is a great organization that has a very strong value on Family, modesty and most good things. I have learned so much from my friends and neighbors in my community. I now find some the things I see people wear in Disney and in public just offensive.

They also have good thrift store called Dessert Industries. I worked at the one in Logan for a month. Yes, I was the only person there ever who was not LDS but I did get a recommend from the Bishop in the ward I lived in at the time. Love to shop there for great clothes at a discount.

Well, time for bed, nite friends.

You should check out my TR...I have a picture of the worst outfit I saw (if you want to call it an "outfit"). I'm not Mormon but I found it offensive.

:sick: i did not know about the move!!!!:sad2: :sad2: :mad:

I made this outfits for Chloe little give

2007_10120008.jpg

2007_10120017.jpg

2007_10120016.jpg

2007_10120015.jpg

and another vida dress

2007_10140004.jpg

Linnette

Forgot to add :

Love all the creations!!!!

Love the reversible cape!!!! I am casing that for my son for Halloween!!!I needed something easy to make and this is just perfect:banana:

TOM:worship: :worship: :worship: you are the MAN!!!!!!!I love the skirts, they are just perfect!!!

Linnette

I am loving all the new creations, but Tom those skirts are gorgeous! I couldn't make one, let alone four! And the bag for mom is great, I love that she can match her girls

I did a little sewing today, I made mypuppy a shirt/dress thingy. I even appliqued her initial on it, but of course I forgot to do the inside bits, and didnt notice until it was all sewn together. Ohh well.

SDC10143.jpg

and just because I liked dressing her up..
SDC10151.jpg

I've made it over. Didn't need a coat though... it was 90+ degrees in South Texas today! I'm so ready for jeans and long-sleeve t-shirts.

You LEFT me!:sad:
I :magnify: and :magnify: for everyone.
I had to :drive: and then :boat:. I had to ask a ::cop: for directions and then take a :moped:

But I finally made it!!!! :cheer2:

:lovestruc I made this for Madi this weekend.
Doradress015.jpg

Doradress008.jpg

Doradress014.jpg

Doradress013-1.jpg

She :love: Loves :love: this dress! I am really proud of it and even got compliments from DH and MIL.

I am loving all the new creations, but Tom those skirts are gorgeous! I couldn't make one, let alone four! And the bag for mom is great, I love that she can match her girls

I did a little sewing today, I made mypuppy a shirt/dress thingy. I even appliqued her initial on it, but of course I forgot to do the inside bits, and didnt notice until it was all sewn together. Ohh well.

SDC10143.jpg

and just because I liked dressing her up..
SDC10151.jpg

:lovestruc She is just the cutest!!

I know Fairygoodmother posted pictures of them in the park, but I had to show you all what happened on Friday.

th_DSC02422.jpg

Here are the outfits they had on.

It started early in the morning first we head "picture, Picture" and then the japanese tourists would start posing with the girls. After several groups I started taking pictures.

th_DSC02423.jpg

th_DSC02424.jpg

th_DSC02480.jpg

th_DSC02459-1.jpg

See all of the feet behind them. As soon as Captain Jack stood up they all went around him and started posing with her. :confused3

th_DSC02462.jpg

th_DSC02463.jpg

Every single group took individual pictures and then a group shot.

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! We never saw one Japanese touring group like that. Brazilian, lots, Japanese no. What did your kids think of it? Mine would have thought it was funny but I don't know if they would have posed with them!

Hi everyone, I have admired many of the things ya'll have posted here and decided that I was going to try to make a pirate shirt for my dd...hers is too small...I CAN NOT figure out how to get the sleeves in...Has anyone made this before? I am only using the top of it...

th_3680.jpg

If you can't figure it out, you can use a peasant shirt from www.youcanmakethis.com. Everyone on here likes the shirt/dress pattern from Carla C. Good Luck!

Already said but yes Latter Day Saints or to the rest of the world, Mormon but not FLDS.

It is a great organization that has a very strong value on Family, modesty and most good things. I have learned so much from my friends and neighbors in my community. I now find some the things I see people wear in Disney and in public just offensive.

They also have good thrift store called Dessert Industries. I worked at the one in Logan for a month. Yes, I was the only person there ever who was not LDS but I did get a recommend from the Bishop in the ward I lived in at the time. Love to shop there for great clothes at a discount.

Well, time for bed, nite friends.

Speaking of offensive. I know I haven't filled everyone in on our soccer drama but it's a long story. Anyway, Grace's coach's wife (also the mother of a player) who I really do like, showed up at last week's practice with really blonde hair (hers is blonde, just not THAT blonde) about a foot longer than it was at the game on Saturday and a t-shirt with a cartoonish character on the front that says "You say B_TCH like it's a bad thing" and it didn't have the space in it like I put it in. Umm, hello, this is a five/six year old soccer practice, can we please refrain from wearing shirts like that around the kids? And the hair thing wasn't bad, it was just so obvious that she got major extensions put in. You had to notice it. I mean, really what do you say, nice extensions? Sometimes I don't feel like I fit in here in Dallas! I am a very casual person but I clean up when I need to. Some of the moms around here get dressed up to take the garbage out, I swear! The styles may have changed from the 1980's but the same women who were on the tv show Dallas still live here!

As you may remember, my camera was stolen :mad: :mad: :mad: :headache: :headache: :headache: and so I only have one day's worth of pictures. I bought a disposable camera since we were getting Grace's hair cut for the first time so we would have pictures of that. By the way, I didn't remember how crappy these disposable cameras are until I got my pictures developed. So anyway, here is a picture of my girls in MK wearing their customs for AK (don't ask why, it was what they wanted to wear!) in a really poor quality picture. I'll have the rest once I get my photopass but here is the one I have for now.

10_6.jpg

:sick: i did not know about the move!!!!:sad2: :sad2: :mad:

I made this outfits for Chloe little give

2007_10120008.jpg

2007_10120017.jpg

2007_10120016.jpg

2007_10120015.jpg

and another vida dress

2007_10140004.jpg

Linnette

Linnette, I don't know if you have seen Karlyn's trip report but I hope you take a little time to see how absolutely darling the girls look on day 2 in two of the outfits you made for them. As the TR goes on, everyone will see that they never looked less than perfect because of the darling outfits from the disboutiquers. Thank you again everyone.

One of these days, I want to contact you about the darling bags I have seen that you make. I love them!

Denise

Thanks ladies...did I mention I really don't sew...I am a wanna be seamstress...I am going to get a friend to see if she can help tomorrow as I really don't want to have to buy another pattern...thanks for all of your help!

As you may remember, my camera was stolen :mad: :mad: :mad: :headache: :headache: :headache: and so I only have one day's worth of pictures. I bought a disposable camera since we were getting Grace's hair cut for the first time so we would have pictures of that. By the way, I didn't remember how crappy these disposable cameras are until I got my pictures developed. So anyway, here is a picture of my girls in MK wearing their customs for AK (don't ask why, it was what they wanted to wear!) in a really poor quality picture. I'll have the rest once I get my photopass but here is the one I have for now.

th_10_6.jpg

they look adorable. and how awful are those people for stealing your camera!!!

I guess I really shouldn't say stolen since my DH actually left it on a bus. But we searched the lost and found and no one has turned it in. Really annoys me, I loved my camera but I really just want my pictures back! And I know it wasn't "stolen", but really, if I had found camera I would move heaven and earth to get it back to the owners so they could continue to take pictures of their trip and keep the pictures they had already.

I know Fairygoodmother posted pictures of them in the park, but I had to show you all what happened on Friday.

th_DSC02422.jpg

Here are the outfits they had on.

It started early in the morning first we head "picture, Picture" and then the japanese tourists would start posing with the girls. After several groups I started taking pictures.

th_DSC02423.jpg

th_DSC02424.jpg

th_DSC02480.jpg

th_DSC02459-1.jpg

See all of the feet behind them. As soon as Captain Jack stood up they all went around him and started posing with her. :confused3

th_DSC02462.jpg

th_DSC02463.jpg

Every single group took individual pictures and then a group shot.

It wasn't as extreme as your situation, but we had a similar photo op at AK. We were wearing the plaid Mickey outfits I made and an group of young adult Asians asked if they could have a picture with us. I thought they were joking but we soon discovered they were serious! :confused3 :lmao:
I still remember we were walking over the bridge heading back toward the front of the park from Expedition Everest. Never had strangers want a picture of me/my family before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter