DIS turns into Alaska Cruise - June 2010

So, I have officially canceled the hotel and postponed the tickets for the Opry. My SIS will probably use the Opry credit if we don't go to TN later.

We are all gearing up to 1st rehearsal on Monday :thumbsup2. DH is watching the movie AGAIN. We don't have a copy of the CD yet... I went to several local stores Wed looking for it and it is nowhere to be found:confused3. I will probably order one from the internet, but haven't yet.

Well, I have mixed feelings about my DH singing love songs to someone else on stage. I guess when I have seen plays or movies, I never really thought about how the DGF, DBF, DH or DW would feel about their significant other acting romantic toward someone else. Although, I will admit I really like HEARING him singing romantic songs :love:.:love:. And of course, he assures me its just ACTING and he also wishes that we had been paired together onstage.

This is going to be an interesting experience.

We are one week into rehearsals for King and I. My songs are soooooooo high!:scared1: I am a solid alto and these are definitely higher soprano. I can sing them, but my throat gets scratchy... so practice practice practice. So far we have been working on music. Next week we start on the scenes and dancing :dance3:.

I have met some of the 'wives' and 'children' from the cast... including DH's love interest in the play. She is a music major and seems nice.

We enjoyed our 'staycation' this past week. Although, it was difficult since we were in town to disengage from our lives completely. We did make it into a used cd store one day... I could spend a LOT of time in a store like that. Also found a little romantic :love: time with DH. Seems this becomes fewer and far between because of schedules and children (anyone else seem to run into that?)

Oh, and DD9 turned 10 this week! Happy Birthday Calista!

Probably not much WDW planning until after King and I. Although we are trying to get park tickets paid for before August... (just in case they decide to hike the price this year).

Thanks for the update. I have been wandering how it was coming along.

Free time for what? Romance? Whats that. :lmao:

Keep us posted. You have plenty of time to plan for Disney later.

I can't believe it is already this late in the week! I have been teaching a summer enrichment course this week which ended today (Around the World in 4 Days)... Kind of based on Epcot World Showcase. We squeezed 12 countries in 4 days... 1 hour per country. :scared1: It went really quick.

Next week we have our annual Montrose Suzuki Kids garage sale... (Stringed instruments, NOT bikes :goodvibes) at my house.

King and I rehearsals are going good... learned some dances... and I am trying to get used to bowing all the time to the King :worship:. The director says to be careful not to hurt our knees. This play is going to make this summer just fly by.

DS15 is on a Scouting trip to the BWCA starting today through the 27th. It's nice to have just the girls for the week. :flower3:

:cool1:I am so happy I am not the only one planning this far out..and not the only one who can only afford a disney vacation about every 3 years or so..... I am excited to read more!!!

Thoughts and prayers going out to those involved with the monorail accident and their families.

:grouphug:

I can't believe it's already here! Seems like we just auditioned for the show!

I'll get pics posted when we get costumes... we still don't have all of them:scared1:.

Probably won't hear much from me until after it's all over. (and I have a TON to catch up with on everyone's trip reports!) If you happen to be in MN... come and see us! PM for more info.

Hi Again!

Boy, that sure went fast! I can't believe it's already time for the play to start! I'm sure you all will fantastic and will have such a great time!

It will take some time to catch up with your DIS-ing, but we do miss you! Hurry back and visit our pre-trippie; we've had a lot of fun while you were MIA.

Looking forward to all of your plans too! Can't wait to see what you'll all be doing on your trip!

Hi Again!

Boy, that sure went fast! I can't believe it's already time for the play to start! I'm sure you all will fantastic and will have such a great time!

It will take some time to catch up with your DIS-ing, but we do miss you! Hurry back and visit our pre-trippie; we've had a lot of fun while you were MIA.

Looking forward to all of your plans too! Can't wait to see what you'll all be doing on your trip!

Thanks for your thoughts! We have a couple days off between shows, but I will have to catch up with DIS-ing next week.popcorn::

We are having soooooooooooooo much fun with the show... it will be hard to adjust to 'normal' after it is over (and get back to all that trip planning! :teacher:)

:confused3 Trying to post pics in my thread from the play... not working???:confused3

When I click on 'images'... it wants a URL.

I changed my avatar as a pic from the play.

Hey there my friend,

In order to post pictures, you will need to first upload them to a photo hosting site like photobucket. After they are uploaded, you need to click on (by the way, when you do this have 2 windows open) the little world icon, go back to photobucket, choose the url from your pictures pull down choices, and right click on copy. After it is "copied" go back to your little window on your PTR and "paste" it into the place it asks for it. Be careful you don't have two http:// at the beginning. I almost always have to get rid of the first one they give automatically.

It's not to hard after you get the hang of it. But first get them uploaded to photobucket.

The good of this summer is it has brought our family closer together... It was great to have an activity that all of us were involved in.

the bad? Well, I only taught 1 week out of 7 (due to low enrollment) so my DIS $$$ is greatly diminished. :teacher:

My plan to purchase passes before Aug (and price increase) was foiled due to lack of teaching. At least we had fun at 'King and I'.;) I need school to start so I can work again. I have also applied for a college teaching job which I REALLY would like. I can't count on it but would help tremendously.

Also, my Father has been diagnosed with liver cirrhosis.:sick: He is not a drinker and they think it was caused from medications he had taken over the years for other ailments. Funny how meds for one thing can give you something else. :sad2: He is doing ok for the time being but I don't know what the future will bring.

So right now, we are in a holding pattern to see if we will be able to afford WDW next spring.

I have successfully loaded pics to photobucket... now (drum-roll) here they are!

mncherokee
Me and DH

mncherokee
DH and DD Calista

mncherokee
Me and DH

mncherokee
DS Andy

mncherokee
DH, DD Calista and Me

and the whole family!!!
mncherokee
DD Zoe, DS Andy, DH, Me and DD Calista

We have taken a hit financially this summer. I am now interviewing for a couple new positions :thumbsup2. One is a Worship Coordinator position (PT) and the other is for teaching undergraduate classes at a local college (PT). I should be able to do both positions. If some of this pans out... we may still be able to go in the spring. Otherwise we may be waiting until December (winter break) 2010.

That's a major bummer about the diminishing $$ that you had really hoped and planned on!! But really, going without having to think about every little eentsy-weensty dime might be actually more enjoyable. You could eat at nicer places, and ORDER DESSERT!, stay longer, add a dinner show, grab a few more souvenirs, etc...

But, like you say, let hope for these positions to work out, and you may get to go after all--- this spring! :wizard:

BTW, if you still need help posting those pix, PM me :)

DS15 just auditioned for 'Seussical' at his high school (we find out the cast list on Monday...keeping fingers crossed:rolleyes:)

So, DD3 and DD10 were looking at the CD case... 'Mom... did you know 'Seuss' is at Islands of Adventure?' 'Would you like to go there and see the 'cat in the hat'?'

Glee from both girls...:yay::yay: and I am thinking... a week ticket to Universal is less than DIS:teacher:.... maybe we could do universal this trip and wait until our economy is better to do DIS...:confused3

Of course DD10 brings up Sea World as well. Still might be less.

Going to check out the worship service at the church I interviewed at tomorrow morning. Hopeful that this may be the one!:woohoo:

Thought I would update on the job search...:surfweb:

- Worship position is getting closer... observing rehearsal this weekend and meeting with the committee on Thursday... I am thinking that it is looking pretty good, since they keep including me in things.
-Tuesday night I interview for the adjunct teaching position...
-I had a friend tell me about a position at her school where they have been talking about me as a possibility for the position.

I may even be able to do all three of these :scared1:. I can't imagine that they all will work out. But, you never know, :confused3.

BTW... DS15 did get into Seussical. But, he doesn't have a named part and has been a little disappointed. Chorus is fun too :dance3:...

My mom called the other day with an announcement... she and dad are treating me and my family, my sister and her family and my brother and his family to an ALASKA CRUISE in June 2010 for her birthday!

We were wondering how we were going to afford DIS this spring and also if I could get away Easter week with my new job as Music and Worship Coordinator.:scared1: We are going to have to put DIS on hold for now.

Slowly getting excited. I need to apply for passports (since we go through Vancouver) for me and my DDs... the guys have theirs already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter