Dis Old Fogies - Clubhouse is now open for Lasting Memories, Food Fights and Chats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Fran rests up and feels better tomorrow.

Your dinner sounds nice. I love pea and ham soup but sadly don't make here because DH wouldn't eat it.

I would be all over the ham part, but I don't like peas. I make a killer ham bone soup (at least I sort of like it, hopefully Fran does too). Your DH wouldn't like my soup either.

franandaj said:
I would be all over the ham part, but I don't like peas. I make a killer ham bone soup (at least I sort of like it, hopefully Fran does too). Your DH wouldn't like my soup either.

Yum! Now I want to make some ham bone soup!!!

Alison,
I think Fran probably DOES want to be there. My guess is that she is trying to suck it up and do all the stuff she WANTS to do but doesn't feel like doing. I'm sure she is having an internal battle trying to convince herself she CAN and WILL do it no matter how bad it hurts. But sometimes the pain just takes over... no matter how hard you try to push thru... :hugs:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Good morning! I need to leave shortly. How is everyone? I hope you , Tracey, and Fran feel better today?

Ok, I may pop in from time to time since I qualify...I mean, really, who asks for an AARP membership for their birthday? :rotfl2: (Me, because I am finally admitting to being over 50...and yes, I have been on a few Magic Carpet Rides and Magical Mystery Tours over the years...am I allowed to say stuff like that? :lmao:)
Beautiful kitchen by the way!! :lovestruc

Welcome njmom47! Pull up a rocker and chat a while. And that AARP card can be pretty handy for discounts on rental cars, especially at WDW!

Thanks Tracey! I have to believe she did want to come on this trip. I gave her plenty of options to turn the car around and go home. Right now we're just kicking it in the room before the 10AM drive.

Ok, I may pop in from time to time since I qualify...I mean, really, who asks for an AARP membership for their birthday? :rotfl2: (Me, because I am finally admitting to being over 50...and yes, I have been on a few Magic Carpet Rides and Magical Mystery Tours over the years...am I allowed to say stuff like that? :lmao:)

Come on in and join the fun, but you need to show us your AARP. Wasn't that a requirement on the front page..I mean the front door? Oh, heck I better go back and see if I qualify....

Alison,
I think Fran probably DOES want to be there. My guess is that she is trying to suck it up and do all the stuff she WANTS to do but doesn't feel like doing. I'm sure she is having an internal battle trying to convince herself she CAN and WILL do it no matter how bad it hurts. But sometimes the pain just takes over... no matter how hard you try to push thru... :hugs:

Very wise words I'm sure from experience.

Welcome to your new Magical Mysterey trip, jump right in the water is fine.pixiedust:

Welcome!!

AARP membership qualifies for discounts....:thumbsup2

It's going to be a long week as my brother is getting some tough love from the family. I hope he wakes up and smells the coffee, but I doubt that will happen.:sad2:

It's going to be a long week as my brother is getting some tough love from the family. I hope he wakes up and smells the coffee, but I doubt that will happen.:sad2:

Tough love is never easy, but hopefully the results will be worth it. :hug:

Thanks for the hugs. There's always something to deal with when it comes to DB and it's been harder to deal with since my mom passed away fourteen years ago.

I think we've mostly finished decorating in here.....time to check out the kitchen!

Here's breakfast from yesterday.

DH had the polenta with poached eggs and decorations...

0929Breakfast011.jpg

Our friend had the banana pancakes with ice cream.

0929Breakfast008.jpg

DS decided on the eggs romano.

0929Breakfast012.jpg

I went with the lumberjack; pancakes, egg and bacon....who could resist? ;)

0929Breakfast014.jpg

Let's not forget about lattes.....

0929Breakfast005.jpg

And an ice chocolate!

0929Breakfast007.jpg

princess::upsidedow

The good thing about going to breakfast with friends and family with a camera is that they get to eat it and I get to be hungry afterwards! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter