Disappointed in David's Vacation Club Rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if they are selling your house for you. If you are buying a house it isn't any of your business how much the seller is paying their realtor.

Jonathon: My wife was looking into DVC points for an upcoming vacation - just wondering how you make money as a reseller?

Sounds like "tell me how to do you business so I can copy it" Sorry, but I just don't see the connection to a realtor commission.

I disagree, I see the connection and feel it's a very good point. It's not like the OP was asking for a copy of his business plan.

If anyone is inclined to help, we are visiting WDW Feb 20 - 24 (4 nights) and would consider buying points from a reputable source if this is actually legitimate. Whether or not it is reasonable on our end, going with David is not an option given the history.

Slightly O/T here...but having access to Club Level is what inspired many DVC members to buy AKV as their home resort in order to book 11 mos out, with travel dates so close I would be very surprised if anything was available in that category.

After listening to a Dis podcast - my wife wanted to look into buying DVC points so we could stay at the Animal Kingdom Club level - where we wouldn't stay under normal circumstances. When I came home from work at 9:00 - tired, but glad to be home, she told me about it and it sounded too good to be true.

If anyone is inclined to help, we are visiting WDW Feb 20 - 24 (4 nights) and would consider buying points from a reputable source if this is actually legitimate. Whether or not it is reasonable on our end, going with David is not an option given the history.

As was already mentioned, you have no shot at getting AKV club level at this late date, but you can probably get a very good deal at SSR if you wanted to rent points. If you can find someone with points that expire at the end of the month, they may be willing to rent them on the cheap instead of losing them. Check the Rent/Trade board. It's not as simple or cut and dry as using David, but there are good deals to be found (albeit w/ greater risk). You would not have to find someone w/ SSR points - any points will do since you are well within the 7 month booking window.

If you really want AKL Club Level, you'll likely have to book through CRO and pay their rates. To have a shot at that w/ a DVC rental, you likely have to find someone w/ AKV points to rent from, and you likely have to do it more than 7 months from your check out date.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Rented from Dave about a year ago and had a wondfrful experiene. Plan to use him again on our next trip

This was a chat that went downhill very quickly - as many of you surmised, I was trying to get detailed and proprietary information on David's business. In conjunction with my business partner Zerg, our intention was to setup an offshore operation in Bangalore and crush him with our lower operating costs. When my plan was foiled, I of course thought the intelligent thing to do was to post it here. I only hope Zerg can forgive me - he has quite a temper.

Ok, now THAT was funny!

I would agree with what others have said about AKL, you may be able to get an AKL room but not club level.

As one who has rented her points on the rent/trade board several times, I can tell you it was easy but does come with a small risk.

Good luck. If you decide to buy DVC, it is worth every penny!

When we rented points from David we were able to book AKL 1 bedroom club level. We had nothing but a positive experience from start to finish.

We did not end up sleeping in the car at the Walmart parking lot, our reservation went off without a hitch.

We just contacted him hoping to get a night later this year to add on to the start of our stay at a different DVC than the one we own. He told us that he doesn't advertise it, but he doesn't book less than 45 points at a time except in rare circumstances. So make sure you want more a reservation to use more than 45 points. It would've been nice to know this in advance -- we wouldn't have wasted our time.

It does make sense to have a bottom limit on such a transaction, as his overheads are the same regardless if its a 1-point or 500-point transaction. Dealing with small amounts like for a single night aren't cost effective.

It would make sense for that information to be up front though.

It does make sense to have a bottom limit on such a transaction, as his overheads are the same regardless if its a 1-point or 500-point transaction. Dealing with small amounts like for a single night aren't cost effective.

It would make sense for that information to be up front though.

Being in the insurance business we get those questions all the time and are required by regs to say how we are paid. That being said I can see how someone would feel uncomfortable about disclosing this. It would be like someone asking a salaried worker how much he gets paid for the job they do.

I can't bust the OPs chops for asking a question. He asked it, didn't get the answer he wanted and handled it the way he thought was best by choosing not to do business with the company. We all have those things that make us want to walk out the door. It's the power of the consumer.

But, trying to bad mouth and diminish his business by posting this trivial issue on the boards...not very cool.

I can't bust the OPs chops for asking a question. He asked it, didn't get the answer he wanted and handled it the way he thought was best by choosing not to do business with the company. We all have those things that make us want to walk out the door. It's the power of the consumer.

But, trying to bad mouth and diminish his business by posting this trivial issue on the boards...not very cool.

I agree 100% and very well put.

I agree 100% and very well put.
i do respect the OP "once removed" for coming on and trying to explain himself, a lot of us would just get all defensive and make things worse.

We just contacted him hoping to get a night later this year to add on to the start of our stay at a different DVC than the one we own. He told us that he doesn't advertise it, but he doesn't book less than 45 points at a time except in rare circumstances. So make sure you want more a reservation to use more than 45 points. It would've been nice to know this in advance -- we wouldn't have wasted our time.

I wanted to come back & post that he now has this information on his reservation info page. Props to him for making that change. :thumbsup2

I wanted to come back & post that he now has this information on his reservation info page. Props to him for making that change. :thumbsup2

I was going to say that the day after I read this post (a couple days after discovering the website in question), I thoroughly reviewed it. It does say since at least Friday that there is a minimum requirement, in red font, listed on the site.

i am currently exchanging e-mails with this business, looks like i am going to forsake POR for OKW. there have been no problems at all................ very knowledgable, answers promptly. i think the business fills a need here......... i am looking forward to completing the transaction................the reason i am posting is i want to say that his style is very to the point and not "chatty". quite business like. which is great for me but people who like to engage others in long conversations would find it a bit wanting.........this may have contributed to the OP's perceived problem.

Davids is a good outlet for those looking to rent points without havgin the hassle of doing it themselves, or not gfeeling comfortable about renting off a person they do not know.

I've looked into it also...think I might use this service next year.

I have used David's service, and he was very professional. The whole process from start to finish was very well handled and organized. I paid with paypal.

David went out of his way to ensure my family had a wonderful vacation at AKV.

I would rent points from David in a heartbeat.

I would only add that Melissa is very kind and helpful!
:hippie:

I have to admit that I didn't know much about David's Vacation Club Rentals until recently when I started following them on Facebook. But I actually tried them out this month with a weekend rental and the process went as smooth as it possibly could. I have no regrets - communication was excellent and payment was secure. I checked in at SSR and no questions asked! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter