~DISappearing PEEPS~Vol. IV Come Play With Us!!!!!

Lynda- Great picture. I love how your top matches Minnie's dress.

Thanks! That did work out great. That was a MNSSHP (hence my ears), and I thought Minnie was adorable!

hi everyone! i'm new to this thread, but i think it'll be good for me to stick with my weight loss program if i have some more people to talk about it with!

Disneyfreak92 - i love your tanktop, soooo cute!

Welcome!!! :dance3: And thanks! Got it from Delia's last year. I LOVE their tank tops! They have cute designs, and they fit really well and don't get all stretched out at by the end of the day.

hey gang :)
so greg and i just got back from seeing " I Love you, man" ...SUPER FUNNY! I hightly reccomend it. I am a big fan of Paul Rudd and Jason Segal, so i figured i would like it..but it was even better than i thought..which is great considering the $$ it costs to SEE a movie these days:scared1:

SO we leave for our 4 night cruise this Thursday! I can't wait!!!!! Granted I know it won't help in my weight loss efforts but it might get me rejuvenated and feeling like i can start of right again when we return, i feel like i need a good ole jump start so hopefully this little warm weather get away will help. I have been completely stagnant lately..i was really hoping to have lost at least 15 lbs by now, and sadly, i have only lost 7. SO i better get it together when i get back if I dont' want to be sadly disapointed in myself when the wedding rolls around in October!
ANYHOO..hope all is well in Peepdom...I am enjoying our new fresh digs ;)

Hey guys,
First off, thanks for all your advice. I just needed some calming down and everything is perfect again :) It's so nice to have a support system like this to tell you when you are being crazy haha

Gina, a cruise can be great for motivating you because most of them now have free access to the gym on board! No excuse there! :) Good luck, but most of all - HAVE FUN!

Today I thought I did super poorly at what I ate, but I calculated it and I actually stayed within my goal! I also started taking one-a-day vitamins and I feel more energized already! Yay!

I'm here too. I didn't have a lot to say over the weekend so I just looked in on y'all for a few days.

Gina~ Enjoy the cruise! You'll need the gym onboard if the food is aa fantastic as I've heard. Get in there and work your tushie off and make sure you swim everyday too. I'm a bit jealous, I'd love to go on a cruise, maybe next year.

Lynda~ It's great to see you! That's a really cute picture you posted. How are you doing? You used to be here everyday and were an insiration to many of us. Hopefully your throat is feeling a lot better.

Stacey~ Try to calm down about the man. I think you got some really good advice. I know it's hard to try to be positive and optimistic when you've been hurt in the past. My DH is paying for hurts from my ex. I don't always mean to do it but somedays it's an instant reaction. It's like I've done this before and I know how it ends. After some therapy and a conscious decision to try to change, it doesn't happen as much. I think it's human nature to try to protect ourselves and keep from being hurt emotionally. Try to make sure you're getting fruits, veggies and dairy everyday. I still struggle with getting all my servings of dairy but found it makes a huge difference in my energy levels and satisfaction.

Iggbees~ Welcome!! come in and post a lot. That's how we all got to know each other.

Aaron~ I know you feel you're not making a lot of progress. I'm in the same boat. I had a really bad day yesterday after a less than stellar weigh in at the gym. I lost 3 lbs last month and took a bit off my waist. I'm building muscle in my arms so they're getting bigger. My hips and thighs were unchanged. I'm running almost everyday, going to the personal trainer once a week and doing the assigned work out from the trainer at least once more during the week. I've never worked out this much before and for the most part, I'm really liking it but it sucks to see so little result after all that work. The only consolation I have is that this is a life long journey and the things I'm doing are sustainable for the rest of my life. I know I will never be able to eat everything I want and not exercise, if I ever do; I'll be right back to where I started.

Okay, here are the most recent photos I have uploaded to Shutterfly. This was June 2008 and I was about 140 at the time. I have on a very loose fitting shirt, so you can't tell too much about me though.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Okay, I am 35, 5'6 1/2 and my goal is 135 - 140 (size 8). I had surgery in July and couldn't work out the rest of the summer, then school started back - I teach first grade - and things got busy and I never started back on a work out program - until now. I gained up to 145 (size 8 to 10) and held that weight until about 1.5 or 2 months ago, and I wasn't very toned. At that time, I met my boyfriend and it has been downhill from there, weight-wise. We go out to eat more, I cook more - before I was just grilling fish and chicken for dinner, I drink more adult beverages.... Anyway, I am up to 148.5 (size 10) and I am not happy.

However, I have decided to re-focus and am back on the work out wagon and drinking lots of water to curb my cravings, so we'll see how it works out. Wish me luck!

Lynda~ It's great to see you! That's a really cute picture you posted. How are you doing? You used to be here everyday and were an insiration to many of us. Hopefully your throat is feeling a lot better.

Thanks! :) I liked the picture you posted too. I hope you and your family are doing well these days. My throat is doing MUCH better. Thanks for asking. I managed to get the infection spread to one of my eyes just as I was starting the antibiotics, but those fixed the eye pretty quickly. I'm still wearing my glasses today, but I'm hoping I can wear my contacts again tomorrow without incident. On Saturday I was having a friend over with her 9-mo-old so we could hang out, and I could take some pics of him, so I ran around the house disinfecting all the door knobs and handles and things that I routinely touch. And I stripped our bed and washed everything. (Trying not to infect DH.) I'm feeling very nearly 100%, and my house feels clean, so I'm good. I've been busy working out a lot, working on various photography business-related activities, and reading a lot (I just finished reading Peter Pan :goodvibes, and I finally broke down and just started reading Twilight AGAIN even though I still have a large pile of other books to be read.). How have you been?

Gina, a cruise can be great for motivating you because most of them now have free access to the gym on board! No excuse there! :) Good luck, but most of all - HAVE FUN!

Yay!

Gina~ Enjoy the cruise! You'll need the gym onboard if the food is aa fantastic as I've heard. Get in there and work your tushie off and make sure you swim everyday too. I'm a bit jealous, I'd love to go on a cruise, maybe next year.

You both hit the nail on the head! i am def. planning on hitting the fitness center/pool a lot during the 4 days there!! i will also be eating alot of the good food and i am sure i will still not work off everything BUT it will be a good way to get working out everyday back in my schedule!!

Hey y'all! Just checking in on this sunny, Monday afternoon. It's probably just a figment of my imagination, but my pants feel a little looser this morning. I doubt there is much to that, since I can't imagine how they'd go from normal to loose in the week or so since I last wore this pair. But I'm trying not to dwell on that impossibility since I need some positive weight-loss news for once.

I'm trying to wean myself off of white bread, and I'm starting with my lunch. I've been eating this light Italian bread, which is only 1 WW point for two slices, for probably 2-3 years. Well, after my complete lack of progress these past few months, I've decided to make a change. So today my usual sandwich bread was replaced with Nature's Pride Healthy Multi-Grain Bread. Only problem - one slice is twice as many points as two of my old stuff. So now I'm just taking one slice and cutting it in half to make my sandwich. And I must say, it was better than I expected. It was actually a little sweet, which I liked. And it seemed heavier, which I hope will make me a little more full. I'm just hoping that I'm eating the right kind of grains, since I know some are better than others for weight loss. (Or is it bleached vs. unbleached? And I think this is unbleached, but I'm not sure.)

So anyway, that's all that is new with me. Only 2.5 hours left until quitting time. Then it is home for supper, followed by strength training. Have a great day everyone!

I'm trying to wean myself off of white bread, and I'm starting with my lunch.

I'm with you! Anyone know the specs on which ones are better/worse than you?
I ate my whole wheat bread for lunch today and I don't know if it's better or worse for me than my white bread...

I'm with you! Anyone know the specs on which ones are better/worse than you?
I ate my whole wheat bread for lunch today and I don't know if it's better or worse for me than my white bread...

I have been eating eziekel bread. its much better than whole wheat bread

I know I talk about her all the time but.......

I love love love Jillian Michael's New Workout Dvds...!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Last Friday I was a Samer when I weighed in..so since Friday I have been alternating her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Trouble Zones DVD workouts and I am weighed myself this a.m. and I am down 2 pounds!!!! :cool1: in 4day!!!!!

Congrats LMO!
It's great to find a workout that sticks for you!
Yesterday I started doing these workouts on Sparkpeople and I was watching television at the same time. I got so caught in my show that I didn't even realize despite how much I was sweating that 40 minutes had gone by!!
It was a great feeling - I was just reading the workout to do next and doing the correct reps and sets.
Yay!

I love love love Jillian Michael's New Workout Dvds...!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship:

i've heard that her DVDs are excellent!

i've been playing around with the wii fit for the past 3 nights and I LOVE IT! :banana: i forgot how much fun it is. i absolutely love the boxing game, i wish they just had a full boxing game for the wii. i think it would be awesome. i heard that the jillian michaels wii game stinks though, which is unfortunate.

Last Friday I was a Samer when I weighed in..so since Friday I have been alternating her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Trouble Zones DVD workouts and I am weighed myself this a.m. and I am down 2 pounds!!!! :cool1: in 4day!!!!!

They have most of them on our free ExerciseTV on demand, here. I tried that Boost Metabolism workout the other day and made it through about half. WOWOWOW is that one hard!!!

I love her workouts but she has a tendency to jump around a bit much for me (or maybe my floor?). I am not getting any younger and she puts a lot of stress on the knees.

They have most of them on our free ExerciseTV on demand, here. I tried that Boost Metabolism workout the other day and made it through about half. WOWOWOW is that one hard!!!

I love her workouts but she has a tendency to jump around a bit much for me (or maybe my floor?). I am not getting any younger and she puts a lot of stress on the knees.
I have the 30-day Shred, the Front Side/Back Side set, and a Biggest Loser workout with Jillian, Bob, and that other chick who was on the show a few seasons ago. And this is my one problem with them as well. Years of carrying around 50-90 pounds of extra weight have left me with a bad hip and a bad knee (both on the left side). Sometimes I can get through an entire workout with no problems. But then there are those times that after one set of front lunges, I can barely put any weight on my left leg. And then I'm shot for the next week. So unfortunately I'm more into the lower impact exercises like walking (I'm attemping the couch to 5k program, but I have the same problem to a lesser extent with that) or Yoga simply because I can do them more than once a week.

i've heard that her DVDs are excellent!

i've been playing around with the wii fit for the past 3 nights and I LOVE IT! :banana: i forgot how much fun it is. i absolutely love the boxing game, i wish they just had a full boxing game for the wii. i think it would be awesome. i heard that the jillian michaels wii game stinks though, which is unfortunate.

I have the Wii Game from Jillian Michaels it is a major disappointment. But her workout dvds are amazing :thumbsup2

I would kill for her to come out with a 90 day series, similiar to Power 90x or chalean extreme

I have the 30-day Shred, the Front Side/Back Side set, and a Biggest Loser workout with Jillian, Bob, and that other chick who was on the show a few seasons ago. And this is my one problem with them as well. Years of carrying around 50-90 pounds of extra weight have left me with a bad hip and a bad knee (both on the left side). Sometimes I can get through an entire workout with no problems. But then there are those times that after one set of front lunges, I can barely put any weight on my left leg. And then I'm shot for the next week. So unfortunately I'm more into the lower impact exercises like walking (I'm attemping the couch to 5k program, but I have the same problem to a lesser extent with that) or Yoga simply because I can do them more than once a week.

I am attempting the couch to 5K program as well. I did w3d1 yesterday and then followed it with 30day shred. So far the only pain is mild muscle soreness, but I will see how I feel after d3... I am doing a 5K on Apr 26th with a fellow WISHer, in NJ, but I don't think we will be running the whole thing.

Have you tried any of the machines, like an elliptical? Or if you don't have access to a gym, I recommend buying some sort of mini-stepper, which seems to be a lot less impact than running or jumping around. I got mine for about $30 from craigslist, which is a great resource for used sporting goods, or I think you can get a new one from wally-world or similar places for about $40-50. They fit nicely under the bed or in the garage, too, and can be moved easily.

I'm so proud of myself!!
Today, after a work trip, my boss offered to buy me a the crew a milkshake and I turned it down! I've never turned down a chocolate milkshake before!! But, I had just eaten lunch and I knew I didn't need it and I didn't get it!
YAY PROGRESS!!!:cool1::goodvibes

I'm so proud of myself!!
Today, after a work trip, my boss offered to buy me a the crew a milkshake and I turned it down! I've never turned down a chocolate milkshake before!! But, I had just eaten lunch and I knew I didn't need it and I didn't get it!
YAY PROGRESS!!!:cool1::goodvibes

you're better than i am, my boss bought us all lunch today (and of course i pick a horribly greasy sandwich, which i only ate half of though) and then she brings out the cookies and i ate a chocolate chip one. :guilty:

you're better than i am, my boss bought us all lunch today (and of course i pick a horribly greasy sandwich, which i only ate half of though) and then she brings out the cookies and i ate a chocolate chip one. :guilty:

Do not beat yourself up!

I am in the middle of reading Bethenny Frankel's book Naturally Thin the book is pretty much common sense but she makes ALOT of great points. Basically think of your eating as a Bank Account!:

Basically the books attitude would be So what if you ate a greasy sandwich and a cookie....So you "spent" a little bit more on food today than you would have liked to so tomorrow hit the gym and eat clean its all about balance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter