Disaster.....!!!!!!!!

Wellard Stallard

Groovy DIS Chick with Attitude
I just knew this was going to happen - what was a group of 12 of us going to Florida in October for 3 wks is now down to 7 - The first 3 dropped out due to personal family problems - the other 2 let us down gently yesterday again with family problems. We now have to fork out more money for our villa (although we have been promised the share of the villa money from some of them!!) It so annoys me why people cannot commit to things like this. We have bought most of the passes up front - what a waste. Anyway sorry to moan its been a bit upsetting - the rest of us are still definitely going and are going to have the best time eva!! Does anyone know (and I hope I'm okay to ask this?) we ordered some 10 day world passes which are not being sent to us until about 10 days b4 we go - I have paid in full for them - do you think we would get a refund or part refund at all. Can anyone help please...

Many thanks

Paula,

I think it depends who you have bought the passes from - when I queried why I had to wait so long for the passes, I was told that it was because once they had been issued, they couldn't be refunded, which seems to suggest that if they haven't been issued yet, you should be ok.

I sure hope so

Bev

Paula - can't really help with an answer, just wanted to say sorry your plans are being blitzed. However, my view is if you don't ask, you don't get, so certainly try.

At least you're still going . . . .:)

Thanks Annie and Bev

I actually got the tickets from the Flightshop so maybe I will give them a call and see what they say. I myself am not out of pocket its those that have dropped out that won't get it back. Anyway its their loss I still can't wait and I will enjoy every second of it.

Thanks again

I ordered my 10 day passes from the Flight shop too, and I remember seeing something on their web-site along the lines of "...make sure you are insured...lost passes may be covered by insurance..."

I'm only guessing here, but that sounds to me as though the Flightshop may not be able to refund the cost of the passes if theye are cancelled, but if your friends have holiday insurance they may be able to claim on that.

Sorry to hear that your plans are being changed through no fault of your own :( I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time, anyway :D

Oh Paula, I'm sorry to hear that you've been let down. Do tell us what the Flightshop say about the passes - if they will not refund, perhaps the people you bought them for could try to resell them?
Can you not change to a smaller villa without penalty as you are still way in advance of your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter