Disappointed with POP food court

DumboBoy

Earning My Ears
I am not usually one to complain about alot, but something needs to be done at POP Century. Their food court staff is very disorganized, cannot make decisions without a lot of time passing by and are not very friendly.

We just got home from POP on Saturday night - had bad time with the POP food court - worst service EVER! If they make your food within 10 minutes, and if you can get through their check-out line in 10 minutes you might get warm food by the time you get to the table. For the 12 people in our group we maybe had warm food 3 times out of 20.

Don't ask for a basic grilled cheese sandwich - they run around looking for bread and cheese (in the burger line.)

Don't ask for a veggie pizza if you plan to "carry out." For some reason you can only order a veggie pizza if you have it delivered to the room.... :confused3

The check-out clerks have a hard time finding the meals on their touch-screen so I am not sure if it's a training issue or they have a complicated system. Either way the customer suffers.

POP really disappointed my whole family on this trip - we won't be back.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We have stayed at POP the past 6 times we stayed and are staying again in August. We have always loved their food court. I hope it hasnt taken a turn for the worst :(

So sorry you had a bad experience. It sounds like they've recently switched over to a new menu (which news was disappointing to me) and that might be part of the problem. You have a right to be disappointed. Hopefully they'll get this remedied soon.

Hi Sandi,

We were actually there for most of the old menu - they switched to the new menu on the last day. :sad2:

I hope they figure it out for all the other guests to come.

No it was pretty consitant - food was ok. Maybe the new menu is better?

I soooo agree with you about this food court. It is so chaotic at all times of the day. We just stayed at Caribbean Beach for 8 days and the difference in the food courts was drastic. We must have said a million times how much better is was. However, we have found that the cast members at most of the food courts we have been too always seem like it is such a struggle for them and they always seem to have a difficult time producing the food. They all always seem like it is their first day! I find it very frustrating and tiring to always wait so long to order the simplest things. We used Garden Grocer for the first time on this trip and it made our stay soo much better. We did not have to go to the food court every time we wanted anything. Nice to have waters, soda and sandwiches down at the pool and bagels in the morning. Made for a much more relaxing trip.

Oh no, I'm trying to convince my dh that the food courts are great and easy to deal with, I hope it gets corrected before we go!

Oh no, I'm trying to convince my dh that the food courts are great and easy to deal with, I hope it gets corrected before we go!

I hope my dw does not see this post. She won't even go to the Value food courts and I am hoping to book for Dec 2013 trip at POP;)

For us, POP was the best food court we've been to. They were absolutely amazing with my allergies. I have 12+ food allergies and they were always accommodating. Had some great grilled chicken, burgers, sautéed veggies, etc. had the best allergy safe Mickey waffles!

I'm sorry you had such a bad time. For us, I am nervous that we are not staying at POP this time because of the service we got.

But I am also used to waiting. I had to wait to ask for the chef, for the chef to come out, make my food, etc. it was always about 30-40 minutes for me to get my food. Even during Christmas week, my parents never waited more than 15-20 minutes between getting food and paying. Never had any problems with cold food either.

I have to agree with the OP. Stayed at Pop Century many times and never have been even slightly impressed by the food court. Twice we ordered pizza to go and twice our order was waiting for us when we finally decided our buzzer was not going to go off. First time, the guy apologized. Second time, the woman said it was our fault because we were out of range. I asked how could we be out of range when we were seated in the adjacent area? Then she got real snotty and said we HAD to have been out at the pool area because she did buzz us and then proceeded to show my husband just how the buzzer worked.

Haven't been back since and won't be. Food is horrible and I fully agree the cashiers have no idea what they are doing.

But I love Pop Century and will be there in a few weeks. We just will eat our food either offsite or in a park. Not at the resort.

I actually agree with the op too. I've been there twice and both times thought it was really disorganized. I just came back from aoa and thought it was less chaos, but maybe they are given more staff since its a new resort.

I actually agree with the op too. I've been there twice and both times thought it was really disorganized. I just came back from aoa and thought it was less chaos, but maybe they are given more staff since its a new resort.

We actually walked over to AOA and ate there to compare. It was more efficient and organized. That could be an option for those going to POP soon.

Wow, I'm sorry to learn this. During our stay in 2010, the food court was great. However, we were VERY disappointed in POR food court...bad food & bad service. Although we love the resort, we will NEVER eat at POR again.

Sorry to hear this. We have stayed at POP the last 3 years in a row and absolutely loved their food court. I thought it was the best food court we have experienced.

We just got back from Pop yesterday and thought the food area was great. The only time we had problems was after the menu change. We ate there for breakfast ,lunch and dinner. We don't like the new breakfast menu but the food was good. During peak times the lines were long. Our food was hot and the staff was nice. We hardly ever waited to pay, maybe 1 or 2 people.

I soooo agree with you about this food court. It is so chaotic at all times of the day. We just stayed at Caribbean Beach for 8 days and the difference in the food courts was drastic. We must have said a million times how much better is was. However, we have found that the cast members at most of the food courts we have been too always seem like it is such a struggle for them and they always seem to have a difficult time producing the food. They all always seem like it is their first day! I find it very frustrating and tiring to always wait so long to order the simplest things. We used Garden Grocer for the first time on this trip and it made our stay soo much better. We did not have to go to the food court every time we wanted anything. Nice to have waters, soda and sandwiches down at the pool and bagels in the morning. Made for a much more relaxing trip.

We just stayed at Caribbean Beach and thought the food court was so bad we drove to Pop to eat at least 3 times. CB lines were miserably slow, selection was poor(really nothing more than vanilla soft serve ice cream at a moderate resort?), and there were a lack of tables to eat.

We just got back from Pop yesterday and thought the food area was great. The only time we had problems was after the menu change. We ate there for breakfast ,lunch and dinner. We don't like the new breakfast menu but the food was good. During peak times the lines were long. Our food was hot and the staff was nice. We hardly ever waited to pay, maybe 1 or 2 people.

So what's on the new menu?

We were there in Dec. 2010 and it was chaotic for us. We only ate there two times during our stay. Once we ate there and the other we took it to our room. The check out took forever and they did not speak English very well so that didint help. The cashier or CM acted like they didnt know what they were doing. There were no clean tables the one time we at the food court and we had to wipe one off ourself. It was just unorganized :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter