DIS Pop is actually my favorite of the podcasts now.

I have not listened to the new podcast yet. As I said in another thread ryno is a star in the making.

In my opinion he should be groomed to be the replacement host when needed. He seems like a genuinely good human being.

If you have an hour to watch/listen to an episode, I highly recommend it. Ryno is an excellent host for the show, and he works very well with both Oliver and Craig.

I was critical of Ryno from day one. Recent things have changed that, such as these shows.

I think I offended him during yesterdays UO show, but it was my attempt at a compliment. He was monitoring chat And following along, but he did more. He seemed to fill into JL's role of keeping the show on track. Yes, the fun and games Ryno took a back seat to producer Ryno, I don't even think he sang more than once.

I will fax a copy of this over to Pete

I'm enjoying it but I couldn't pick a favorite, it would be like trying to pick a favorite child. I have been enjoying the Universal shows a lot lately, have no desire to go to the park but those guys just make me laugh the way they get off track all the time.
Completely agree with this. I find this show so entertaining. Entertaining enough that they have peaked my interest into actually looking into planning a trip there - something I never thought would happen.

And I love Dispop as well even though I am not into some of the stuff Ryno talks about. But it's Ryno, so he makes it all entertaining! BTW, his daily fix today was hilarious! He's such a natural.

I agree. Strong shows so far. Great personalities mixed with Disney pop culture. Good stuff to be sure

Today's episode ... field trips, drinks, comics, ghost post ... I can't even imagine what kind of insane editing work Ryno had to do to put that all together, but seriously, it was amazing!

Now this is how you do a podcast when the studio isn't available!!!!! I'm only lightly into dispop but bringing in those park extras and how this one was filmed was amazing!!!

Today's episode ... field trips, drinks, comics, ghost post ... I can't even imagine what kind of insane editing work Ryno had to do to put that all together, but seriously, it was amazing!

The HM episode was great! Really well edited too

I think my favorite part was when they were pulling into the parking lot of the Poly and Oliver said "we are going to get a non-alcoholic drink" and they cut to Ryno who is just shacking his head "no"

Awesome job, Ryno & Oliver, had fun watching you (even though - again - no real interest in the content, so that's REAL testament on how good you are!) :). Also - got to say - from the small glimpses we see - hot car, and awesomely decorated apartment, Ryno!! :)

Oh, and I posted this in a comment on the youtube page but given the HM love I know exists in this forum, thought I would post it here too:

"Just speculating but the Pirate connection in the Haunted Mansion comics might be the same connection for the proposed "mega theme" to link Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Tom Sawyer Island thought the pirate Jean Lafitte. Where you board the Pirate boats is called Lafitte Landing and on Tom Sawyer Island is Lafitte's Tavern. But there was to be more - most noticeable is a bricked up archway in the wall out front of the Haunted Mansion with 1764 carved above - that was to be a catacombs housing treasures of Lafitte. There is also Lafitte's anchor and at one point the plan was for Lafitte to be the owner of the mansion, but that got changed. In later stories Master Gracey had a "secret association" with Lafitte. Lastly, you can find a lot of props from a former exhibit about Andrew Jackson in the attic scene of the Haunted Mansion. Andrew Jackson of course having a strong and interesting relationship with Jean Lafitte connected to the Battle of New Orleans."

Oh, and I posted this in a comment on the youtube page but given the HM love I know exists in this forum, thought I would post it here too:

"Just speculating but the Pirate connection in the Haunted Mansion comics might be the same connection for the proposed "mega theme" to link Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Tom Sawyer Island thought the pirate Jean Lafitte. Where you board the Pirate boats is called Lafitte Landing and on Tom Sawyer Island is Lafitte's Tavern. But there was to be more - most noticeable is a bricked up archway in the wall out front of the Haunted Mansion with 1764 carved above - that was to be a catacombs housing treasures of Lafitte. There is also Lafitte's anchor and at one point the plan was for Lafitte to be the owner of the mansion, but that got changed. In later stories Master Gracey had a "secret association" with Lafitte. Lastly, you can find a lot of props from a former exhibit about Andrew Jackson in the attic scene of the Haunted Mansion. Andrew Jackson of course having a strong and interesting relationship with Jean Lafitte connected to the Battle of New Orleans."
Awesome insight, Phil - thanx (as usual) for sharing your cool knowledge! :)

Awesome insight, Phil - thanx (as usual) for sharing your cool knowledge! :)

That whole story just really fascinates me ... and I also read a lot of "Disney Fiction" (so Kingdom Keepers and others) and there is one in the "Deadliest Cast Member" series where it has that Walt actually built tunnels under Disneyland that connected a lot of areas - including a more or less fully realized Lafitte based attraction underneath the Haunted Mansion that connected to Tom Sawyer Island

That whole story just really fascinates me ... and I also read a lot of "Disney Fiction" (so Kingdom Keepers and others) and there is one in the "Deadliest Cast Member" series where it has that Walt actually built tunnels under Disneyland that connected a lot of areas - including a more or less fully realized Lafitte based attraction underneath the Haunted Mansion that connected to Tom Sawyer Island

"The Da Disney Code"

The video ep this week was great! A lot of work put into it.

The audio episode of Alice in Wondeland has a lot of audio things going on. Sounds like they are constantly messing with their microphones, but surely they are pros and wouldn't constantly fiddle with them while recording..
#justsayin
#stilllistening
#thanksshanghai

Watching the Haunted Mansion show while trying to work and no work is getting done :) I really would love the boxes to use in my Gifted classes the kids would go wild for them. Wish they were in my budget.

Oh goodness Dis Pop has turned me into a Ryno girl. Is that something to be proud of or ashamed of haha? Loving this podcast and look forward to more. This is very much up my ally and I wish I was going to MegaCon to be able to meet the guys. I think it is also nice to have someone closer to my age on the podcast since the nostalgia portions run the same vein.

Dis PoP is my jam! Although i'm not a Power Rangers fan, i'm right there with Ryno on everything else with the Pop Culture talk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter