DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same junk is hitting folks in Georgia too!
Will be heading for Disneyland in the morning and will be there until the 31st. Meeting Daisy Swords(Princess Duck), my DIL, and the rest of the Swords family - my son, Chris and two grandkids-Meghan and Donovan. We will have so much fun!! Legoland is on the agenda too!

I'm sick. Horribly, awfully sick. I feel like hell. :crazy2: I've got coughing fits if I try to breath too deeply, scratchy throat, runny nose and just feeling so run down. :sad: I hate being sick. :( I'll be spending the day in bed, trying to breath, drinking as much fluids as I can, and having a huge pity party.
Aw feel better soon! :flower3:

Was it all the late night parties for Stacie that got you down? :rolleyes:

Well ladies my Annual Pass expires today :( but we went out with a bang. I had one of the best trips ever yesterday!! It was a wee bit crowded (meaning really crowded) but we made the best of it and once the fireworks were over, it was dead and we closed down the park.

And after many, many times of riding Star Tours, I finally got chosen as the rebel spy and I had the weirdest look on my face. Cliff found it amusing and felt the need to remind me about it all night. The first thing he told Devin when we saw him was "Your mom got chosen as the rebel spy on Star Tours. You should have seen her face" then he cracked up hysterically for a few minutes...glad I could make him laugh.
LOL this made me laugh!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Will be heading for Disneyland in the morning and will be there until the 31st. Meeting Daisy Swords(Princess Duck), my DIL, and the rest of the Swords family - my son, Chris and two grandkids-Meghan and Donovan. We will have so much fun!! Legoland is on the agenda too!
Hi Jill! Hope you have a fantastic time with your family! :grouphug:

BTW- you did get your sweatshirt, didn't you?

I'm sick. Horribly, awfully sick. I feel like hell. :crazy2: I've got coughing fits if I try to breath too deeply, scratchy throat, runny nose and just feeling so run down. :sad: I hate being sick. :( I'll be spending the day in bed, trying to breath, drinking as much fluids as I can, and having a huge pity party.

That stinks. The crud has been going around my office and I have managed to avoid it. Hope you feel better soon and no one else gets sick close to trip time!

I sent a message awhile back on Facebook to all those doing the tour. Since the group is so small, only about 4 people, each person is going to call at the 30 day mark and book their own reservation.
So, no need to worry about sending a check. When the 30 day mark comes up, if you are able to swing it, just call and make your reservation. :thumbsup2

Hmm, I didn't get that message. Will we all definitely be with the same tour guide? Or is there just one per day?

And I am so excited that I am on your team. You have some insider secrets, right??? Well, it doesn't matter. I'm not super competative. No matter what Amy says. We just didn't stop to go to the bathroom because we wanted to have better blatter control.. really!!

Been sending you PM's. Don't know if you got them. Trying to work on names with Kelly. Let me know if the messages are getting to you. Thanks!

Good morning, ladies. Day two of sickness here. Full blown now. Cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, body aches, and chills. It's awful. I feel so bad. :( I'm watching "Gone With the Wind". A long movie for what's going to be a long day. :rolleyes2

Have fun at Disney! Say hello to Daisy for me!

Got my door sign designed and laid out. Just needs a couple more touches. It needs to be blingy enough to be seen from space. LOL
:thumbsup2

Aw feel better soon! :flower3:

Was it all the late night parties for Stacie that got you down? :rolleyes:
:confused3 Noelle has had a cough for a month now, but I don't think I got it from her because she never had any of the other symptoms I have. I could have picked up something from the Strip. Disneyland isn't the only germiest place on earth.

Hmm, I didn't get that message. Will we all definitely be with the same tour guide? Or is there just one per day?
I think there is just one, at 9:30 a.m. Just call first thing in the morning and you should be fine. There are only four of you.

Hi! Here are some pictures from the race:

Jessica and I
photo3-2_zps65156634.jpg

Running through the Castle
photo1-1_zps63199a81.jpg

Finisher's Photo
finish-1_zps14378724.jpg

My outfit
finish2_zps267379ca.jpg

I had a blast and I'm so glad I signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare:dumbo: at the Tink Expo because it sold out in under an hour yesterday!

I will be running a 10K (6.2 miles) on Saturday morning and the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on Sunday morning!

The 10K is Alice in Wonderland themed so I'm already thinking of a costume.

I signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare at the Expo just like Sarah. After watching the registration unfold yesterday, I am definitely glad I did!

Some kind of costume for the 10K sounds awesome! I may just have to follow suit.

Well ladies my Annual Pass expires today :( but we went out with a bang. .
Mine expired Jan 8. I feel your pain. I am still in mourning.

Legoland is on the agenda too!

I have been to LegoLand about a million and a half times. I live 30 minutes away and was a member for 6 years. Last year we belonged was when my daughter was 8, we just stopped going enough to make it worth it. When she was in preschool, we went on my day off almost every week. Have fun fun fun!!!!

Good morning, ladies. Day two of sickness here. Full blown now. Cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, body aches, and chills. It's awful. I feel so bad. :( I'm watching "Gone With the Wind". A long movie for what's going to be a long day. :rolleyes2

Hope you feel better soon. It went through my family 2 weeks ago.

Great pictures!!!!

Nothing of note to report!! Hope everyone has a fab day.

Hope you feel better soon Beth!

Those photos from the run make it look like so much fun. I've been recently starting to do workouts and eating better and I'd love to do those runs if I lived close enough. I may be getting an AP, but those don't save on flights!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! It's dreary here today and I hope we get the rain they are talking about. We need it. If we don't, I'm going to have to run the sprinklers out front, the lawn is SO dry!

Hubby had a job interview this morning. It's the first nibble he's had on all the resumes he's been sending out since September. Feels good to have hope again. LOL

I need to go to JoAnn's and check there for some bling for my door sign. Nothing at Michael's won me over. Nothing else going on here. Got Frankenweenie in my mailbox from Netflix today, so I hope to watch that sometime this afternoon or tonight.

FIVE WEEKS FROM TODAY, LADIES!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Oh man Beth that sucks. Hope you are in bed and getting plenty of rest!!

Love the marathon pics. We are planning on doing that one next year. I WAS going to try and walk it but with my bad knee and all I may just be a spectator. The girls both really want to do it though so I am looking forward to going and at least cheering them on.

I just got back from the ortho and I don't have any breaks but a 3rd degree sprain which is supposedly the worst. I tore all three ligaments. So I am now in a lovely boot for 2 weeks and then hopefully going to a softer brace after that. He said I should be ok for the trip though although I guess it just depends on how I do. I may still get a scooter for race day though because I don't want to push it.

Anyway Lisa I agree if it is going to be this ugly we need the rain!!

Have a great day ladies!

Kelly, sorry about your sprain. Sound painful!

Lisa, good luck to your hubby on the job!

Sarah, great pics!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I took some medicine earlier today and started to feel a bit better. So, I got up, washed some bedding, vacuumed, did the dishes, made something for dinner, and cleaned the bathrooms. Um yeah, probably not a good idea. Knocked me back on my butt pretty quick!
I just hate being sick and not being able to do what I need to do!! :furious:

Jessica and I
photo3-2_zps65156634.jpg

Running through the Castle
photo1-1_zps63199a81.jpg

Finisher's Photo
finish-1_zps14378724.jpg

My outfit
finish2_zps267379ca.jpg

I had a blast and I'm so glad I signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare:dumbo: at the Tink Expo because it sold out in under an hour yesterday!

I will be running a 10K (6.2 miles) on Saturday morning and the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on Sunday morning!

The 10K is Alice in Wonderland themed so I'm already thinking of a costume.

That's my girl!!! Why isn't there a Proud Mama smiley?

Feel better Kelly and Beth and anyone else who is not feeling 100%.

Has anyone gone to the parks on Superbowl Sunday? I'm wondering if the crowds would be a bit lighter.

Hey Sarah, did you order those photos? Trying to figure out how you got them to share off MF's website.

Hey Sarah, did you order those photos? Trying to figure out how you got them to share off MF's website.

I used my iPhone and took a screen shot, then I edited them down so just the picture shows. I never buy the pictures...too much money!

They totally are! I was trying to do screen shots with my laptop but the 'sample' watermark or whatever it says is just way too obnoxious. Maybe I'll have to see how they come up on my phone.

Aww, Beth. Hope you feel better. And Vicki and Stacie and... did Heather stay well? I hope so. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Kelly, so sorry about your foot. I had a 3rd degree sprain once. The doctor said it would have healed faster if I had just broken it. I didn't get a boot. I was very dilligent about icing. And, I just wrapped it myself with vet wrap. I have plenty of that around the house, and knew how to wrap an ankle. Plus, I'm too stubborn to put up with a boot. Hope it heals super quickly for you.

Sarah, your pictures are great! Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon! It was so fun running into you and your mom at the parks. I signed up for the 10K, I'm not much for costume design, but I'll try to think of something. I'll be the one at the very, very, end. Maybe I should be the white rabbit, that has a sign that says "I'm late, I'm late". I've never done a 10K before .. just want to finish. :)

Aha! I figured it out. And then got bored so I played around with them a little, but here are a couple of (tiny) pictures from the Tinker Bell Half:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter