DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ladies! Stopping in to say hi! It's been HOT :scared1: up here. Heard its been hot down in DL as well. I think September and October is hotter than July nowadays! :confused:

We have a family trip planned for late December! Can't wait!:santa: And it shouldn't be hot! :thumbsup2

Hi Becci!

Nice to see you!

Had a wonderful weekend with the Divas! So wonderful to see you guys. :grouphug:

Got lots done on the scavvy hunt! :cheer2:

Everyone seemed to like the tee shirt design, so it is a go! :thumbsup2
As soon as the design has been refined, I will have Beth help me post it on here. :cool1:

On another note, I'm making French Onion soup for dinner. It smells wonderful in here. :snooty:

Howdy all! I'm back from my long weekend up in Portland where the weather was GORGEOUS. 78 - 80 degrees and SUNNY the whole time! Came home to 100 degrees. Ick. But, at least it's a dry heat. When I was at DL in August it was in the upper 80's but the humidity was AWFUL. It felt like WDW!

My neighbor came over yesterday to install the new ceiling fan and a new faucet in the master bath/shower. Ceiling fan went in, no problem. Got the old faucet handle thing off and found out that the eediots that installed the shower took some "shortcuts" and jacked it up so that we can't replace the faucet without tearing out the tub surround wall. Seriously? Ugh. So replacing the faucet assembly (which is starting to have issues) went from a $150 job to a $950 job because if I'm ripping stuff out, I'm getting a new tub in there too. So that's on hold for about a year probably. Hope the faucet hangs in there..... It's also pushed getting the other bathroom done to the top of the list, the plan is to have that done before Thanksgiving.

Oh, here's a funny though. After putting the faucet handle assembly back on, I had to re-seal/caulk it. Well, you aren't supposed to expose the sealant to water for 36 hours. That's our only shower. And we don't have a gym membership. LOL So I did a little redneck repair with a trash bag and duct tape. *snort* Gotta love it.

So I've been kinda cranky the past 2 days and have spent a lot of time on the WDW side, immersing myself in plans for my WDW trip in FIFTY TWO DAYS! SQUEAL! I can't believe the Diva mini meet is just two weeks from Friday! DOUBLE SQUEAL!

So that's all that's going on here. The thrills never end......

tinkermell said:
Hi Becci!

Nice to see you!

Had a wonderful weekend with the Divas! So wonderful to see you guys. :grouphug:

As soon as the design has been refined, I will have Beth help me post it on here. :cool1:

On another note, I'm making French Onion soup for dinner. It smells wonderful in here. :snooty:

I can't seem to see the design on the facebook page...

Is the design on FB? I am confused.

Lisa that faucet rehab sounds like a pain. Good luck with it!

Is the design on FB? I am confused.
I am so sorry for the confusion.:upsidedow

I showed the ladies last weekend the design in person, and asked for their approval. They seemed happy, so now I need my son Derrick to finish it up. It was a pretty rough draft. Maybe if I can figure it out, I will get that image on here anyway.

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Hump Day!!

You really should go since you don't know exactly whats wrong with your foot. Better to be safe than sorry.
Hmmm, maybe you're right. We'll see. I just hate doctors. And, with only one car, it's such a hassle to go. I'll look and see if there are any podiatrists near me.

Jen, I can't believe you did the Tough Mudder. :worship: My co-worker did that race this past weekend and was describing it - everything from the plunge into ice cold water to crawling under high voltage wire! :faint:
:scared1:

Hey Ladies! Stopping in to say hi!
Hi, Becci! Always good to see you.

I loved the design! So cute!!

Howdy all! I'm back from my long weekend up in Portland where the weather was GORGEOUS.
So jealous! Hey, did you go to VooDoo Donuts and order the special shaped donut? :rolleyes1

It hasn't been posted anywhere yet, she just showed a rough draft to a few of us that met up at DL this past weekend. It's cute and I think everyone will love it! Once it's been touched up a bit more, then it will be posted here for all to see. :thumbsup2

(oops, I see Mel already answered that. lol)

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Not much to report. I turned in a few MORE applications last week (one for a substitute position, and two for para-educator positions). Just so you know, I'm not holding my breath....as that would be entirely too dangerous. :rotfl:

At least I keep trying, right?

I went shopping yesterday and actually bought some cute things for myself (Well, as cute as they can be when you're chubby like me. :goodvibes ) And I didn't even feel guilty about it. The only bummer was that a particular song I used in my dad's memorial slide show started playing in the store and it made me tear up. A song that you NEVER hear. Like, ever. It totally caught me off guard. :blush:

Oh, and I'm down to the 2 WEEK mark until we go on vacation! YAY! :cheer2:

Melody - Can't wait to see the shirt design! Glad you had fun this weekend seeing the girls. :cheer2:

Lisa - Sorry about the shower faucet fiasco. Love your redneck solution though - HA! :thumbsup2

Becci - Hey missy, great to see you here! :thumbsup2

Beth - Hope your foot is feeling better! :flower3:

Katie - How are you? Hope the move went well. :hug:

Cheryl - So glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope your PT goes well! :hug:

Hello ladies!! This was a post from Melody on Facebook, but I am copying it here as well for those few who aren't on FB. :)
Mel, I sent you a PM. Let me know about the info on size and bling or no bling. Thanks!

I found the guy who usually prints my stuff up. Yay, he moved to a new location. Whew! Some of you were interested in a hoodie with last year's design, so I asked about making up zippered hoodies from the "DisDivaland" image. (This should not be confused with this years new Carsland themed shirt, that will be a separate order at a later time.)
If interested, they will be printed on your choice of either dark navy blue or black. I picked out a nicer quality sweatshirt, since this could be something used for years. All sizes are available for the sweatshirt, but there will be no bling added to any items printed. (Unless you do it yourself after you receive it)

Here are links to some of the items available along with the sizing information. Please keep in mind the prices you will see listed here do NOT include the cost of printing so those prices will vary. More info on that is on our Facebook page or can be sent to you in a PM. No prices can be discussed here. Thanks.

Tote
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=767

Zip Sweatshirt True Navy
http://www.companycasuals.com/smith...265_TrueNavy_model_front.jpg&swatch=True+Navy

Pullover Hoody
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=111192

Full zip No Hood
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=17719

Womens Pant
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=6282291

We need at least 12 orders to print them up, and that can include hoodies, totes, etc. He said anything printable will work.
The price will then vary depending on how many orders we get, but 35 or more orders will help lower the price. Please see the Diva's Facebook page, or PM me, for the actual dollar amount. ALSO PLEASE PM ME THROUGH THE DIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I keep track over here. All requests need to be in to me before the end of this month. Thanks ladies!

I went shopping yesterday and actually bought some cute things for myself (Well, as cute as they can be when you're chubby like me. :goodvibes ) And I didn't even feel guilty about it. The only bummer was that a particular song I used in my dad's memorial slide show started playing in the store and it made me tear up. A song that you NEVER hear. Like, ever. It totally caught me off guard. :blush:

First, hugs for you. :hug: I'm sure that was hard, but in a way kind of special. I mean, to hear a song that is never heard in a store, and it was one that you used? It's like a reminder that your dad's memory is always close to your heart. I'm sorry you were so sad though. :( :hug:

Second, I'm gonna smack you if you say you are chubby again! :mad: You know I will.... and I'll enjoy it, too. :rolleyes1

Third, good luck on the applications!! :)

Capri, when things like that happen I just imagine that it's their way of saying hi to me... :goodvibes :hug:

Good Luck with your applications! Oh and I agree with Beth.... knock that chubby talk off.... :p

Jen, I can't believe you did the Tough Mudder. :worship: My co-worker did that race this past weekend and was describing it - everything from the plunge into ice cold water to crawling under high voltage wire! :faint: Big congrats to you for finishing that race. :thumbsup2

Beth, I hope your foot gets better. PF can take a while to heal but the tennis balls help.

I agree with everyone. Is it only Tuesday :confused3 Wish the week would speed up.

My ex-SIL did the Mudder, she was sharing photos and bruises the other day at dinner. LOL I said I'd be the one going around everything.....LOL

Hi Becci!

Nice to see you!

mmmm French Onion is my fave, recipe please? Although it's too hot for soup right now......lol

I am so sorry for the confusion.:upsidedow

I showed the ladies last weekend the design in person, and asked for their approval. They seemed happy, so now I need my son Derrick to finish it up. It was a pretty rough draft. Maybe if I can figure it out, I will get that image on here anyway.

Got it, I was wondering the same thing, where I could go see it. :) I'm excited!!!

Hello ladies!! This was a post from Melody on Facebook, but I am copying it here as well for those few who aren't on FB. :)
Mel, I sent you a PM. Let me know about the info on size and bling or no bling. Thanks!

I found the guy who usually prints my stuff up. Yay, he moved to a new location. Whew! Some of you were interested in a hoodie with last year's design, so I asked about making up zippered hoodies from the "DisDivaland" image. (This should not be confused with this years new Carsland themed shirt, that will be a separate order at a later time.)
If interested, they will be printed on your choice of either dark navy blue or black. I picked out a nicer quality sweatshirt, since this could be something used for years. All sizes are available for the sweatshirt, but there will be no bling added to any items printed. (Unless you do it yourself after you receive it)

We need at least 12 orders to print them up, and that can include hoodies, totes, etc. He said anything printable will work.
The price will then vary depending on how many orders we get, but 35 or more orders will help lower the price. Please see the Diva's Facebook page, or PM me, for the actual dollar amount. ALSO PLEASE PM ME THROUGH THE DIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I keep track over here. All requests need to be in to me before the end of this month. Thanks ladies!

I PM'd Melody and let her know I was interested in a sweatshirt. I think she has my name on file already.

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Not much to report. I turned in a few MORE applications last week (one for a substitute position, and two for para-educator positions). Just so you know, I'm not holding my breath....as that would be entirely too dangerous. :rotfl:

At least I keep trying, right?

Oh, and I'm down to the 2 WEEK mark until we go on vacation! YAY! :cheer2:

Melody - Can't wait to see the shirt design! Glad you had fun this weekend seeing the girls. :cheer2:

Lisa - Sorry about the shower faucet fiasco. Love your redneck solution though - HA! :thumbsup2

Becci - Hey missy, great to see you here! :thumbsup2

Beth - Hope your foot is feeling better! :flower3:

Katie - How are you? Hope the move went well. :hug:

Cheryl - So glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope your PT goes well! :hug:

Good luck on the job search, it took me 10 months.

Well, the A's won last night!!! :cool1: They are now tied for first place with the Rangers!! OMG I hope they win today's game!!!!! This is pretty darn exciting. lol It would amazing if we could get a Bay Bridge World Series again!! OMG! :thumbsup2
tonight I have to catch up on EVERYthing that I let slide the last few days. lol So, laundry, cleaning, crafting, it all has to be done. lol I also have to figure something out for dinner but that won't be too hard. AND I have a DVR full of stuff to watch. lol Such a hard life....hahahahaha

Thanks Beth!
I also saw that you posted on Facebook for me too. More thanks! :goodvibes

Here are links to some of the items available along with the sizing information. Please keep in mind the prices you will see listed here do NOT include the cost of printing so those prices will vary. More info on that is on our Facebook page or can be sent to you in a PM. No prices can be discussed here. Thanks.

Tote
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=767

Zip Sweatshirt True Navy
http://www.companycasuals.com/smith...265_TrueNavy_model_front.jpg&swatch=True+Navy

Pullover Hoody
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=111192

Full zip No Hood
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=17719

Womens Pant
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithpromotions/b.jsp?id=6282291

Check out the sizing on the zip up sweatshirts. They are form fitting and look like they run small.

Check out the sizing on the zip up sweatshirts. They are form fitting and look like they run small.
Trudi, thought I'd look farther for a men's zipper, which I thought I had seen before. I found one. I'll have Beth post that style also. #F258 if you look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter