DIS-ers, you decide where I stay! Come vote and pick my resort!

Where should I stay?

• AKL

• CSR

• Pop

Results are only viewable after voting.

BanditsMommy

Mouseketeer
I posted this first in the Resort Changers thread, but I thought it might be easier to see the votes in a separate thread. Pick from one of these three options, please.

Okay, all of these glowing reviews have swayed me, so I think I have my final 3 options: AKL (request room near lobby), CSR (preferred - near food and lobby), or Pop (preferred). AKL would be $400 more than where I am now at POR, CSR is another $50, and I'd get money back if I switched to Pop. I am ruling POR and POFQ out, the former due to the preferred rooms being sold out, and the latter because it is not discounted and is almost the same price as AKL.

Since I can't be trusted to make this decision, I am going to decide entirely based on your votes. I asked this question and I really started to tally the results people were giving me, so I figured I'd run with that idea and give my fellow DIS-ers the chance to pick my resort. Last time I called it took the CM a while to figure out which was the current version of my reservation in the system and I'm clearly not going to make a decision on my own.

I trust all of my fellow indecisive dis-ers to make this decision since I have never stayed in any of these resorts and honestly can't say I prefer one to any other. I'd be happy to stay at any of these resorts so give me your honest opinion. It's in your hands now. :-)

I posted this first in the Resort Changers thread, but I thought it might be easier to see the votes in a separate thread. Pick from one of these three options, please.

Okay, all of these glowing reviews have swayed me, so I think I have my final 3 options: AKL (request room near lobby), CSR (preferred - near food and lobby), or Pop (preferred). AKL would be $400 more than where I am now at POR, CSR is another $50, and I'd get money back if I switched to Pop. I am ruling POR and POFQ out, the former due to the preferred rooms being sold out, and the latter because it is not discounted and is almost the same price as AKL.

Since I can't be trusted to make this decision, I am going to decide entirely based on your votes. I asked this question and I really started to tally the results people were giving me, so I figured I'd run with that idea and give my fellow DIS-ers the chance to pick my resort. Last time I called it took the CM a while to figure out which was the current version of my reservation in the system and I'm clearly not going to make a decision on my own.

I trust all of my fellow indecisive dis-ers to make this decision since I have never stayed in any of these resorts and honestly can't say I prefer one to any other. I'd be happy to stay at any of these resorts so give me your honest opinion. It's in your hands now. :-)

Ooh that's a toughie! Personally, I'd rule out Pop. Stayed there once and didn't like it at all. Luv, luv, LUV AK (how could you not with all those giraffes hanging around!):cool1: and have stayed at CS a few times as the price was right :thumbsup2. If price isn't a big deal, I'd definitely go with AK though, it's just so unique. pixiedust:

Well I haven't stayed at AKL BUT I've visited and eaten there and I LOVED IT! That's my vote!

I've stayed at all 3, and while I love CSR, I think AKL is a must-try. I stayed there in
September, and would stay there again, no question. If money isn't an issue, go deluxe!

The preferred rooms at POR are not that big of an advantage, unless there is a special reason you need to be right next to the main building. You could fax a request to stay as close to the main building as possible in a regular room, if that's what you are looking for. I'd just stay with what you have already reserved!

I only wanted preferred wherever I go because I am still recovering from a foot injury and I wanted to minimize the walking outside of the parks. Otherwise I would absolutely stick with my POR reservation.

Absolutely AKL. $400 for an upgrade to Deluxe is well worth it in my opinion :thumbsup2

My choice wasn't a choice. POFQ - I think it is one of the greatest resorts on WDW property. 6 more days and I will be there!!!!!!!!

As much as I love the Coronado (we'll be back for our tenth stay the day after tomorrow), after haveing stayed at the AKL last year, I would pick that in a heartbeat. I can't pick Pop because I can't do values; nothing against them, they just don't fit my vacation style.

We love AKL. I admit I'm not a Value person, and POR is our fav moderate.
What room category were you going to book at AKL? If its savana view, I'd say the rooms closest to the lobby aren't the best views. I'd request 2nd pod of rooms for savanna views.

Assuming that you ruled out POFQ because the discount wasn't as high as the discount for POR, I would be curious to know the price difference between POFQ and AKL. I love AKL, but love POFQ equally. Sounds like you love POR, but are concerned about the walking. To me, POFQ is the best of both worlds for you. It is half the size of POR and requesting a room close to food court also gets you close to the only bus stop and the main pool.

AKL may be deluxe, but it is still a very big resort.

We've been to WDW 3 times as a family. Oddly enough, we've stayed at the three resorts you are deciding between. My choice would be AKL, hands down. That being said, we are going in June and will stay at CSR again, unless we get a good deal on a deluxe. Won't stay at Pop again...I know lots of people absolutely love it, but I found the beds so uncomfortable, walls paper thin, and bus service very slow compared to the other two.

I have stayed at POFQ and yes I know that you aren't staying there but it was very nice. I would go back there. I would rule out Pop because of 1) It is a value and the others are nicer so I would go to at least a moderate. And 2) I just dont really like the values because, in my opinion, they look tacky. Now, I have stayed at CSR and it was nice. I have not personally stayed at AKL but I have heard from family that it is really nice and cool to get to see all the animals right there. So I would pick either the AKL or CSR. But I have to pick one, so I will pick CSR.

Thanks to everyone who voted! I am confident that you guys made the right decision! I am now booked at AKL in a standard view room! :-) There was a lot of enthusiasm for AKL so I'm really excited to stay there now. I'll let you know how it goes in a TR soon <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter