Disappointed

I hope things like this don't stop people from lending an ear when someone seeks support. :sad1: When my mum was dying, I found a lot of comfort here. Life got so overwhelming, and it helped...

I do hope there was solid evidence of not being truthful. I would hate to think of someone being accused when they weren't lying.

Anyway, I'm putting up the tree this weekend! It's a bit hard to get into the Christmas spirit here. It's the middle of summer here in Australia, and I'm used to my white Canadian holidays. But, that said, I am so grateful for the experience of being here, even if Christmas feels odd! :)
When we were putting up our decorations, it was in the 80's here. My husband and I joked that we were pretending that we lived in Australia and that this was just normal... and that we needed to buy a Prius:lmao:

As far as the thread goes, I questioned it at first, but when she kept it up, I really started to feel sorry for her and assumed it must be true. I mean, what kind of pathetic loser goes to that kind of extreme on the internet?:confused3

I posted once but wasn't emotionally invested in her story. I did believe her story right up UNTIL she posted about her new arrival. She wrote his weight and height and then said something along the lines of... "I don't know what else to say about him," and I knew then, FAKE.

I could have written this! I posted in the very beginning but the more I read the more I thought hmmmmmm.........:scratchin Makes you wonder what makes a person do that! Oh well!

I'm guessing that the OP's IP address matched another one in use, and that the "stories" being told were wildly different (such as different number of kids, etc).

Sad that people have so little going on in their lives that they feel the need to create a whole new story. I must admit that it seemed a little "off" to me, but hey, I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. I certainly wasn't lining up to send her money or gifts or anything like that, so it cost me nothing. Emotional support, which is all I would ever offer to a stranger, is something I will extend, even if I am wrong.

The thing that seemed most ridiculous to me was the way her "DH" was acting. No one is quite that self-absorbed. The "text" that allegedly said "he's cute...congrats" in particular was more than off.

I'll admit it, I totally bought it. My normal cynical nature must have been on vacation. So yeah, call me a sucker. :headache:

Crap like that really makes me think twice about offering support to anyone.

I had serious doubts from the beginning, and became completely sure it was fake when she said the girl's mother was going to visit the guy. I'm sure if the story had continued, next the mother and the guy would have ended up in a relationship. I wonder if the mods stepped in when they did because it became apparent that people were actually sending her money or gifts.

I am no where near ready for Christmas. My tree is up but I haven't put one ornament on it yet. I think we are doing that tonight. I've done some Christmas shopping but not much and I haven't wrapped anything. Maybe it's because it has been in the 70s here this week, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me at all. I'm hoping I will start feeling more Christmassy need week when it is colder and the tree is decorated.

Oh well C'est La Vie!:rotfl:It was a great story. Very well crafted and believed.

Yup.

And I can't help myself but to wonder if we'll see a book one day titled "7 Months Pregnant..." and either OP was testing the story or just had a writers block and you all just helped with some writing ideas... :scratchin

Yup.

And I can't help myself but to wonder if we'll see a book one day titled "7 Months Pregnant..." and either OP was testing the story or just had a writers block and you all just helped with some writing ideas... :scratchin

Hm...that kind of reminds me of the time on Diaper Sewing Divas where a poster was on the site undercover for months asking questions, posting, using the Divas as free testers and taking free tutorials etc then publishing the Babyville book and releasing the line in sewing stores. Caused such a mess that Bernita shutdown the site DSD :( and started another. Sigh.

Yup.

Well, we can save our money... we already know how it ends.

I steered clear of that thread. I didn't really know if it was true or not but it seemed like way too much for someone that new. I don't know, it just felt weird.

As for Christmas, I could use another month to get ready.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, lol.

I have seen lots and lots of incredible things happen on the internet. I learned early on that the nice, lovely Disney poster can be a creepy old man smoking a cigar and taking on a different persona. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration there, LOL.

Dr Phil, in his new book, states that we can no longer go by the rules our parents taught us. There is no more "giving people the benefit of the doubt". Primarily because there are so many hidden agendas, so many untruthful and disturbed people in the current world.

I did buy into the story, but I had a feeling the person probably was someone else who registered a new name on the DIS. Not sure of the intent, but that is pretty clear now.

That being said, I would NEVER send money, gifts, etc to anyone I do not know in "real life". There are too many scams out there, and too many trusting people who lead with their hearts.

Since I assume this person is reading this, and probably relishing every post, I will not be feeding into this particular sickness any longer. Suffice it to say, the person(s) needs help.

Yup.

I read a bit of that thread but never posted. I always question whether the "drama" threads on here are real or not, but it doesn't bother me either way. That one was pretty well written and thought out as far as they go, and my first thought when it was revealed that it was fake was "why bother with a bunch of strangers on the internet? Just write a mediocre book and make a few bucks."
Seemed like it could have been a plot for a harlequin romance at the least. ;)

There are some posters here who I sometimes think might be "acting" out characters they've created, and I always wonder why they don't just go into community theater or something. Why squander those talents on the Dis?
I'm glad they do though...it is entertaining!

I read a bit of that thread but never posted. I always question whether the "drama" threads on here are real or not, but it doesn't bother me either way. That one was pretty well written and thought out as far as they go, and my first thought when it was revealed that it was fake was "why bother with a bunch of strangers on the internet? Just write a mediocre book and make a few bucks."
Seemed like it could have been a plot for a harlequin romance at the least. ;)

There are some posters here who I sometimes think might be "acting" out characters they've created, and I always wonder why they don't just go into community theater or something. Why squander those talents on the Dis?
I'm glad they do though...it is entertaining!

See I'm the exact opposite. I always think "why do we care". One thing I always keep in my head is that any where I post on the internet, everyone is a stranger. For the most part no one on the dis has any direct effect on my life. I don't give money to anyone, I don't have to deal with anyones drama so if some one wants to post a fictional scenerio AT MOST, I'll waste time saying a prayer (which is never a waste IMO).

I've gotten great advice from disser and great information but the end of the day I'm the one who has to act on the advice or information.

when we use to discuss politics and religion some of the posters would really get my dander up and what would happen? I'd end up with the points or on a dis board time out for letting them get me all hot and bothered.
I have my favorite posters and I have those that I use the ignore button.

There was a thread on the budget board, where folks got all upset because there evidently were some scammers over there. I couldn't understand that either. Scammers are every where, why would you think on the dis they couldn't exist. It's like people who don't think crime exist in Disneyworld.

Disappointed some one lied? hardly. this is purely entertainment value for me.

OMG, are you all talking about the girl that had Henry in Canada?
In my 13 years of being on these boards, I never post on those threads but I did on that one. I think I even spoke to my mother about it (she is karensi).

Anyway, is that what we are talking about?
Thanks!

See I'm the exact opposite. I always think "why do we care". One thing I always keep in my head is that any where I post on the internet, everyone is a stranger. For the most part no one on the dis has any direct effect on my life. I don't give money to anyone, I don't have to deal with anyones drama so if some one wants to post a fictional scenerio AT MOST, I'll waste time saying a prayer (which is never a waste IMO).

I've gotten great advice from disser and great information but the end of the day I'm the one who has to act on the advice or information.

when we use to discuss politics and religion some of the posters would really get my dander up and what would happen? I'd end up with the points or on a dis board time out for letting them get me all hot and bothered.
I have my favorite posters and I have those that I use the ignore button.

There was a thread on the budget board, where folks got all upset because there evidently were some scammers over there. I couldn't understand that either. Scammers are every where, why would you think on the dis they couldn't exist. It's like people who don't think crime exist in Disneyworld.

Disappointed some one lied? hardly. this is purely entertainment value for me.

I'm guessing you accidentally quoted me? It doesn't seem like we have opposite feelings about these kinds of posts. I enjoy them for entertainment as well.

I hope nobody sent her anything. Glad she was found out before she had others feeling sorry for her.

Not sure why but I never gave the story a look.

OMG, are you all talking about the girl that had Henry in Canada?
In my 13 years of being on these boards, I never post on those threads but I did on that one. I think I even spoke to my mother about it (she is karensi).

Anyway, is that what we are talking about?
Thanks!

Yes, that is what we are talking about.. Henry is a hoax! Guess she got the name from Once Upon a Time......

I actually checked that thread pretty regularly...I was shocked when I saw it got locked last night. I guess I really don't understand why it did (I thought it was legit...?). But oh well, who am I to say it was or wasn't?

I was suspicious from the beginning but didn't post because so many posters I recognize were offering up support; I thought it was just me beng wonky.

As for Christmas, I'm going to Disneyworld and that's my excuse for doing absolutely nothing else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter