Disabled passes a thing of the past! (can remove the sticky now)

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by fdecker, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdecker

fdecker Mouseketeer

Yes, Disney disables disabled passes. It's official, starting October 9, the old system of allowing front of the line passes for the disabled which was being abused to the point of it creating an entire industry of people hiring disabled guides to beat the lines, will be terminated. They new system will be similar to a fast pass system where you have to go to a ride at a specific time. You will still get to the front of the line, but the return time is tied to the regular stand-by line wait time. In addition, the person with the disability must be present and must ride. This should eliminate the cheaters since there will be no time saving benefit.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

This has already been discussed on several different boards here. There is an extensive discussion (now locked) on the Rumors and News board and an ongoing discussion on the Community board. Several other threads here have been closed.

4. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I believe the primary source of information on this subject is on the disABILITIES board, where it really belongs.

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Awaiting lockdown in 3....2...

6. fdecker

fdecker Mouseketeer

Sorry, appreciate it. I actually did a search of all forums for "disability" and it only came up with a few recent threads and none with headers that implied this was covered. I didn't want to post if it wasn't covered, but apparently this was only officially announced within the last 24 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.