"disABILTIES Community Board"

larryz

Rogue Five
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Has anyone ever noticed the title of this board is missing an "i"...?

I'm sure it was unintentional, but I find it annoying, for all the times I've visited, over the five years I've been on DIS, I've never noticed before...

I never noticed it either. Must be a bunch of us who are unobservant. LOL

hmmm. Most of us 'read' words using only the first few letters. Guess that's why no one noticed [or no one cared].

Did not notice but then I am a dyslexic. I rarely notice a spelling mistake and if I do I think others are right, I must be wrong.:confused3

Spelling has been an issue with me for as long as I could write, it caused someone to think I was not me when I mis-spelled my own name on a test and saved me when someone copied my work on another and did not bother to correct my spelling errors or weird grammer.The teacher knew my spelling, grammer and I was safe.

Maybe because instead of an "I" there's an "us" on this board? :goodvibes

I can clear up a couple of questions:

1) Yes, it has been noticed before.

2) No, it was not intentional, so there is no special significance - just a typo.

3) The board was actually in existence for several years before it was noticed.

4) I have asked in the past to have it corrected, but it’s still there.

hmmm. Most of us 'read' words using only the first few letters. Guess that's why no one noticed [or no one cared].

Actually you can read words also with just the first and last letter correct and the rest of the word scrambled. The brain will sort it out. (I love this bit of info: Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.) ;)

My husband is dyslexic and after so many years of filling in the pieces from his writing, I correct it in my head automatically myself! So I never knew what looked "off" with the title cuz I knew what the word was so the brain moved on. :) He's trained me well (or 'un'trained me however you want to think of it) cuz even if I correct him in a few days/weeks it'll be out of his head again, so I've given up. Actually if there isn't a spelling mistake, I know he didn't write it :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter