DIS POP: The Hunt for Retro Disney Video Games (Feat. Toy Story) - 8/26

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
In this episode of DIS POP, Ryno is joined by Pete, Craig, and Oliver as they attempt to hunt down some retro Disney video games. The group head out to a local retro game store, Cybertron Video Games to see what they come up with. With a little bit of luck, the team finds the Toy Story game franchise across multiple consoles. Watch their journey and see what they thought about playing these classic Disney games.

That was fun - reminded me of a free form Friday a bit

also reminded me of how annoying back-seat gamers can be ;)

Oh, and shame on them for not mentioning the greatest retro Disney game of all time: Ducktails

First time watching a DIS POP episode, and I enjoyed it. I think it would be really neat if Ryno did this more often but actually reviewed different current or retro Disney games out there. One thing to point out is that Toy Story 3 for PS3/Xbox 360 has a Toybox Mode which supports two players and is more fun to play than Story Mode.

Oh, and shame on them for not mentioning the greatest retro Disney game of all time: Ducktails

Yeah I was wondering if they were ever going to mention it. I'm pretty sure the NES version is super expensive if you were to buy it today but the remastered one is only $10.

I'm not a heavy gamer but I've spent plenty of time watching boyfriends, my husband, and son play Nintendo 64, PlayStation, and Wii. I really enjoyed this episode of DisPOP. My son's favorite game was Disney Princess Enchanted Journey for the Wii. He played it at home and at the hospital when he was going through treatment for leukemia. He was just starting to get into Disney Infinity for Wii right before he passed.

I'm not a heavy gamer but I've spent plenty of time watching boyfriends, my husband, and son play Nintendo 64, PlayStation, and Wii. I really enjoyed this episode of DisPOP. My son's favorite game was Disney Princess Enchanted Journey for the Wii. He played it at home and at the hospital when he was going through treatment for leukemia. He was just starting to get into Disney Infinity for Wii right before he passed.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have found comfort in your loving memories.

Very sorry for your loss - thank you for sharing the story

I thought this was a very intriguing Dis Pop episode. I was amazed at how few "bleeps" we actually heard. lol.

I actually didn't start playing game systems until my late 20's. For me it was all about the Zelda/Link games, either SNES or N64 systems (eventually the Wii). After a several year hiatus from the N64 (before the Wii), through some friends I got back into the game systems and got a PS3.

Outside of any Zelda/Link games, my all time favorite is going to be Kingdom Hearts. I love both Kingdom Hearts I and Kingdom Hearts II. Patiently waiting for the new one. While I wouldn't necessarily consider the Kingdom Heart games "retro", they are basically Disney themed and I think that is what drew me to them.

I've played games my entire life. Through the worst video games were my brothers and I chosen escape. They were so much to us that when our original Nintendo broke my grandmother search high and low until she found a working one. This was long after they were obsolete but for whatever reason she knew it meant a lot to us.

Now I don't game as much as I use to because life gets in the way but I still can turn a bad day around after playing an old favorite. Thankfully many of my old favorites have been remastered for the newer systems or are available on their e-markets.

I sucked at that game as a kid. Was thinking of checking the Wii U to see if it is available on the SNES emulator.

I used to play it on Game Boy - which I still have. My brother probably has the game cartridge, so if I feel like putting batteries in my Game Boy Pocket, I could see if I've gotten any better at it...

Not available on the market on Nintendo systems. Might just have to order the SNES and Genesis system so I can play them again. I agree with Ryno that the old 8-bit and 16-bits are easier to focus on.

I did find Star Tropics though so bought that to start playing.

Thank you for sharing. So sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing this story here. Big hugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter