DIS not compatible with IE 9?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Disney Addicted, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Disney Addicted

Disney Addicted DIS Veteran

I upgraded to Internet Explorer 9, and since then I have not been able to access disboards. (I'm currently using my husband's laptop with IE 8).

When I try, all that is displayed is the top portion of DIS (silver background) that shows the name and 15 year banner. I also get the rest of the background (light blue with darker blue rays shooting through), but that is it. I forgot to mention the arrow just keeps spinning around by disboards name (address bar), indicating that it's loading but of course never finishes.

For those curious, I delete the computer's cookies, history, everything at least twice a day if not more. And I have restarted the computer.

Please help! Is there something the board needs to do for IE 9 to allow IE 9 access to DIS? Although I do not seem to have trouble with any other web pages so far...

2. rcchello

rcchello DIS Veteran

It is IE10 on Windows 8 and it works fine on all my windows 8 PCs with disboards. One PC came with Windows 8 preinstalled and the other an upgrade from Windows 7.

Also have you tried IE from the desktop as well as the start page. It may work better in one version than the other. IE from the desktop will look just like the prior versions where the one from the start page is the newer interface.

This was posted from IE10 on Windows 8.

3. rcchello

rcchello DIS Veteran

Re-read your post. I remember having some problem with IE9 and Disboards because of screwed up security levels on an upgrade. You may need to go to internet options/Security and lower the level to Medium. Can't promise anything, but IE9 will work with disboards. You could also try Internet Options/Advanced/Reset if the above does not work for you.