Dis Dads Food and Drink

I don't have pictures, but the whole menu at O'Hanas, capped off by the Banana Bread Pudding deliciousness. And I'm slobbering like Homer Simpson.

We had a GREAT lunch at Tusker House a few weeks ago . . . their dessert buffet had a terrific Cinnamon Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce. It was dangerous being able to plate it up myself!

This prompted a long discussion about the best thing you could get someone from the crowd to pass you before you finished. Personally I'd like to cross the finish line while Eating a Pizza from Via Napoli.

I like this idea...I like it a lot! But I like the idea of skipping the marathon and just eating the pizza even more. :thumbsup2

By the way, my DW just made the Le Cellier cheddar cheese soup this past weekend. Did it straight out of the Disney Parks cookbook--turned out awesome! Maybe a little heavy on the tabasco sauce, but really, that's just nitpicking.

I like this idea...I like it a lot! But I like the idea of skipping the marathon and just eating the pizza even more. :thumbsup2

By the way, my DW just made the Le Cellier cheddar cheese soup this past weekend. Did it straight out of the Disney Parks cookbook--turned out awesome! Maybe a little heavy on the tabasco sauce, but really, that's just nitpicking.

And where does one get a Disney Parks Cookbook, Mark? Online, in the parks?

No pictures, but here are a few of our favorites:

Le Cellier - steak, steak, steak

the pastry shop in France is a good place to relax and recharge with some yummy food.

O'Hana

1900 Park Fare - Strawberry soup and prime rib - absoultley awesome

of course a Dole Whip. I am lactose intolerant but deal with the consequences for those bad boys :thumbsup2

YES! We made the same recipe last Friday and it was terrific! You are right about the tabasco, though. Even though I like spicy foods, we also want the result to be as close to Le Cellier as possible. I'd cut the tabasco to 1/2 a tbsp.

It's worth finding the book - the recipe is really good.

That sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I'd never be able to do it - if I ever ran the marathon I'd be the last person across the line so by the time I got my pretzel and beer there would be no one to watch. And I'd just be some guy on a bench at Epcot with a pretzel and beer. Come to think of it, that doesn't sound too bad!

I'll sit with you at the start of the race, w/ pretzel & beer, and alternate running for more beer and pretzels. Well, maybe walk for more beer & pretzels.

I think we have the makings of a great relay team. Beer, pretzels and cheering. (I'll leave the marathons to those who don't drink).

:rotfl2:

A good relay team needs 4 people... I'm in!!!!! :thumbsup2

We got it a couple of years ago at WDW for about $20. I'm not sure if it's still in print--they seem to have realized that their recipes are fairly popular and have put out a couple of newer, more expensive and smaller cookbooks recently. I'll see if I can find a link for you. Some great stuff in there.

YES! We made the same recipe last Friday and it was terrific! You are right about the tabasco, though. Even though I like spicy foods, we also want the result to be as close to Le Cellier as possible. I'd cut the tabasco to 1/2 a tbsp.

It's worth finding the book - the recipe is really good.

Agreed! We were also going to halve the tobasco next time. But it still was close enough that it felt right.

Ownage. Giggity.

Barry, DW has been on the Mom's Thread with your wife about going in February to run the 5K. That would be another month to add to our collection (plan to have a visit to WDW in each month). Perhaps we can do the beer/pretzel relay while they do the 5K.

I like the idea of a Dis Dad's relay, though it'll have to change a bit. Maybe a jaunt around the world showcase with any combination of 7 snacks or drinks.

This can have possibilities. Any Dad's meet that does this, we can make pledges on the boards to raise $$ for Give Kids the World, much like you raise money for the local 5k walk/runs . . .

I got mine at World of Disney at DTD. I've also made the cheese soup, and I make the sweet and sour chicken from Seven Dragons all the time.

I've made a couple dozen of the recipes in fact.

Not Disney food...but just need to mention that the combo of something chocolate with Orange Juice rocks.

Chocolate = something along the lines of a Little Debbie Fudge Round or an Otis Spunkmeyer Choc. Muffin

OJ = Tropicana Pure Primium...or Florida Natural.

Don't knock it until you tried it. :thumbsup2

Ownage. Giggity.

Barry, DW has been on the Mom's Thread with your wife about going in February to run the 5K. That would be another month to add to our collection (plan to have a visit to WDW in each month). Perhaps we can do the beer/pretzel relay while they do the 5K.

Sweet! (although pretzels are salty. So...Salty!)

These are Dupes from my trip report.

A dinner at La Hacienda in Epcot.
DSC_1690.jpg

My wife and I split that on our visit. I was prepared to be underwhelmed when I saw the menu, but really, really liked the restaurant.

We had a GREAT lunch at Tusker House a few weeks ago . . . their dessert buffet had a terrific Cinnamon Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce. It was dangerous being able to plate it up myself!

Tusker House is one of my favorites. I honestly like it more than Boma. If they had Boma's Mushroom Soup, they would run away with the title.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter