Dis Unplugged 10th Anniversary Show

The show stared with this 18 minute video being played which opens up with Pete talking about Bob.

Thanks for the info on that! I thought there was something wrong with my download when I started listening this morning.

I noticed the edit from the fan video put together... everyone in the theater was getting misty-eyed about a segment featuring @NeuroCindy and her story. She's mentioned it here on the boards before, in a thread about a sad news story out of the Contemporary.

PS-I just thought this powerful moment should be recognized and that you have my support. Inbox me if you want to talk. That's all I'll say on here. :)

Last edited:

We just finished watching the anniversary show, and wanted to also say thank you to the DIS team for all the work and love they put into what they do! We enjoy listening to the shows every week (our daughter absolutely loves the opening music to the WDW and DLR podcasts :)). We are looking forward to the DIS Meet in Delaware in a few months - hope to see some familiar faces there!

The DLR team helped us put together a fantastic trip to DLR last year, and we can't wait to head out to DLR again this November to get to everything that we didn't have time for last year! Thank you @ImTooExcitedToSleep & @WebmasterMaryJo, Tony, Michael and Nancy for all of your help! Hopefully to include meeting up with the DLR team (and not messing up the phone number this time!), if anyone's in town. :)

Next time you need to give a disclosure and a rating! Good grief I was bawling in my car! Michael, I listen on my "old fashioned click wheel iPod classic" in my car still. I adore all of you. While I simply cannot afford to go to Disney, I experience both world and land through your podcasts. Thank you for opening yourselves up to a world of strangers. Kevin, don't you know by now nothing you do is dull! I love all of podcast Disney friends that Ive never met.

I too want to say thank you to the entire staff for all the work you put into every show. It brings so much enjoyment to those of us who live in Texas - half way between DL & WDW.

We just finished watching the anniversary show, and wanted to also say thank you to the DIS team for all the work and love they put into what they do! We enjoy listening to the shows every week (our daughter absolutely loves the opening music to the WDW and DLR podcasts :)). We are looking forward to the DIS Meet in Delaware in a few months - hope to see some familiar faces there!

The DLR team helped us put together a fantastic trip to DLR last year, and we can't wait to head out to DLR again this November to get to everything that we didn't have time for last year! Thank you @ImTooExcitedToSleep & @WebmasterMaryJo, Tony, Michael and Nancy for all of your help! Hopefully to include meeting up with the DLR team (and not messing up the phone number this time!), if anyone's in town. :)

Would love to see you when you come out to Disneyland (Michael is the king of Disneyland history and trivia, but we know some cool stuff, too, that we love to point out about our original Magic Kingdom. :) )

It also made me open my eyes to give kids the world
I think this is one piece that doesn't get nearly enough attention.

Because of the DIS, my family has gotten involved with GKTW on multiple levels. We've helped raise money by attending the various DIS meets. We've donated a lot of items to be auctioned to raise money. For example, our items brought in $600 at the Mega Meet auction. But we've also gotten involved personally. DW and I have now volunteered at the village 3 times and DD has been there twice. We were just there last Wednesday when we were in town for the Meet. We plan to make it a part of every Disney trip going forward, something that we knew nothing about prior to the DIS promoting it. DW and I also raised money and ran in their Gingerbread Run 5K last year, again something that would never have happened if not for the DIS.

I have only been watching the podcasts for the last year or so....(now that my kids are adults I actually have some time). I've been a member of the boards for 10 years though. I love the podcast and the entire dis unplugged crew and can honestly say I look forward to coming home from work on Tuesdays so I can watch. It brightens my day! The 10th anniversary show was awesome and so moving. Thank you Pete and the entire crew for all that you do.

Just saw the updated video that includes some character best wishes! Loved it! That wasn't a part of the original we saw at the theater. Cool idea!

Also noticed that NeuroCindy's portion was taken out perhaps due to privacy concerns. She had a very touching story. <3

Just saw the updated video that includes some character best wishes! Loved it! That wasn't a part of the original we saw at the theater. Cool idea!

Also noticed that NeuroCindy's portion was taken out perhaps due to privacy concerns. She had a very touching story. <3
Yes I thought the character video was great!

I'm glad Cindy was able to share her story with those involved in the project and those at the theater. The first time I watched it I teared up.

Thanks Nikki and Ryan. It was taken out because I felt like the whole story wasn't there, and mental health awareness is extremely important to me. I wanted to paint an accurate picture that the Dis helped me tremendously, but so did an amazing counselor and psychiatrist. But by leaving out the additional steps I took, I felt like it could make someone who is struggling with depression feel worse, if that makes sense. :) I've talked about my struggle/journey before on the boards, and I'm always open and willing to speak about it, I just want the full story there (which obviously couldn't be in the video because of time).

Thanks Nikki and Ryan. It was taken out because I felt like the whole story wasn't there, and mental health awareness is extremely important to me. I wanted to paint an accurate picture that the Dis helped me tremendously, but so did an amazing counselor and psychiatrist. But by leaving out the additional steps I took, I felt like it could make someone who is struggling with depression feel worse, if that makes sense. :) I've talked about my struggle/journey before on the boards, and I'm always open and willing to speak about it, I just want the full story there (which obviously couldn't be in the video because of time).
That's awesome, and SO totally self aware and caring of others, Cindy. Dealing with depression certainly IS a struggle, a journey, hard work, and usually needs a totally multifaceted approach, for sure, something which many others would never understand or appreciate unless they dealt with it - either themselves, or seeing others. You have definitely helped further that awareness, in ways you may never even know. Now I have even MORE respect for you (if that's even possible). I'm proud to be able to call you my friend who I just haven't been fortunate enough to meet yet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter