DIS Content Editor says the fold outs at the Family Suites are are amazing designs

minnie61650

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
This is a paragraph taken from the All Star Music Family Suites review this of the DIS resorts page:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/asm.htm

All Star Music Resort Family Suites

Review
by Kevin Klose
DIS Content Editor

Both the chair and the ottoman open into beds. The chair opens to a twin size bed and the ottoman opens to a “junior” sized bed….about the size of a cot. The bed and the chair are amazing designs. The kids will think they are cool and Disney’s competitors are going to steal this idea. Watch for different versions of this to spring up everywhere.

----------------------

The sofa opens into a double bed.

Here is a photo I took of the pullout chair when we stayed at All Star Music September 21.

Notice the seat and back of chair support the foldout bed.
There are no metal bars running under your back area.

There is a metal frame around the edge of the bed but the only metal under the sleeper would be at the foot of the bed.

I laid down on it and it was very comfortable.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/9-26-2006-12.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/9-26-2006-14.jpg

If anyone's interested, I THINK the company that made those is called American Leather (they're in the process of changing their name to American Upholstery, but their website is www.americanleather.com). That's the company that made the new ones at SSR and the other DVC resorts now. No metal bar! They're much more comfortable.

lisareniff said:
I'm curious... Do you think bedrails would work with the new pullout couch and chair?

I would think so.
I am sure if you call CRO they could find out for you.

Has anyone used the bed rails with these pullouts or the ones at the SSR or other DVC resorts?

I think Ikea sells something very similar to those as well.

I am so glad I did a quick search for those fold out chairs. I am redoing my living room and need one for when my nephew spends the night. I really wanted to get rid of the roll away bed in the room. Now I can!! YEA.

extremesoccermom said:
I am so glad I did a quick search for those fold out chairs. I am redoing my living room and need one for when my nephew spends the night. I really wanted to get rid of the roll away bed in the room. Now I can!! YEA.

Did you find a retail place that sells them?

Please let me know I have been looking for one myself.
Thanks!

I've got a brochure from American Leather (strange name, their furniture's not leather) that makes sofa beds, including a twin size one from a chair. They've got several-called Natalie, Sophia, Jasmine (why is all their furniture given girls' names?) We've got a sofa bed from them, queen size, and it's great! They have a website: www.americanleather.com

I don't think Disney has to worry about someone stealing their design, as others have noted this design is not something new.

Might be new to Disney, but they have been available for some time from furniture manufacturers. Sealy makes something very similar. We had the chair at a Marriot a year or so ago prior to Disney opening All Star suites.

Sammie said:
I don't think Disney has to worry about someone stealing their design, as others have noted this design is not something new.

Might be new to Disney, but they have been available for some time from furniture manufacturers. Sealy makes something very similar. We had the chair at a Marriot a year or so ago prior to Disney opening All Star suites.

Thanks sammie but this is a photo of the Sealy chair I found on line;

bizchair.gif

It has a bar across the back area.

I want the design where there is no bar and the bed rests on the chair back and seat cushions like the ones in the Family Suites.

9-26-2006-12.jpg

I will keep searching.

Thanks for your help.

The reference to Disney's competitors stealing the design is interesting. Disney doesn't manufacture the furniture. Couldn't anyone purchase it from the manufacturer?

minnie61650 said:
I would think so.
I am sure if you call CRO they could find out for you.

Has anyone used the bed rails with these pullouts or the ones at the SSR or other DVC resorts?

I would call the hotel directly. I bet that isn't something in the flow chart manuals given the reservation cm's. I also would think bedrails would be difficult on something like this. However I would think it may be easy to position this so that you have a wall on one side and something else on the other.....or pillows to cusion the fall lol.

Allison said:
The reference to Disney's competitors stealing the design is interesting. Disney doesn't manufacture the furniture. Couldn't anyone purchase it from the manufacturer?

I have an inoperable spinal spinal condition and cannot sleep on most sofa beds.
This design was the very first one I found truly comfortable so this quest is very important to me.

I looked but I could not find the name of the manufacturer. That is why I am asking.

The ones from www.americanleather.com also have the bar under back area.

Lisben-2.jpg

Here is another thread I posted on:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1245338&page=1&pp=15&highlight=new+sofas

chris1gill said:
Does anyone know who MAKES the new couch? Is there a tag or anything that says the maker's name?

We just purchased an American Leather couch which is what they have over at SSR, it is awesome, but it's in our rental property... I need one for my house now :teeth:

I replied:

I agree I love the design of these fold out sleepers.

I am thinking there may be a paten on them and that they not yet available to public because since my stay at the All Star Family Suites I have been searching both locally and on the Internet and I have not found them yet.

We were unable to find who makes them.

Here is a photo of the new sofa fold out at BWV from this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=14778508#post14778508

korzmom said:
here is the one from 2123 (my favorite room) I TRIED TO GET A PIC OF HOW IT OPERATES...HOPE THIS HELPS. MY DS THOUGHT IT WAS VERY COMFY!!
julydisney06053.jpg
[/IMG]

If anyone knows please ket me know.

Thanks!

minnie61650 said:
I have an inoperable spinal spinal condition and cannot sleep on most sofa beds.
This design was the very first one I found truly comfortable so this quest is very important to me.

I looked but I could not find the name of the manufacturer. That is why I am asking.

The ones from www.americanleather.com also have the bar under back area.

Lisben-2.jpg

Thanks!
I just went in and double checked our american leather sofa. It definitely does not have a bar in the back area. We just came back from HHI, where they're using the old style and there was a VERY noticeable difference. DH has a bad back (merely age-related, in his case) and he'd recommend the american leather one, but NOT any of the others (ouch!)

Simba's Mom said:
I just went in and double checked our american leather sofa. It definitely does not have a bar in the back area. We just came back from HHI, where they're using the old style and there was a VERY noticeable difference. DH has a bad back (merely age-related, in his case) and he'd recommend the american leather one, but NOT any of the others (ouch!)

Thanks for the info. I will keep that one in mind but I really loved the Family Suite design because the actual back and seat cushion of the sofa restied under the sofa on the floor and supported a large area of the sleepers body.

I love our king size bed with the pillowtop mattress but the pull out at the Family Suites was so comfortable that I wanted to put in our car and take it home!

Just kidding guys. ;)

Do you think you could call the resort and they would be able to look and see who the manufacturer is?

Allison said:
Do you think you could call the resort and they would be able to look and see who the manufacturer is?

I just called and the fold out beds at the Family Suites and the DVC's are made exclusively for Disney.

The public cannot buy them.

Hummm maybe I should have put one in my car when I had the chance. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Just kidding guys!

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help. :wizard:

minnie61650 said:
I just called and the fold out beds at the Family Suites and the DVC's are made exclusively for Disney.

The public cannot buy them.

Hummm maybe I should have put one in my car when I had the chance. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Just kidding guys!

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help. :wizard:

Darn, that's too bad. :guilty:

It's interesting they are made exclusively for Disney. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Maybe next time you can sneak one out. :teeth:

But even if they're made exclusively for Disney, can they tell you who made them? It's possible that the manufacturer has a very similar product available to the public.

Allison said:
Darn, that's too bad. :guilty:

It's interesting they are made exclusively for Disney. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Maybe next time you can sneak one out. :teeth:

That is a thought.
Do you think anyone would notice if we put one in the back of DH's SSR? ;)

Just Kidding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter