Dis Old Fogies - Clubhouse is now open for Lasting Memories, Food Fights and Chats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy the weekend. It sounds great.

I'm heading out to my market very shortly. Then its houseclean time.
Tomorrow we have a bunch of engagements to make; the silly season is definitely upon us.

I'm hoping to get my Christmas tree up and get some more weeding done.

Not much on, really...:rolleyes1

DH & I always compete on who sees the first Christmas tree as we're out & about. I saw the first one today, in a neighbor's window. The weather has been pretty decent around here so a few folks put their lights up last weekend. We'll get our decorating done next weekend. Hope the weather stays good til then.

Hope you get everything done! :goodvibes

I'm on my way to pick up Darcy. More fun packing books!

I don't think we'll be buying a house. We just met with the architect. He's got way cooler layouts than any house we've seen! AND we get all the rooms and amenities we want.

:goodvibes

And now for the cost.....:faint:

I'm not even sure I know what Ho Hos and Crumb Cakes are. Twinkies...I do. Aren't they super sweet?

Ho Hos are thin chocolate cakes, rolled up jelly roll fashioned with sweet white cream, then covered with chocolate frosting. Yummy! I think Crumb cakes are plain yellow cakes with a crunchy topping. I don't like Twinkies. I need chocolate! :rotfl:

Told DH we're gonna have to decide which to eat now: Little Debbie's or Entemann's. Guess we'll have to do some taste testing. :scratchin

Ho Hos are a flat chocolate cake spread with a whipped cream type filling and rolled up rouladen style. Crumb cakes are vanilla cakes topped with a cinnamon crumb topping.

All of them are super sweet, even Wonder Bread.

Ho Hos are thin chocolate cakes, rolled up jelly roll fashioned with sweet white cream, then covered with chocolate frosting. Yummy! I think Crumb cakes are plain yellow cakes with a crunchy topping. I don't like Twinkies. I need chocolate! :rotfl:

Told DH we're gonna have to decide which to eat now: Little Debbie's or Entemann's. Guess we'll have to do some taste testing. :scratchin

A chocolate version of the Swiss roll. Okay. We have something similar here only without the chocolate topping.

Too late...people are now hoarding them with the news that the company will most likely close it's doors.

I might head to the USAFood store in Melbourne to see if they have any.

But then....maybe not. What I don't know or have never tasted before won't hurt me.

And the suzy Q's! They may be trying to dole things out to other companies to still manufacture. We will have to wait and see.

I read something where it said that Hostess was planning on auctioning off certain product names and recipes, so we may still have Twinkies and such down the line.

It sounds like these products are such institutions in the US supermarkets that someone will buy them up.

Well Mother's bakery went out of business, but somehow the pink and white coated animal crackers are back on the shelves so we should have faith. On the ride up to our meeting we were listening to the news, and this story was bigger than the hearings on Benghazi! :rotfl2:

Well Mother's bakery went out of business, but somehow the pink and white coated animal crackers are back on the shelves so we should have faith. On the ride up to our meeting we were listening to the news, and this story was bigger than the hearings on Benghazi! :rotfl2:

Or the Hamas/Isreali bombings going on? :confused3

WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter