Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by teresajoy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. love to stitch

love to stitch Mouseketeer

Your dolls and bags are wonderful.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. smittette

smittette Earning My Ears

I'm working on the Cinderella dress and can't decide which trim to use to make the contour on the bodice. I have (on the right) white with pearl beads - but it's kind of wide; (on the left) silver, sort of braided, and (second pic, on the left) plain white ribbon. :confused3
    Please ignore the fact that everything is just stuck on her (it's a good thing my model doesn't mind pins) and that her arms are on the couch behind her:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. PurpleEars

PurpleEars DIS Veteran

Funny that you say that because both of mine have been broken for quite some time. I just tape it in place! :lmao:

Thanks. The temperature was the reason why I used a turtle neck tee for my shirt!

As Diane pointed out, my machine is an older version of your machine. The spool stand came from a sewing shop for $5. I am sure any spool stand will do.

Hopefully you can get the bigger spool to work on your machine. My machine has served me well, though the automatic needle threader is broken at this point. One of these days I may open it up and try to fix it (since I can't make it worse anyway!)

I'd vote for the silver trim.

5. sewdisney

sewdisney Mouseketeer

I vote for the silver one! (Although everyone would look nice!)

6. mommy2AbIzEli

mommy2AbIzEli Earning My Ears

I like the silver one as well!! :)

7. ashleyasiegel

ashleyasiegel Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ashley and I am new to the sewing world :) I just took my first class tonight and made a pillowcase style dress for my 5 year old. It came together pretty good only a couple of spots that are only noticeable if you are really looking at the dress upclose.

Anyways can anyone recommend a pattern for another simple style summer dress? Every pattern that I seem to pick up seems to require a zipper and I am not brave enough to tackle that yet. My daughter would like a dress that she can twirl in a little bit unlike the pillowcase style dress I made tonight which is pretty straight.

Thanks for any help you can give a newbie :)

Ashley

8. PrincessMickey

PrincessMickey Mouseketeer

That is definately one nice thing about the winters is it doesn't stay cold for long.

What a great idea! You can change them to whatever the occasion!!

Everything is really coming together and looks great!!!

Everything looks great. Love the bags, that reminds me, I wanted to make a tote bag for DS's teachers for the end of the year. DS pointed out to me today they have 18 days of school left :eek:

Love the shirt and the bag too. I need to look into those, they look like they come out great and make great gifts!!

Love looking at all the old pictures and love that fabric. I'll have to dig some of mine up too!

Love all your bags but my favorite is the black and white damask with pink!! I accidently deleted it though

That's good to know, I have some flannel that I've been meaning to make. And love the new dress for Dorrrine!!

I like the silver trim too!!

Welcome! I don't make dresses but I know a highly recommended dress would be the simply sweet by Carla C at you can make this .com All of her patterns are patterns and sewing lessons all in one, they are easy and look great!!

9. dianemom2

dianemom2 DIS Veteran

I liked all of them but the silver was my favorite.

Hi Ashley! Welcome to the group! I would strongly second the recommendation for the Simply Sweet dress by Carla C on YCMT. It is more than a sewing pattern. It is more like a complete tutorial. You will learn a ton as you make the dress. It is a PDF pattern so it will seem expensive but you can re-use it over and over and over again unlike paper patterns. I have probably made the Simply Sweet dress about 100 times and you can change it so that it looks different every time. Another good choice would be Carla C's patchwork twirl skirt. It is very full and twirly.

10. Piper

Piper DIS Veteran

The Simply Sweet (Carla C) on You Can Make This is great for beginners. It is very versatile and comes in multiple sizes when you buy one pattern. The tutorial you get with it is great and you will be able to use it for years!

11. ceemys

ceemys DIS Veteran

Very cute! I like the skinner trim on the top picture the best.

12. sewdisney

sewdisney Mouseketeer

I also recommend the Simply Sweet dress from YCMT (You Can Make This). Her patterns are GREAT for beginners.

Good Luck and welcome to the sewing world!

13. goteamwood

goteamwood DIS Veteran

I grabbed your quote to recommend the simply sweet too. I've only made a half dozen or so but every single time my friend asks what pattern because its so versatile she can't believe it's the same one. I have also made Carla C portrait peasant and that went together really easily too. That one had elastic though no zippers. :) I agree it's like a sewing lesson. I made my first dress last August (2 identical for twin friends 3rd birthday) and it was very easy and confidence building.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

14. PrincessKati

PrincessKati Earning My Ears

Hi DISboutiquers!

I was encouraged to share the pink Cinderella dress the mice made that my daughter will be wearing to Disney this weekend! What's cute is she actually thinks Cinderella's mice & the birds made her dress :blush:

I also wanted to suggest I thought it would be a good idea to start a picture thread for what everyone's kids wore on their Disney trip(s). Whether it be a princess dress, pirate costume or a homemade Disney inspired dress. What does everyone think???

Anyway, here is her Cinderella dress:
    [​IMG]

15. DSNY4ever

DSNY4ever <font color=darkorchid>I am going to keep hunting

Every once in a while I peek on this thread and oh and ah...wow PrincesKati!!! That is just beautiful! Your daughter looks darling. Have a wonderful trip.

16. PrincessKati

Thank you so much!!!

17. goteamwood

goteamwood DIS Veteran

Adorable. And that's so sweet your daughter thinks the mice made it! My boys still call their Cars bowling shirts I made for our arrival at Art of Animation "the shirts lightning McQueen gave us at Disney world"

Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

18. DisneyMom5

DisneyMom5 DIS Veteran

I second anything designed by Carla C, but I have made so many of those Portrait Peasant dresses, both for my girls and for Am. Girl dolls...LOVE IT.

I THINK there might be a combo pack of the Port. Peasant, Simply Sweet, and the Bowling Shirt.

19. RMAMom

RMAMom DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies (and Tom, if your still here)

I was certain that I had seen a full body applique of the Step-Mother and sisters from Cinderella. I have looked everywhere with no luck. Does anyone know who has them? ( I can't use the cuties version)

Thanks so much for your help.

20. Shea&Van

Shea&Van &Waves

PrincessKati - that outfit is adorable!!! Stunning!

I'm a longtime lurker, wanna be crafter...I'm trying.

Quick question to all you vets...can you recommend a fabric glue. My kids have outfits (made by Etsy) and I have some extra fabric. I'm going to cut out mickey heads and put them on plain t-shirts. We don't have a sewing machine and I'm trying to figure out how to affix these heads to a plain t-shirt. Will likely only wear them on our trip, so I just need something to get me through a few wears at the park.

Thanks for any input you may be able to share.

Happy planning (and crafting) y'all!!

21. PrincessKati

How cute!!! & thank you! :)