DisBoard Newbie

HeiDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm not a newbie to WDW. Just a newbie to DisBoard posting. I've been lurking and reading for YEARS!!! I grew up in Florida. My first trip was December 1971. My brother would read the newspapers every week to update us on Walt's new project in Orlando. We were so excited and dreamed of going. As a surprise Christmas gift, my Dad made reservations at Ft. Wilderness Campground. We were over the moon with excitement. I remember riding the boat from the campground to the Magic Kingdom the first time. I had to stand on my tiptoes to see over the side of the boat. "Daddy, does Cinderella really live there?" As I grew older, my parents would take us to WDW many times. Sometimes I would go with my High School band.

Then, I had children of my own. It wasn't until my DS was 11 and my DD 6, that I was able to make their dreams come true. Just like Mom, they were hooked. I would take them almost every year. Now they are adults and we still go.

Now my DS is in the Navy, a few years back he had just returned from deployment and was not married yet. He planned a trip home and I asked him if he wanted to take a vacation, I'd take him to Vegas, Reno, anywhere he would like to go. He made my heart melt when he told me "Mom, I just want to go to Disney World. I want to forget about stuff for a while and be happy." So, we went, just the two of us. To the Happiest Place on Earth.

My DD's obsession with Disney even surpasses my own. I recently bequeathed my entire Disney Collection (and it was ridiculously huge) to her. You would think I gave her the Crown Jewels. I love that what my Dad started just continues on in her.

I took my DH (newly remarried) in 2011. I knew we had him hooked when he started crying at WISHES. HE GETS IT! He wanted to see it over and over and cried every time.

We will be going in October. We had planned for everyone to go including my DS, his wife and my granddaughter. However, the military has other plans for my son right now. They will be missed but DD is having a blast planning for her BF and his parents. I have created a Disney Planner Extraordinaire. We are taking DH parents for their first ever visit too. It's an all adult trip and we are looking forward to spending time together. I hope we create a whole new group of Disney Fans.

So, happy to join and I plan to stop lurking and start joining in on the Online Disney Magic.

:welcome:! What an awesome Disney family you have!
Enjoy your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter