DIS Group Meet - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by angtomczak, Jun 17, 2009.

1. angtomczak

angtomczak Earning My Ears

I'm just looking for suggestions on convenient meet-up time and place. What worked for you?

We're working on it within our group, but we seem to be having trouble coordinating around pool openings, the drill, early dinners, sail away party, etc. :confused:

We've scheduled it for 3:30 at the Goofy Pool, but then someone said the drills start then.

Do the meet-ups really ever happen? Or do you just get too busy?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

Out of all or our DCL cruises, meeting at 3:00pm in the Promenade Lounge has always worked the best. By mid-afternoon the pool areas are getting crowded, so probably not the best idea. The lifeboat drill starts at 4:00, so meeting at 3:00 gives you about 45 minutes before everyone needs to get back to their cabins to get life jackets.

4. PrincessaJasmine

PrincessaJasmine Mouseketeer

Do not meet at any of the pool areas. Our group met at the Mickey pool and it was very crowded and extremely noisy. It was difficult to hold conversations with kids running around. The Promenade Lounge sounds perfect.

PJ

5. sunshine1259

sunshine1259 DIS Veteran

For our cruise meet, we met at the Promenade Lounge, but it was in the evening I believe after the second seating for dinner. It worked great, because there were very few people there and most of the group was able to meet.

6. brucechase

brucechase DIS Veteran

We did it at 3:00 in the Promenade lounge too - or so I was told. We got so busy we forgot all about it. By the time we made it there, it was close to 3:30 and almost everyone had left.

7. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The safety drill starts at 4, but ship services stop about 3:30.

The "standard" time is about 3. Locations with good/bad points are:
    Goofy pool--pick a side Noisy, hard to converse...kids don't have to get out of pool and both mom and dad (kids if they desire) can attend meet

Promenade lounge--good seating, most hall traffic is finished by this time. Kids have to get out of pool or one parent has to stay and supervise them. Good seating, but makes mixing/hearing harder. They gave us a microphone on 5/30 cruise!

Outside Studio Sea--no seating makes mingling easier. Kids can't stay in pool or one parent must stay with them. Most noise from boarding is over by this time.

8. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

We used to do them at 3pm up on deck 10 mid-ship. That worked great before the dumbotron but can be a little noisy now and also some people can't stand the heat.

We've moved our last two to 3pm in the Promenade lounge and that has worked great.

Here is the image I made to help people.

[​IMG]

We've had some great turnouts and have even managed to take a group picture which was really hard up on deck 10.

9. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo <font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I agree.
    Previous cruises we've done multiple with in the terminal and deck 10 -- most people couldn't make the meet in the terminal and we personally couldn't stand the heat on deck 10. I'm pretty sure others couldn't either so it was never all of us there "at once" type thing- it was some people coming and going the entire time.

This last cruise we did in the terminal for those that arrived early and in promenade lounge at 3pm. I personally felt the promenade lounge at 3pm worked way better than on deck 10. Yes our youngest was in the pool and yes she came to the meet in the promenade lounge in her swimsuit- so what? :lmao:

10. angtomczak

angtomczak Earning My Ears

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :worship:

11. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Nothing wrong with kid coming in a swim suit....my remark was about the difficulty of getting kid out of pool or needing to leave spouse to watch kid who stayed in pool.

Kid not wanting to get out of pool = mom stress

12. Pumba's Dad

Pumba's Dad Mouseketeer

I had gotten our group Lime Green Name Tags and sent them before the cruise to everyone. We met at 2 pm at the Ice Cream Machine. Funny to see the kids yelling, "there's someone else with a green nametag!!"

After meeting everyone, we had ice cream.

13. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo <font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate DIS Lifetime Sponsor

LOL
    My post was not in reference to anything you wrote- I hadn't even read your post! :)

Yeah she didn't really want to get out- but honestly for any meets we have (regardless of where they are) she's had to get out of the pool. But we've never had a meet scheduled right by the pool either- always deck 10 prior to this cruise.... and she knows she'll have plenty of time in the pool throughout the cruise. :)

14. LC30

LC30 DIS Veteran

What a great idea! How did you make the name tag? Is it just a adhesive label?

15. Pumba's Dad

Pumba's Dad Mouseketeer

It was a lime green neck wallet and I made the name tags with a label maker. I got the neck wallets from a screen shop for $1.00 and bought the cards. It was part of my fish extender gift to everyone.

I'll see if I can find a photo of it and post.

16. MrsJobba1

MrsJobba1 <font color=blue>I swoon @ the very mention of his

I'm another vote for 3pm at the promanade lounge !:thumbsup2

17. Pumba's Dad

Pumba's Dad Mouseketeer

[​IMG]

click on the image to see our name tags.

18. LC30

LC30 DIS Veteran

Very cool! Thank you for posting it.

19. Pooh_Friend#1

Pooh_Friend#1 <font color=blue>Check out my year round tan!</fon

I thought our meet at 3:00 in the promenade lounge worked out great.

20. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

when I did a my back-to-back 3:00pm in the Promenade Lounge worked out great both times

21. sandiegosusie

sandiegosusie DIS Veteran

Where did you order your neck wallets from? What a great gift...:surfweb: