Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I cant believe I found this post I have an addiction to my sewing machine, I seriously need a 12 step program. I leave fr Disneyworld in 24 days and I still have two womens shirts, 2 mens shirts, 3 5 year old girl dresses, 3 4 year old booy shirts and 3 2 year old girl dresses to complete as well as finish a Prince Charming coat and make the pants. I am also in need of 2 more days of outfits which sadly might become iron on transfers. I also need to make the hair bows to go along with all of this, I can do it right? I love seeing what everyone else is doing it give me inspiration. Happy Sewing ladies

Welcome! Of course you can get all that done!!:faint: Seriously, that's a lot of work, but if you love it so much, it doesn't seem like work at all. My hang up is the cutting out part. Once that's done, the sewing is such fun! Good luck and don't forget to post pictures of all your creations.:goodvibes

First time I'm doing a split stay. My senior son is joining me for the first three nights, so I splurged and we're staying at the Polynesian. Then I move to Pop where my kind belongs, for four nights.

This just cracked me up!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

3. My son's girlfriend is from Avon Lake which they tell me is somehwere in the greater Cleveland area.

I've heard of Avon Lake, but I'm not all that familiar with Cleveland. I go to the baseball stadium and Playhouse Square and that's about it. I really need to get out more!

Speaking of RI -- we had two offers on our house this weekend :) I may get to go etsy shopping for some new knits soon!!!!!!!

Yay!!! So glad for you! Hope there's a deal coming soon! Keep us posted.:thumbsup2

went from a million posts in two days to dead quiet. What happened ? Are we all busy sewing ? I know I've been busy packing and getting my house ready for pictures to sell.

What a lot of work to get a house ready to sell! Hope it sells quickly. I've been away for four days visiting family. How did the grandparents like the dress? And the little birthday princess? I'm sure they were thrilled!

I haven’t posted in forever so got carried away with this post, but I know you’ll humor me.

I love string backpacks. I don’t like to carry a purse on vacation, so I shove my wallet in my front pocket and put everything else in the backpack. I go to Disney in February and have had a couple of very rainy and very cold visits and the backpack is perfect for carrying a sweatshirt, poncho (always a poncho, no matter what the weatherman guesses the weather might be) and a few other things if need be. I have a pullover windbreaker, so sometimes by the end of the evening if I’m wearing the sweatshirt, I can fold up the backpack and put in in the front “kangaroo pouch” of the windbreaker. I like to travel light.

Since I tend to blend in with all of the other distinguished looking women at Disney World, I thought I’d make it easier for you to spot me. Here’s my latest backpack.

th_6471f6a8-6f18-428e-9188-4e9f3e0ba293_zps003ad73c.jpg

Now you’ll be able to spot me if you see me at Disney. Look near any of the snack carts.

:upsidedow

Love, love, love that backpack!! What great ideas for everything! The fabric is such fun too. Have a great trip! I know I said that before, but it does bear repeating. I'm quoting the aforementioned post of course!;)

I havent posted in forever so got carried away with this post, but I know youll humor me.

I love string backpacks. I dont like to carry a purse on vacation, so I shove my wallet in my front pocket and put everything else in the backpack. I go to Disney in February and have had a couple of very rainy and very cold visits and the backpack is perfect for carrying a sweatshirt, poncho (always a poncho, no matter what the weatherman guesses the weather might be) and a few other things if need be. I have a pullover windbreaker, so sometimes by the end of the evening if Im wearing the sweatshirt, I can fold up the backpack and put in in the front kangaroo pouch of the windbreaker. I like to travel light.

Since I tend to blend in with all of the other distinguished looking women at Disney World, I thought Id make it easier for you to spot me. Heres my latest backpack.

6471f6a8-6f18-428e-9188-4e9f3e0ba293_zps003ad73c.jpg

Hanging from one side is hand sanitizer

ff995d6f-61ad-4702-9359-babb3467e52a_zps92e99286.jpg

And from the other is a place holder which Im planning to replace with a fun key chain.

69f6bfd8-509a-437f-9d70-7b7ba0f92df6_zpsdf6f1b85.jpg

2bcbc041-4fda-4d70-91fc-f332d91569e8_zpsfae56f29.jpg

I also made a cover for a notepad. My son will be with me for half of the trip, but since I usually go solo its nice to have something to do at dinner, so I write down thoughts about the day . . .

8f34a936-602c-4746-9728-f32c6f2f2626_zps41f76425.jpg

I put smaller things in a zippered pencil case, although it occurred to me I should probably make one, but its cheaper to buy one than to buy the zipper to make one!

7807c9e1-0a4e-44ea-b829-52a4f5b21555_zpsdf029197.jpg

I made tissue covers for the childrens sermon at church a few weeks ago so made myself one, too. I also made a cover for my first aid kit.

356d84c6-c8b9-4248-998a-348f8b2472ab_zps24ae6922.jpg
b533082b-6fc6-4b22-8719-87ef20847302_zps61842622.jpg

Cozy in the front pocket.

1ba39df8-e65a-407d-ae48-5200240c7645_zps5b8def74.jpg

I made myself a new wallet this year. Last year I designed it especially for my trip, and other than the pocket that I made for the room safe key (whoops) it was exactly what I wanted. I ended up using the pocket for my pills each day, so I kept it in this years wallet.

A tri-fold wallet so it fits in my front pocket.

8c9dd608-e68b-4cda-aaf9-2e2b6674deb7_zps35a21713.jpg

With a little coin pocket

c8a5549a-138c-44c3-8847-ca177cfef643_zps737b3cf5.jpg

Inside pockets for license, insurance car, credit card, rewards card, and center pocket for room key.

9e9bb4e2-ee19-4883-8cfa-ca53ff21271a_zpsd2ecb4b8.jpg

Aforementioned inside pocket (gotta start using aforementioned more, thats a good word!)

:badpc: Photobucket's driving me crazy trying to make photos smaller. As I KNOW you'll want to see the aforementioned inside pocket, I'll try to add it later, but I've already spent waaaaaay tooooooo muuuuuuuch tiiiiiiiiiime on this post so gotta go for now. :wave2:

And a secret pocket. I keep a few large bills in there AND I always keep some ones, too. Shhh, its a secret.

accd81a4-6068-461f-b44f-3d66189c12c9_zps4e19c258.jpg

Now youll be able to spot me if you see me at Disney. Look near any of the snack carts.

:worship::worship::worship: That is totally AMAZING!!! I love it!!! So jealous!

Andrea - my fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!

I haven’t posted in forever so got carried away with this post, but I know you’ll humor me.

I love string backpacks. I don’t like to carry a purse on vacation, so I shove my wallet in my front pocket and put everything else in the backpack. I go to Disney in February and have had a couple of very rainy and very cold visits and the backpack is perfect for carrying a sweatshirt, poncho (always a poncho, no matter what the weatherman guesses the weather might be) and a few other things if need be. I have a pullover windbreaker, so sometimes by the end of the evening if I’m wearing the sweatshirt, I can fold up the backpack and put in in the front “kangaroo pouch” of the windbreaker. I like to travel light.

Since I tend to blend in with all of the other distinguished looking women at Disney World, I thought I’d make it easier for you to spot me. Here’s my latest backpack.

Now you’ll be able to spot me if you see me at Disney. Look near any of the snack carts.

I love this!!! Especially the "I'm back"!!

AboveH2O, WOW!!!!!! I love that bag, and the various accessories! Amazing!

went from a million posts in two days to dead quiet. What happened ? Are we all busy sewing ? I know I've been busy packing and getting my house ready for pictures to sell.

Trying to sell a house is so stressful. I guess I should be happy (?) that the market here is terrible and that my neighbors all bought more than they could afford so my neighborhood is littered with foreclosures so we would never be able to sell our house anyway. (sigh.) It does help purge though, so that's always good. We had a realtor come to our old house and she took TERRIBLE photos, they were all off-kilter and some were blurry, and none of them showed the rooms, more like just the furniture, so I used my super-wide lens and took my own photos, I truly think it helps to have great photos.

I have been busy busy, my mother in law got here friday for a week visit, though we are supposed to be getting an uber snowstorm so it is unclear if she will be staying longer. She has been occupying my kiddos so I can work on etsy orders and finish up a LOT of unfinished projects. I finished this quilt which I started last summer.

And I got a commission from a friend I have known since High School to make a baby quilt as a gift for a friend of hers. I love the way it is turning out, I got the whole quilt top done, now onto the tedious task of layers/quilting/trimming/binding.

I think most of the appliques came from Lynnie Pinnie, I think they turned out adorable. It's for a little girl who has an under-the-sea theme nursery.

Now back to my little sweatshop so I can get back to my projects.
Jen

That little quilted jellyfish is the cutest thing I've ever seen! (though the whole quilt is a masterpiece... lovely!)

I have been busy busy, my mother in law got here friday for a week visit, though we are supposed to be getting an uber snowstorm so it is unclear if she will be staying longer. She has been occupying my kiddos so I can work on etsy orders and finish up a LOT of unfinished projects. I finished this quilt which I started last summer.

And I got a commission from a friend I have known since High School to make a baby quilt as a gift for a friend of hers. I love the way it is turning out, I got the whole quilt top done, now onto the tedious task of layers/quilting/trimming/binding.

I think most of the appliques came from Lynnie Pinnie, I think they turned out adorable. It's for a little girl who has an under-the-sea theme nursery.

Jen

Both the quilts are adorable, but the "under the sea" one is so unique and is turning out beautifully! Can't wait to see the finished project. Do you quilt by hand or machine?

Nice to have someone to watch the kiddos so you can get things done.

Hope you don't get hit too hard with the snow storm.

Could someone please point me in the right direction. i was gong to try and sew some outfits for my DD and DS, but I had shoulder surgery Dec. 20th and complications since. Hoping that I will be able to do something before our trip in May. I am looking for SWW--minnie mouse shirt---i was going to make a circle skirt. We are eating at Park Faire and Tusker House. Looking for either sets--skirts or short---any clue where to look?

I would suggest looking at our group Photobucket account for inspirations. If you see something you like, some of us have an etsy shop in the signature or you may PM the poster.

Off to look for a remnant of wolf fabric that I bought and hid. I had to hide to hide it when I bought it b/c I didn't have time to do anything with it and didn't want dd to see it and constantly beg me to make something. Now I don't know where I hid it :confused:

I have that problem too. I saved a piece of fabric but I have no clue where it is anymore. I tried looking for it a couple of weeks ago.

Hi Ladies
I lurked here about two years ago...pulled out my sewing machine that has only been used twice (and when my mom was visiting lol) and decided I was starting to sew...The machine sat out for a few months and I never even put it on a table or took cover off so back into the closet it went lol

I had wanted to make matching out fits for our Jan 2012 trip but DH would not go along and only have a son so didnt need to make dresses...

But now I have a trip planned for June and my sister is coming instead of DH and she is on board for at least a few outfits.

My list of what I want to do keeps growing lol...

3 Lanyards (with star wars fabric)
3 Pillowcases (again star wars fabric)
2 sets adult PJs
1 set kids Pjs
1 Pool robe

and a few shirts...

My question to you ladies. I love all the embroidery and I dont have a machine so I was looking online for some and they are in the $5 range which I would prefer not to pay...especially since some of these shirts Sis and I might not wear outside of Disney. I keep seeing some of you post about doing it by hand. I searched for a tutorial but couldnt find a good one. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Welcome! You can do applique "by hand" - there is a great tutorial from page 1 of this thread.

I cant believe I found this post I have an addiction to my sewing machine, I seriously need a 12 step program. I leave fr Disneyworld in 24 days and I still have two womens shirts, 2 mens shirts, 3 5 year old girl dresses, 3 4 year old booy shirts and 3 2 year old girl dresses to complete as well as finish a Prince Charming coat and make the pants. I am also in need of 2 more days of outfits which sadly might become iron on transfers. I also need to make the hair bows to go along with all of this, I can do it right? I love seeing what everyone else is doing it give me inspiration. Happy Sewing ladies

Welcome! I am sure you will get your list done. Please share pictures of your outfits in action!

First time I'm doing a split stay. My senior son is joining me for the first three nights, so I splurged and we're staying at the Polynesian. Then I move to Pop where my kind belongs, for four nights.

And you're right, I am excited about my trip. Nine days to go.

I hope you will enjoy staying at the Polynesian. We enjoyed Pop when we stayed there, though we now prefer staying at Conorando Springs.

Is it me or is it Photobucket?

It's Photobucket and their silly new website!

I found the wolf material and cut it and even cut an underskirt -- though I'm not as thrilled with that fabric, but must use what I have on hand. I haven't sewn yet though and I don't have enough of either fabric for a waistband. Guess those things happen when using remnants! I'll figure something out. Her shirt usually covers the waistband anyway. I have been too busy working out lately to shed the weight I've gained that I haven't had as much sewing time as I'd like. Did you find it harder to lose weight when you turned 29??? It's been quite a battle for me.

Speaking of RI -- we had two offers on our house this weekend :) I may get to go etsy shopping for some new knits soon!!!!!!!

I am glad that you found the fabric. I am excited that you had 2 offers on the house on RI. I hope that will work out for you!

I havent posted in forever so got carried away with this post, but I know youll humor me.

I love string backpacks. I dont like to carry a purse on vacation, so I shove my wallet in my front pocket and put everything else in the backpack. I go to Disney in February and have had a couple of very rainy and very cold visits and the backpack is perfect for carrying a sweatshirt, poncho (always a poncho, no matter what the weatherman guesses the weather might be) and a few other things if need be. I have a pullover windbreaker, so sometimes by the end of the evening if Im wearing the sweatshirt, I can fold up the backpack and put in in the front kangaroo pouch of the windbreaker. I like to travel light.

Since I tend to blend in with all of the other distinguished looking women at Disney World, I thought Id make it easier for you to spot me. Heres my latest backpack.

th_6471f6a8-6f18-428e-9188-4e9f3e0ba293_zps003ad73c.jpg

I also made a cover for a notepad. My son will be with me for half of the trip, but since I usually go solo its nice to have something to do at dinner, so I write down thoughts about the day . . .

th_8f34a936-602c-4746-9728-f32c6f2f2626_zps41f76425.jpg

I put smaller things in a zippered pencil case, although it occurred to me I should probably make one, but its cheaper to buy one than to buy the zipper to make one!

th_7807c9e1-0a4e-44ea-b829-52a4f5b21555_zpsdf029197.jpg

I made myself a new wallet this year. Last year I designed it especially for my trip, and other than the pocket that I made for the room safe key (whoops) it was exactly what I wanted. I ended up using the pocket for my pills each day, so I kept it in this years wallet.

A tri-fold wallet so it fits in my front pocket.

th_8c9dd608-e68b-4cda-aaf9-2e2b6674deb7_zps35a21713.jpg

:badpc: Photobucket's driving me crazy trying to make photos smaller. As I KNOW you'll want to see the aforementioned inside pocket, I'll try to add it later, but I've already spent waaaaaay tooooooo muuuuuuuch tiiiiiiiiiime on this post so gotta go for now. :wave2:

Now youll be able to spot me if you see me at Disney. Look near any of the snack carts.

Great job on the bag and accessories! I hope you will have a fantastic trip!

Jen

The quilts look beautiful. I am sure your friend will love the Under the Sea quilt.

I found the wolf material and cut it and even cut an underskirt -- though I'm not as thrilled with that fabric, but must use what I have on hand.

Hooray for finding the wolf fabric! But an even bigger hooray for getting two offers on the RI house. I hope that one of them works out for you! Please keep us up to date on what's going on!

Funny how that works, isn't it???? Some days there are a bizillion posts on here and other days there are none. Getting the house ready to sell is hard work. I don't enjoy moving but I do enjoy the massive cleaning out that goes with moving. We haven't moved in 7 1/2 years and I can feel the clutter just accumulating everywhere!

Hanging from one side is hand sanitizer

ff995d6f-61ad-4702-9359-babb3467e52a_zps92e99286.jpg

And from the other is a “place holder” which I’m planning to replace with a fun key chain.

69f6bfd8-509a-437f-9d70-7b7ba0f92df6_zpsdf6f1b85.jpg

2bcbc041-4fda-4d70-91fc-f332d91569e8_zpsfae56f29.jpg
I love all the stuff you made. The crazy quilt design on the backpack is just awesome!!! I love it! It must have been fun to put together. And I adore the little place holder that says I'm Back! And the hand sanitizer is a must at any theme park. It seems like you thought of everything. Your tissue case, first aide kit and wallet are wonderful. You are going to look terrific! I wish I was going to be there so I could check all the food carts to see what you are snacking on!

Both. I was wanting to make a star wars circle skirt with a tank with minnie leia on it, then I wanted a circle skirt---with princess colors for my friend to applique and make a shirt to go with it--this would be for Park Fare. I needed something for Tusker and Toy Story.

Have you looked on Etsy for somebody who will make something for you? That seems like the best place to start. There are also some place on FB to look.

Your owl quilt is beautiful. And I just love the under the sea themed quilt. It is so cute how you put the little girl's name on the mermaid square. I love the jellyfish in the middle. The color scheme is so different than what you usually see for a little girl.

What a lot of work to get a house ready to sell! Hope it sells quickly. I've been away for four days visiting family. How did the grandparents like the dress? And the little birthday princess? I'm sure they were thrilled!

Grandfather kind of poo-pooed the dress. He said he was thinking of something more simple. he didn't look happy at all. So much so that I went out and bought a pattern that resembled my dresses from the contest and some more fabric to make a new dress. When I called to offer that to him he let me know that he gave the dress to his grand-daughter Friday night.

He told me that she only had one word for it..... EXCELLENT ! She put it on and twirled around in it for 2 hours and refused to take it off. Of course Mom was happy. He was really surprised that she liked it. he said he didn't know little girls like princess things so much. It fit her perfectly with a little room to grow. He also told me that he will find a time to bring her over in it so I can see her in it.

I was JUST thinking about you and the house this morning. I so hope and pray you are able to secure a deal!

This is completely adorable! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Jen

Beautiful work!

Grandfather kind of poo-pooed the dress. He said he was thinking of something more simple. he didn't look happy at all. So much so that I went out and bought a pattern that resembled my dresses from the contest and some more fabric to make a new dress. When I called to offer that to him he let me know that he gave the dress to his grand-daughter Friday night.

He told me that she only had one word for it..... EXCELLENT ! She put it on and twirled around in it for 2 hours and refused to take it off. Of course Mom was happy. He was really surprised that she liked it. he said he didn't know little girls like princess things so much. It fit her perfectly with a little room to grow. He also told me that he will find a time to bring her over in it so I can see her in it.

Too funny that a man didn't get it. I'm glad he gave it to he anyway and it sounds like she was thrilled!

Regards,
C.

Both the quilts are adorable, but the "under the sea" one is so unique and is turning out beautifully! Can't wait to see the finished project. Do you quilt by hand or machine?

Nice to have someone to watch the kiddos so you can get things done.

Hope you don't get hit too hard with the snow storm.

I do the quilting with the machine. It's just a regular old home sewing machine so baby quilts are OK but anything much bigger can be a struggle. I am going to make twin-sized quilts for my boys someday and will outsource those to be quilted I think.

Your owl quilt is beautiful. And I just love the under the sea themed quilt. It is so cute how you put the little girl's name on the mermaid square. I love the jellyfish in the middle. The color scheme is so different than what you usually see for a little girl.
My friend said they are decorating her room in blues and light greens, not typically girly, but I think it will be adorable. I love that it's not typical, and the jellyfish is really a very cute applique. I actually got that one from dailyembroidery.com, I signed up for their monthly unlimted ($15 I think.) and got about 300 misc designs. Some very cute ones and lots of fonts. Canceled before the month was out, I don't need to be paying $15/month.

Before I got to the second paragraph I was so sad, I am so glad the little girl loved it. It was just gorgeous and a perfect princess dress.

Hi everyone!!

Wow! Just wow! You all do such beautiful work! That backpack and accessories is to-die-for. And the quilts are just lovely.

I have 2 weeks until we head to DLR, but I'm out of town working at a quilt show, so I can't get started on my girl's dresses yet. But, I did get the fabric. I'm excited to get started!

image_zpse7b93dae.jpg

I am far behind but I think I got all the quotes.

Just wanted to say "Welcome" to all the new folks.

I am doing a second post because I have a bunch of pictures to include and I didn't want to exceed the maximum.

First up are a few t-shirts that I made for DH. They will be for our trip this summer.
th_P2110047_zps9914ed11.jpg

Then here are some shorts outfits that I made for my nephews.
th_P2110050_zpscf8fbfc2.jpg

th_P2110057_zps6b9dd328.jpg

Then here are two dresses that I made for the launch last week.
With the pinafore on:
th_P1290025.jpg
The shirts for DH are perfect. You have the luckiest nice and nephews. The shorts are adorable but I can't pick a favorite. Love all the plaid fabrics and the nautical theme.

Thanks everyone for the advise on my Ellegante machine. It was all very helpful! I will be talking to the owner of the store today and see what she can do. It says on my bill of sale Ellegante 2, so that's what I want. DH was impressed with the owner (who sold me the machine in the first place) and seems positive she will want to make me happy. I'll keep you posted.

Hope everyone has a great day! And again, thanks for responding to my desperate plea!!
Great news about your machine. You wouldn't want to feel less then GREAT about such a huge purchase. Sounds like you will be busy babysitting and enjoying your grandkid so we will patiently wait for your next creations.

Phone post! My first Grace dress, AKL themed.

Front:
th_5501BCBD_zps4bfb709c.jpg
Minnie can be removed if DD wants this for non Disney too, she loves the fabrics!
so cute, great idea to make the Minnie removable

And a Tink Rosetta I just finished for a Bog Give (being stuck inside with three feet of blizzard snow has advantages!)

Bag
th_0BCB8DFA_zps689108ad.jpg
This is so nice. How sweet to make that for a give. Hope you are dug out from the blizzard.

I posted a few weeks ago looking for a Mulan pattern. I ordered the Modkids pattern off an etsy seller, and it never arrived:sad1:, I made do though, and made her some pj pants and a t-shirt to go with it instead. It doesn't resemble the movie at all, but it she loved the softness of the fabric, so I went with it (not to mention it was a rememnt at Joanns!)

Here are the pj's I have made so far for our movie nights:
Wendy
th_E8E41259-4959-4800-9CE7-849569831626-5757-000004A592B56F46_zps68df3a10.jpg

Aristocats:
th_D0DDE98C-D5A9-4C9B-8D32-E1CC6CB81772-5757-000004A45B9E622E_zpsc9d43b8b.jpg

Mulan:
th_20249527-EB39-480C-AE9A-29FA37843600-5757-000004A43A0FC3C6_zps85cb0b78.jpg

Sorry the pictures are such poor quality. I usually take my daughters picture outside, but our weather hasn't been that good for that here lately.
I have noticed that many of the pictures shown are not on models. Is that for privacy or that the little ones are not there when you want to take a picture?

I love reading and seeing what everyone has been working on. Right now I am trying to finish an Annie dress for my daughter. I am using a Carla C pattern and I do think it is going to look cute. The piping though is going to be the death of me!
Oh, these are so sweet. The Wendy PJs are lovely. Your DD is adorable. I usually sew for my nieces who live in NC so I don't have live models. It also makes it hard to sew for them but my brother and sister have their own measuring tape. Unfortunately they always seem to mess up something when measuring.

Speaking of my kids, I whipped these shirts up this morning for my boys' first day of preschool. We weren't going to put them in preschool but found this program too good to pass up. It's at the local high school as part of their child-development class, the high school students "teach" with a facilitator who is their teacher. Each kid gets paired with 1-2 HS students, and I get 3 hours a week kid-free. And the cost is like $6/week for BOTH kids. I can't take credit for this idea, I stole it from pinterest, but the shirts are adult sized, and I plan to take a photo of them for the first day of school every year, and my husband had the idea to have their teachers sign them the last day of school. Of course now I have two shirts I need to keep track of for the next 15 years!

(and yes my son has a black eye on his first day of school. See aforementioned: twin boy.)
LOVE these shirts. What a great idea.

Figured I would share a couple of the dresses that I made recently.

First an upcycle with a shirt I got at the Disney Store in Rome.

IMG_8922 by tricialee22, on Flickr

And a Goofy in Epcot dress that is full of hand applique.

Front.

front levels crop by tricialee22, on Flickr
Love the upcycle but that Epcot dress is AMAZING. The appliques are wonderful and the fabrics are beautiful.

I lied cuz I still had to finish off the seams and finish putting the zipper in. I really wanted to fit it to her before I sewed the bodice lining in and told him so. He said he would try to get her here today but that didn't work out. We decided that I would sew the lining in and she should have room to grow in it. I got started on sewing it in today and attached the bottom of the bodice lining to the bottom edge of the skirt seam. I got more than halfway done and realized I only had about 2 inches of bodice left but 7 inches of skirt seam. UGH !! I had to rip out over an hours work of hand sewing. I put it over my lamp and pinned and sewed for almost 2 hours making sure it went just right. The very top of the skirt seam to the very bottom of the bodice seam.

I really hope she likes it ! I would like to share and sorry about the photo overload. I will not be making the pattern again for a very long time if ever no matter how cute the end result was. I don't like how the eye hook went in above the zipper either and my invisible zipper is not so invisible. Plus, I put the skirt liner on inside out because I put the tulle on the wrong side.
Lost the picture but this dress is so pretty. So funny that grandpa didn't care for the dress too much but his granddaughter did. I guess that is the reason why you don't see grandpas shopping for their grandkids too often. Glad she liked it.

I know that it is not Disney, but I did finish the Annie dress for our Broadway Show this weekend. DD is so excited!
I think I might use the same pattern to make an Alice dress for our upcoming trip to Disneyland.

I used the Carla C Precious Dress pattern. I know alot of people use and like her patterns, and I love that I can print them out right away, and that they are so easy to follow, but I often find them big (especially the easy fit pants). Do you think I might be printing them off scale somehow? My daughter is just shy of 5 and pretty true to size, a bit small, but not super tiny. She measured in the 3 range mostly, so I made a 4 so the arms wouldn't be too tiny, but I honestly think I could have made the 3 and been more than fine. With the easy fit pants, I have to make her a two and then adjust it so it is not as baggy. Am I doing something wrong?

th_1a07c90a-8a7a-4b12-ad0c-a23ece468fbc_zps219970a6.jpg
This is a perfect Annie dress. Your DD is so cute and I love the tap shoes. I always go with the measurements for Carla's patterns. She makes it easy to customize the clothes. I usually just make the easy-fits for PJ pants and usually make the next size down if it is for a skinny child since I can customize the length.

But here is my outfit from the same launch as Diane and Tricia. I was pretty excited it sold so quickly.
So cute, I love the colors. Might have to put a Chip and Dale outfit on our list for our next trip. They are always so much fun and they LOVE my mom. LOL

Welcome. Sounds like you will be busy. Hope you get a chance to post some pictures.

Hmm, Cheryl I lost the quote with your backpack and accessories. Love the patchwork bag and the zipper pocket in the front. Your little accessories are awesome. Was the sanitizer holder an ITH project? Great little wallet with hidden money compartment. The customized key chain is so cute. Hmmm, no matching pill holder? You are slacking. ;) I hope you have a great trip. Enjoy the poly and the visit with your DS.

Does anyone have the measurements for making pillowcases? I signed up for them on the big give and I can't find my measurements I generally use and am too lazy to search right now.
Sorry, I am just getting to see this. I use these directions but sometimes leave out the 3rd piece of fabric. I find it forces me to iron the pillowcase after washing and I only iron during the sewing process NOT after.
http://www.conkerrcancer.org/files/hotdoginstructions.pdf

Both. I was wanting to make a star wars circle skirt with a tank with minnie leia on it, then I wanted a circle skirt---with princess colors for my friend to applique and make a shirt to go with it--this would be for Park Fare. I needed something for Tusker and Toy Story.
I see you have gotten some responses. Posters on the Disboards are not allowed to sell items but if you look in some people's signatures they have links to their etsy or facebook shops. Lots of folks make strip skirts with different animal print fabrics for AK.

Trying to sell a house is so stressful. I guess I should be happy (?) that the market here is terrible and that my neighbors all bought more than they could afford so my neighborhood is littered with foreclosures so we would never be able to sell our house anyway. (sigh.) It does help purge though, so that's always good. We had a realtor come to our old house and she took TERRIBLE photos, they were all off-kilter and some were blurry, and none of them showed the rooms, more like just the furniture, so I used my super-wide lens and took my own photos, I truly think it helps to have great photos.

Jen
Seems your full time babysitter is great for your sewing! The owl quilt is so pretty and so is the blue one. Weird that the realtor didn't take good pictures. I think without good pictures you don't get the people to actually come to your house to look at it. Good luck cleaning, hope your house sells quick.

Andrea - great news about getting two offers. Hopefully there will be a bidding war and the house will sell quickly.

Hi everyone!!

Wow! Just wow! You all do such beautiful work! That backpack and accessories is to-die-for. And the quilts are just lovely.

I have 2 weeks until we head to DLR, but I'm out of town working at a quilt show, so I can't get started on my girl's dresses yet. But, I did get the fabric. I'm excited to get started!

th_image_zpse7b93dae.jpg
Can't wait to see what you make....so many pretty fabrics.

Since the kiddos have already received their outfits, I figured I would share here. I made these for the Star Wars week Big Give, the wish kid is 7, and has twin sisters who are 4. The dresses are simply sweet animal-kingdom inspired, then I made star-wars-mickey-head shirts for all 3 kids, including one pink one purple for the girls. I made shorts to go with his, they are easy-fits with bargo pockets, I think they turned out really cute. I love being able to contribute to these gives, I am so glad I found this group and you have all been so welcoming and inspirational.

Jen

Seriously? What did he think a "party" dress looked like??? So glad the little birthday girl and her Mom loved it. It was absolutely beautiful!!

Hi everyone!!

th_image_zpse7b93dae.jpg

Ooooh lots of great fabric!! Hope you can get it all completed.:thumbsup2

Since the kiddos have already received their outfits, I figured I would share here. I made these for the Star Wars week Big Give, the wish kid is 7, and has twin sisters who are 4. The dresses are simply sweet animal-kingdom inspired, then I made star-wars-mickey-head shirts for all 3 kids, including one pink one purple for the girls. I made shorts to go with his, they are easy-fits with bargo pockets, I think they turned out really cute. I love being able to contribute to these gives, I am so glad I found this group and you have all been so welcoming and inspirational.

Jen

Those are amazing dresses! The twins will flip out over them! And I love your use of that star wars fabric for the appliqué and the cargo pockets. I'm sure they all loved their items. It's so nice that you love being part of the big gives. I'm glad for them as well. My kids and grandkids are all healthy with no issues and my heart just goes out to the families with challenges. It's so nice to have an outlet where we can send a little love their way.::yes::

How fun to do a split stay. We stayed at the Polynesian once. I don't think we took full advantage of everything there though. I was silly and didn't really plan a day to just spend at the resort. Of course, it was winter and cold while we were there so it was probably ok.

I've read so much about split stays I'll be curious to see if I think it was worth it in the end. I know what you mean about wanting to spend some time at the Polynesian after spending all the money to stay there. I think that's why I usually end up at a value resort, because I need only the bed (and maybe a shower if I'm there more than a week :rotfl2: ).

How awesome... I have never stayed at the Polynesian but would love to someday:goodvibes

Glad you still have some left. I keep looking for some at Joanns

I keep looking at Southwest's website. Since they don't have change fees I'm tempted to go a day early just to hang out at the resort.

So cool that your ds is able to accompany you! The family must be worried about you going solo without an escort :rotfl2: -- kind of like the time where we flew my MIL out here and had to sign for her.

I wonder how much I'd have to pay someone to sign for me. Most of my spare money is designated for Mickey head ice creams and Grey Goose slushies.

Hair color does wonders for the gray -- it will make you look 29 years old (which happens to be my age :) ).

I don't want to look toooooo young. I need that 10% discount at the day old bread store on senior day.

We had chipmunks all over in RI. Brer Fox might be doing you a favor b/c those cute little chipmunks kept eating the plastic away on my bird feeders to make the food spill all over the place.

:sad1:

:banana::banana::banana:

Chances are it's you, but I'll be kind and blame it on Photobucket this time.

Sometimes it's hard to tell over the internet, but I could tell that you were kidding, and know there's NO chance it could be me. :angel:

ATTN CHERYL

The pillow cover I made fit but Judy said that I told her it was made from the old flannel. She did not say if it had enough give to it or not.

My name in lights :cool2::cool2::cool2:

It might have been me. I've been know to kill threads.

So happy that the dress turned out just right! I was so worried at the beginning of your post!:cool1:

My friend said they are decorating her room in blues and light greens, not typically girly, but I think it will be adorable. I love that it's not typical, and the jellyfish is really a very cute applique. I actually got that one from dailyembroidery.com, I signed up for their monthly unlimted ($15 I think.) and got about 300 misc designs. Some very cute ones and lots of fonts. Canceled before the month was out, I don't need to be paying $15/month.
I've never heard of that site. But I definitely am too cheap to spend $15 per month on designs. :rotfl:

Hi everyone!!

image_zpse7b93dae.jpg
Make sure you come back and post some pictures of what you make with all that pretty fabric!!

I love all the stuff that you sent. But I have to admit that the Mickey dresses are my favorites. I'm not a huge SW fan though so I guess I'm biased.

I've read so much about split stays I'll be curious to see if I think it was worth it in the end. I know what you mean about wanting to spend some time at the Polynesian after spending all the money to stay there. I think that's why I usually end up at a value resort, because I need only the bed (and maybe a shower if I'm there more than a week :rotfl2: ).
This will be our first time staying at a value resort when we go in June. I'm curious about whether we will enjoy it or not. Since we are going in the summer (HOT!!!!) I am pretty sure we will need a shower at least one time while we are there!

Here is a dress that I finished up today:
P2200064_zps9c72d329.jpg

P2200065_zps01119021.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter