Disappointed in Pop/Value Level

I agree. I've never understood 'doing a business a favor' by utilizing them. It's a business. You're a consumer. Put your money where you'd like. It's a business arrangement, not a favor :headache:

I do my neighbor a favor when I mow his lawn. If we agreed to exchange money to do it then it becomes a business arrangement. It may be convenient for him, but it's no longer a favor.

Will you mow my lawn? I like neighbors like that. Then again I also snowblow my neighbor's lawn in return as well.

Tom

We stayed in the POP once for a night because we were arriving after midnight and I figured what's the difference we're only gonna sleep there. Well, I can tell you that after staying in only deluxes it's a stark contrast. The room was clean but the carpet and bed spreads had stains, and the furniture was very much worse for the wear. The bathroom from what I remember was clean but did have evidence of long term mold.

It's certainly fine to stay there and if you can overlook the shortcomings it's a win win but I personally would skip a year to save up and stay at a deluxe. The magic seems to be much more evident.

We stayed in the POP once for a night because we were arriving after midnight and I figured what's the difference we're only gonna sleep there. Well, I can tell you that after staying in only deluxes it's a stark contrast. The room was clean but the carpet and bed spreads had stains, and the furniture was very much worse for the wear. The bathroom from what I remember was clean but did have evidence of long term mold.

It's certainly fine to stay there and if you can overlook the shortcomings it's a win win but I personally would skip a year to save up and stay at a deluxe. The magic seems to be much more evident.

I've stayed at values, moderates, and yes deluxe Disney resorts. having mold in the bathroom and stained carpet and bedspreads is not acceptable at any level. And is not typical, thankfully.

Once upon a time I was a Disney snob. I vowed that I would never stay at a value resort. And then on a family trip we stayed at All Star Movies because it fit into my sister's budget...and I thought it was great! Since then I've stayed at All Star Sports and am currently at Pop Century. I walked over to Art of Animation tonight and thought it was beautiful. My rooms have always been clean and quiet, food in the food court has been decent, and never have had an issue with the Disney buses. I still look forward to repeat stays at place like Contemporary or AKL, but I've come to appreciate the value reorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter