Disboutiquers Part 4ish Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good! I'm in on the beginning before needing to play catch up :cool1: It will be short lived though as I am off to a dog show this weekend. Looking forward to seeing all the new creations when I get back! Have fun and happy sewing everybody!

Ooooh I'm sooo jelous! I cant wait til my dog and I (mostly me) are good enough to compete in agility trials. I love dog shows, and most important, after visiting the ring side- I LOVE vendors!!

Welcome! :) We love to see ANY Disney customs, you do not have to have made them yourself. Post away!

I love seeing all the customs no matter who made them. It gives me so much motivation. I still have to finish my first top but I will get it done before my Disney trip!

Yay! This is fun!
This is a Snow White dress made for my younger dd:
th_allie3.jpg

This one kills two birds with one stone! My very favorite custom ever- Mary Poppins! My younger dd is wearing an appliqued Ariel shirt with matching twirl skirt:
th_krisallie4.jpg

Minnie Customs! The older girl is a family member we were with:
th_DSC03191.jpg

Not the greatest pic, but the only Peter Pan I have in photobucket:
th_DSC03006.jpg

I have a couple more, just need to find them :) Thanks for looking!

I am so looking forward to the customs we find for Sept!

I love the customs! My favorite is the Mary Poppins. That is gorgeous.

I LOVE the Mary Poppins outfit.

Karebear, I love the bunny quilt. I think it looks fantastic the way it is. P.S. I still want to come live in your craft room. It looks so serene in there, so organized, so unlike my place. :)

I LOVE the Mary Poppins outfit.

Karebear, I love the bunny quilt. I think it looks fantastic the way it is. P.S. I still want to come live in your craft room. It looks so serene in there, so organized, so unlike my place. :)

OK= we'll have a sleep over! What are you gonna bring and...

Who else wants to come????

Woohoo! Finally caught up with the threads! I wondered if it would happen before a new thread was started! It didn't! *LOL*

Everyone's work is gorgeous! It's going to be a couple of months before I start sewing for a lovely little girl. She's 5 months old now, and I want to work on a size for 12-months for her to grow into. I think she's going to be a bit larger than average--her mother is almost 6 feet tall and her father is 6'6" tall. No guarantee which size genes are dominant at this point!

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but that portion of the family is not Disneyfied. However, it could be Disney-light.

So I'll continue lurking and posting and commenting. :)

Heather - did I miss Tessa wearing the Pan Sillouhette top? I was hoping you posted her in it.

Heather - I love Tessa's beautiful Minnie dress and how you did the applique! :thumbsup2

Thank you to everyone on the kind comments about DD's dress today. And as far as the weather goes, its back to cold, cloudy and windy tomorrow. The wind here is incessant. Uggggggggg I hate it. :sad2:

Here's what I've been doing lately- not exactly dis-boutique, but done buy a dis-boutique doll! Sorry- it's all I have to contribute!

I still need to put eyes on the bunnies and sew buttons under their ties. I'll finish that up on the plane tomorrow and then I'll leave it in Utah with DD so she can get it quilted for me. When that's done, I'll sew the binding on, and it'll be finished. I'll post pics of it again when it's all finished if you'd like.

Do you think the way I arranged the squares is ok?? It's so hard to tell sometimes.

IMG_5396.jpg
This is very BEAUTIFUL! Love the fabric combinations!

Hi there, I'm new here, I introduced myself in Part Trois.

I was wondering if I could ask a favour? I want to know if it's worth it for me to cross-border shop for my fabric, and since I'm just getting started, I need a lot!

What are the prices you're paying for Disney fabric in the USA? I would like to compare . . .

I'll check back after I finish my DD's Princess Castle cake for her 4th birthday party on Sunday. I'll even post pictures!

Merci Beaucoup les filles!

I love Tessa's new dress. Looks like she does too. It looks good on bunny too. :lmao:

I'm trying to make myself go finish a Cinderella topsy-turvy doll for my niece's birthday party tomorrow. I was going along really well & now I've lost all my motivation. ggrrrr
That doll sounds really cute! Show us when you get it done!!

Yep, still incredibly handsome!!

These are great!!! I love the Mary Poppins too! I bet she got tons of attention in that. The Mermaid outfit is adorable! They're all really cute and your kids are beautiful!

Teresa- I found the very same Peter Pan Clip art you used (with my fabulous google skilz) and printed them. I increased their size a little and finally opted out because for the characters to fit on Norah's body AND be big enough for me to be able to applique them, they would be the size of a California King sheet....:rotfl2:
I was worried they'd be too small to applique around, too. But, it was fairly easy. See, I answer to Teresa. ;)

That is FAB-ULOUS!!! I love it! Those fabric are so pretty and look great together! Definitely post a picture when it's done.

OK= we'll have a sleep over! What are you gonna bring and...

Who else wants to come????
Oooh, oooh, me, me!!! I'll bring a screaming kid (Sawyer's having some sleep issues)!!

Heather - did I miss Tessa wearing the Pan Sillouhette top? I was hoping you posted her in it.
No, I didn't get a picture of her in it today. It was pushing the limits of her modeling tolerance to get pictures of the dot outfit. But, I'll get some pics of her in it- tomorrow hopefully.

Hi there, I'm new here, I introduced myself in Part Trois.

I was wondering if I could ask a favour? I want to know if it's worth it for me to cross-border shop for my fabric, and since I'm just getting started, I need a lot!

What are the prices you're paying for Disney fabric in the USA? I would like to compare . . .

I'll check back after I finish my DD's Princess Castle cake for her 4th birthday party on Sunday. I'll even post pictures!

Merci Beaucoup les filles!

I took 1 year of French in high school, so I can read the last line!! :woohoo: I also have a dog named Pierre, so we are very French around here. :rotfl:

Most of the Disney fabric at WalMart is $4/yard or so. If you go to JoAnn, it's generally about $7/yard, but they almost always have a 40% off coupon and it goes on sale for 30%-40% off a lot. I don't have a Hancocks in my area, so I can't help you out there.

Here's what I've been doing lately- not exactly dis-boutique, but done buy a dis-boutique doll! Sorry- it's all I have to contribute!

I still need to put eyes on the bunnies and sew buttons under their ties. I'll finish that up on the plane tomorrow and then I'll leave it in Utah with DD so she can get it quilted for me. When that's done, I'll sew the binding on, and it'll be finished. I'll post pics of it again when it's all finished if you'd like.

Do you think the way I arranged the squares is ok?? It's so hard to tell sometimes.

IMG_5396.jpg
Awww that is the cutest bunny quilt ever!!!

I think that Hancock Fabrics are about the same as Joann's. I don't have a Joann's here but by what everyone else says it seems to be about the same on the prices.

Ok, I got my dds to cooperate, here they are modeling the HSM outfits.
HPIM1452.jpg

HPIM1455.jpg

I can't decide if I like the shirt out or in......... IDK

HPIM1456.jpg

HPIM1457.jpg

And here is Caity being silly
HPIM1458.jpg

Haha! Can't wait until my trip........WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe we've started another thread already! I'll have to do better with keeping up on this one. The last thread, I was always waaaayyyy behind.

Chantell

Okay I've said it and now here's the proof. The Giselle Dress.

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Here she is doing her "Working Song" spin
IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg
Very pretty!!! However I will not attempt to CASE this dress because it looks too complicated for me. Great Job and your DD looks so happy.

th_HPIM1452.jpg
th_HPIM1455.jpg

I can't decide if I like the shirt out or in......... IDK
th_HPIM1456.jpg

th_HPIM1457.jpg
These are darling! Are they made from the HSM sheets? I love that word print! The "Diva with Capri Sun" pose is my favorite! :rotfl: I think I like the shirt best out. But, it looks cute either way. I'm considering buying some HSM pillowcases, or the sheet set to make shirts for Courtney and Casey (my brother's girls).

Did you make this!!??? If so, you did a FABULOUS job!!!!! I seriously don't know if you bought it or if you made it. Either way, it's gorgeous!

That "Happy little working song" has been going through my head all day. Thanks for re-inforcing it! :rotfl:

Wow - those are some beautiful creations out there!!

We are in the middle of moving, and I miss sewing!!!!

My new crafty space color is called Eeyore!!! Its from home depot - and I got some of the eeyore searsucker from walmart to make little valances for the windows...hopefully it will look cute!!!

Happy weekend - back to painting and packing....

Wendy:goodvibes

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Beautiful fabric on this dress- beautiful dress.... and very beautiful little girl in the dress! Good job TinaLala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter