Dis-ers, dis-ers, everywhere?? Hey, where's Waldo?? The End & Final Thoughts

I haven't been back to AK in quite a while, and it was so fun to "go" with your family for a few minutes! ;)
Loving your TR - keep 'em coming!

Sabrina- The kids did quite well with the time change. We let them have 6 hours of sleep on travel day and EE slept 3 hours on the plane. They went to sleep around 10:30 on the first night. From that point on, they were acclimated to the new time zone. Now that we're home, they're all messed up. EE is down at 7:00pm and up at 5:30am. Minnie is back on regular time.

Kathymc- Thank you! Minnie does have different look to her. She got a great tan this summer. We put in a pool, so we all came to Florida with a tan! My DS is otherwise a huge photo ham. As soon as we stepped on Disney property, he refused to look at the camera. I got a few shots to be added later in the story.

Disneyland_Mama said:
Whoever said "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" is full of it. I've no plans to return. I don't know what they put in the water there.
:rotfl2:

Disneyland_Mama said:
We head into the lobby where we are leid. No, no people.. I don't want to get leid, I want to be focked!
:rotfl:

Disneyland_Mama said:
I'm a little nervous about writing this TR, considering the excellent and witty writing skills of my predecessors; UtahMama, PrincessV, Sorul82?, GMax and other limeys.
No worries. You're doing great! (Not to mention posting more frequently than some others who shall not be named!)

Super report! Enjoying the pictures :thumbsup2

We've subscribed. :sunny:

Jean & Chris

Day 2 Continued:
We arrive back at the Poly, completely melting. I'm sweating from places I had no idea had the ability to sweat. We peel our clothes of and throw on the swimsuits. I think about how gross that is, but I don't care. I'm sure I am swimming in everyone else's sweat water. :confused3 The more the merrier, I always say. :teeth:

WDWPics2009.jpg

So, we swim for awhile and decide to head back to our room for a nap. As soon as we make into our longhouse, the heavens open up and drench the joint. Haha! We just made it. We nap, shower and dress for dinner at Epcot. We jump on the Monorail and head on over. Have I mentioned that I love, love, love Epcot? :love: We're early for dinner, so we do a little touring. We enter the Mexico pavillion and whoa! It's like we're in Olvera Street! Familiar territory... we all have a good laugh. It's funny how they portray the Mexican culture. Everything is so loud and gawdy. We ride the Rio del Tiempo. We're 3rd generation Hispanic, and this ride makes us realize how disconnected we are from our culture. We all enjoy the ride and it makes us nostalgic for Grandma's homemade food. Can you just smell the fresh tortillas? If you've never had homemade, handmade tortillas, you're missing out. They are something not to be missed in a lifetime. They melt in your mouth... just like butah!

WDWPics2007.jpg

That's me with the bra strap showing... tacky, huh?
We head over to France, not realizing how dang far it is! We check in for dinner at Le Chefs de France. We are seated immediately. This is not a good sign. Our server, Gaelle was wonderful. She was so attentive and sweet to our kidlets. Props to Gaelle! The food on the other, was less than par. I started with the goat cheese and tomato tart. I'm thinking, tart... smallish, right? Nope, it was a pizza. It had the most bitter tomato sauce and these small rounds of cheese. I just picked off the cheese, yum-o. My main course I had a porkchop that was so tough, I couldn't even eat it. The best part of the meal was dessert. I had these little puffs filled with Chocolate/Cinnamon ice cream. It was to die for. Also, Minnie's kiddie salad came with this cheesy poof thing. That was awesome! Total for dinner: $216.04 Thanks dining plan!
We leave Chefs and we're getting our strollers together, when a group of 3 ladies call to us "Dis-er!" Joe immediately points to me. "She is" he grunts. Thanks alot caveman! They're off before I can say..."Hey, I'm DisneylandMama... and you are....?? So, I grab my camera and take a photo of them walking off. So if this is you in the lime green shirt with black capris and the other 2 in Tink shirts... HI!

WDWPics027.jpg

We head toward Morocco. Minnie spots Aladdin and must take a photo w/ him, since she was Jasmine last Halloween and he is sans the *real* Jasmine.

WDWPics028.jpg

We head over to Japan. We love Japan. My SIL is 1/2 Japanese and because of her, we are really familiar with this culture. We shop in the huge gift shop, steering Minnie clear of the Hello Kitty corner. What's up with that? I turn and find.... OMG!!! My beloved toy from my childhood... Monnchichi!! I show Joe the little monkey that made my life complete as a child. I start to sing the song, "Monnchichi, Monnchichi.. oh so soft and cuddly... Joe looks and me, does the eyeroll :rolleyes: and walks away. Thanks, alot caveman!

WDWPics031.jpg

We're ready to leave Japan... oh man, where's Waldo. Oh he's right behind me. Ok, good. Now where's Waldo's wife? Of course, she's buying something we could buy in Little Tokyo in LA for half the price. Whateva'. I'm outta here.

WDWPics3021.jpg

We take a few photos out front and continue 'round the WS.

WDWPics032.jpg

My very own Monchichi!
We ask Waldo if he wants to see the American Adventure. He says no, I ask "Why, 'cause you can remember it? :lmao: Joe looks at me and we laugh. Poor Waldo.
We head into Italy... we do the Griswald neck thingy and move on.

WDWPics037.jpg

Next stop, Germany. Little EE spys the Mini Train display. He's completely enchanted. Trains are his bag, baby. We have to drag EE from the train thingy with the bribery of a toy train. Minnie remembers her Kidcot stuff, so she and I hit that and Joe, EE and Walt are looking around the toy store for a toy train. Ok, hello... Germany? They have a huge train display and now the toy store doesn't have any kind of train toy in it???? What's up with that? Darn you, Germany. Little EE is freaking out. I pick him up and put him in the sleeper hold and he's out in 5. Sleep, my pretty, sleep. We're ready to leave Germany and guess who we can't find? Ding, ding, ding.... you win a prize. WALDO! Oh, Nini says, he went to the bathroom. Ok, which bathroom? Hmmm.... we wait, and wait... Finally we give up and head to China. And who do we see in China.... Waldo. He says he figured we'd figure to move to the next pavillion. Lord give me the strength to not have a full toddler tantrum right now. Breathe in, breathe out. Yoga positions... downward dog...bending tree... namaste. I made that up in case any of you Yogi. We hit Norway and ride Maelstrom. I tell Minnie, I don't think there's a drop. I think it's just about trolls and such. Hello, that ride freaked her out. Sorry, Minnie.
We find a spot for Illuminations just past Mexico. Little EE is asleep and Minnie and I want to do some shopping before IRE starts in 30 mins. We head to the first store in search of toys... no toys, but we find Waldo in there. Uh, oh... Mama has to use the potty. We run to the nearest restroom and start back and find a toy store. We find Tinkerbell Polly Pocket dolls for Minnie and a Disney bus with Mickey and Goofy for Little EE. I call Joe and he tells me to get back to our spot NOW. Uh-oh... he used the tone. The tone that tells me, *I'm losing it and you need to come and calm me down* I'm almost afraid to go back. Let's see.. what could it be.... did he lose Waldo? I haven't spent THAT much money... does he have tummy issues??? Me and Minnie high tail it back to Joe and company......

Disneyland_Mama said:
Day 2 Continued:........
*I'm losing it and you need to come and calm me down* I'm almost afraid to go back. Let's see.. what could it be.... did he lose Waldo? I haven't spent THAT much money... does he have tummy issues??? Me and Minnie high tail it back to Joe and company......

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Let's see, she's got 2 young kids, she'll be up early, crap! then she has to make breakfast, get them dressed...maybe her DH cooks?...she'll have to do chores....

Hanging in suspense,
Jean

I just have to say that you have the most adorable and beautiful children I have ever seen! I am loving your report and photos!!!! :thumbsup2

Yeahhhh! I found you! You are on FI-Yah!

LOOK at your babies!!! Your DS has cheeks, I tell you what! (We should hook up our toddlers some time! THAT would be a FUNNY play date! MY DD2 could out scream your EE with her eye's closed...wait, You know what I mean!)

You ALL look adorable!

I love how Waldo takes over and has no idea about ADR's etc! You are a patient woman!

I remember Monchichis too! I can still hear their commercial in my head!

Thank You for the cameos! I'm all reading, then, BAM! There I am on yer TR! I'm flattered!

I've been to Olvero Street!!! It has alot of that stuff that's at the Mexican Pavillion. I had purchased some wool blankets in LA for like $10.00 for 2 and the Epcot version is $30.00 for 1! I actually love some of the folk art! I felt nostalgic for "home"!! There's so much I miss about California (sigh)!

I'm subscribing so I wont neglect you again! If I do, PM me, I dont want to miss anything! (I dig Joe's "attitude"!)

Love Ya!
UtahMama

It's almost 3pm and this is my first chance to post on the dis. Last night was terrible. DS took a nasty fall right into the coffee table and gashed his eye open. Trip #2 to the ER this year for him. 4 stitches. He made daddy proud, and mama cry. One am DS is up with fever and vomiting. Does he have a concussion? Back to the ER, no concussion, he has an acute ear infection. This poor kiddo. Back from the ER and kiddo is resting comfortably with a dvd.

Shout outs first:

Daisy77: It wasn't meant to be a cliffhanger, but I just got to darn tired last night to finish :confused3 :rotfl: Thanks for reading!

jonestavern: Sorry for leavin' ya hanging! :smooth:

Fairy_tale_bride: Thank you, thank you! It helps that they're both hams! They love the camera.

UM: Oh me, oh my! Now I'm nervous... you are the queen of TR's ::yes:: :wizard: I am humbled that you are enjoying my TR. I'm not worthy!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

ET: Whatever you wanna call it, sister. All I know is my underwear was sticking to my buns! :rotfl2:

New installment today.... :thumbsup2

Ouch! :grouphug: If it isn't one thing it's another when you've got kids. We just basically stuck our coffee table in storage until they turned 3-4 years old. Too many bumps and my coffe table has rounded edges. They still manage to do damage! :)

Hope your son is feeling better soon and you manage to get some sleep. :goodvibes

Minnie and I rush back to Joe and company to find out what is going on. Joe and Waldo are laughing. What the....?? What's going on?? :bitelip: I come to find out a highly inebriated young Aussie tries to pick a fight with Waldo, a 71 year old man! I guess Joe and company were "saving" our spot along the lake thingy for IRE, oh and we happened to score a table, too. Well this guy and his family just horn in on our table. Waldo politely tells this man, "We're saving this spot for our family." Only to be told by Mr. Drunk Aussie, "You can't save spots." So now Waldo gets all Mr. T on Aussie man and yells at him, "Hey fool, I told you, I'm saving this spot." So drunk Aussie, get up in the old mans face and Joe to the rescue. Joe gets ghetto on Aussie man and starts laying into Aussie man about his manners and to respect the old man. Now a secret about Joe; he looks really mean, he has a dark goatee and wears sunglasses, all the time. But I know he is just a big 'ol softy. Joe tells me a refuses to swear in WDW.... how funny, huh? Well, Aussie man senses Joes ghetto quality and moves on.... not without giving Waldo and Joe the bird. :rotfl2: I ask Joe, why did you make me rush over here when I was enjoying my shopping spree. Oh, he says, I just wanted to tell you what just happened while my adrenalin is still pumping. What a goof ball! :joker: We all regroup for Illuminations. The first bursts of fireworks, Little EE wakes from his slumber. "Ohhhh... feutiful, pireworse" he says. Yes, EE, beautiful fireworks. What a beautiful story/show. The show ends and our cheeks are hurting from smiling so much. What a great way to end our day. We head back to the Monorail and back to the resort. While were on the monorail, I show Little EE my purchase for him. He takes it looks at it, gives it back and says. "No, want Ronorail." ARGHHHHHH!! :bitelip: Ok, let's stop in the gift shop and we find a dye cast Monorail for him. He's happy. :love: Back to the room for baths and bed time. What a great day! :sunny:

I think.... AK is too hot. I think sweaty underwear is gross. I think I still love Epcot. I think Le Chefs, sucks, except for the dessert. I think the CM in WDW are nicer than DLR. I think Germany needs to sell toy trains. I think Aussie guy shouldn't drink I think I need to actually meet a disser, soon.

Where's Waldo count for Day 2: 3
Waldo: 0
Me: 1

Next up: LOMH at MK and Minnies afternoon @ BBB. princess: And I finally actually get to speak to a fellow Limey! :bounce:

I speak "toddler"!!! Thanks for letting us "hear" EE's cute voice!

I would have LOVED the confrontation with the drunk Aussie. THAT would have been funny! Overweight white-bread mama from Downey California going all ghetto! I love the 2 times in my life I gotta get in someones's face!

I love BOYS! Give them something with wheels and they're happy. Doesn't work with girls. They require expensive pink bribes! OR, mama-daughter time at BBB! Cant WAIT!

Okay, UM - we apparently have a new addition to our "needs-to-be-exorcised 2 year old" support group. :rotfl2:

DLM - Loving your TR - thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Disneyland_Mama said:

:hyper: Oh my God, my little Monchhichi!! I had one of those when I was young, LOVED it to bits, brought it everywhere. It broke my heart when his fur ripped and the beans started coming out. I remember trying to stitch it time and time again but it just kept losing weight until it was skin and bone, well you know, padding-less. I was so sad. I had no idea they sold them in WS. Thank you!! I'm gonna get myself one - a cousin of my dearly departed one! I mean, would ya just look at the guy on the right sucking his thumb - you just don't get cuter than that.

Disneyland_Mama said:
DS took a nasty fall right into the coffee table and gashed his eye open. Trip #2 to the ER this year for him. 4 stitches. He made daddy proud, and mama cry. One am DS is up with fever and vomiting. Does he have a concussion? Back to the ER, no concussion, he has an acute ear infection. This poor kiddo. Back from the ER and kiddo is resting comfortably with a dvd.

Oh no. :guilty: Poor little guy. I hope he'll feel all better soon. What a horrible ordeal for all of you. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter