Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Smiley, thanks for the photos, your grandchildren are beautiful (and your daughters!). What a blessing to see them as much as you do. Now I am wanting a Central CA coast trip again. No In'n'Out here, either.

Had a lumpectomy last Thursday, no nodal involvement! Small but angry tumor, same type as last time. Don't know what happens next yet. I am very averse to radiation, but am being pointed toward brachytherapy in AZ. In July/August!

Next trip for us is October. Napa then up to Portland. We plan to visit Olympia WA while we are there for a possible place to move in the future.

LMP, good news on the scans. Glad that worked out in your favor. Did your son get the new job?

Smiley - So happy to see you again!!! You pictures are wonderful. Love your sweet grandkids. I also love the sea glass and sand dollar pics. A beautiful tribute to your ds. I smiled at In and Out because my dh and the ds love that place. The ds have t shirts from there. I love seeing the west coast through your eyes. Just breath taking.

Diana - glad the surgery is behind you and that you will be able to get a treatment plan that you are happy with. Wishing you all the best. Prayers and good thoughts for you. My dh uncle retired to Port Angeles Wash from Calif. so I am sure you will enjoy the area. The climate is pretty good there.

Well dh is back. We had a bbq for dinner. It always turns into an event around here. Dh and I went to the movies on sat. and saw Jurassic Park. I enjoyed it. Of course some teenagers were trying to get around us and sit in our row when the theater was 2/3 empty and one goes and steps on my bad leg!!! Not good when you are already taking blood thinners. Surprisingly I didnt get a bruise there but now I have some bigger ones on my R arm for no reason that I can think of. It kind of creeps me out but I know its a side effect of the med.

Ds3 said they are doing a background check on him now so its a waiting game. He might not even get the job at all. His one friend had to go again and she still didnt even get a job there and she graduated from their in house program no less. I am praying ds1 gets a job. Its been a long time. He did have 2 interviews last week

I have a school meeting on wed. Sadly, I think it will not be good news and if it is not then it will just break my heart.

I have been so lazy in getting ready to study my lessons to teach for the vbs so that is going to move forward. I told the lady my decorating ideas yest. too. The dollar store is my friend!!

Going to the dr. next week. Just a recheck with the resident.

GAGWTA. I might send Laurie a text. I miss her too.

Smiley, thanks for the photos, your grandchildren are beautiful (and your daughters!). What a blessing to see them as much as you do. Now I am wanting a Central CA coast trip again. No In'n'Out here, either.

Had a lumpectomy last Thursday, no nodal involvement! Small but angry tumor, same type as last time. Don't know what happens next yet. I am very averse to radiation, but am being pointed toward brachytherapy in AZ. In July/August!

Next trip for us is October. Napa then up to Portland. We plan to visit Olympia WA while we are there for a possible place to move in the future.

LMP, good news on the scans. Glad that worked out in your favor. Did your son get the new job?
I am glad your lumpectomy was successful! what is it about the radiation you are adverse to? I know it has it's drawbacks, but with me, my tumor grew back while I was on chemo. they had to remove so much more in the 2nd surgery, so for me, I truly believe it was the radiation that stopped anything else from happening. I don't know what brachytherapy is so am going to go google that right now :) Olympia is only a few hours drive from where we live! across the border and a ferry, but when we leave home on our road trips at 9:30 am we arrive in that area around 2 to 3 pm. We often stay in Lacey right at the boundry to Olympia. There is a holiday inn there, right across the street from Providence regional cancer hospital. It always reminds me how grateful I am to be on a roadtrip to CA and Disneyland, and not having treatment! It is a very beautiful part of the world to live in, I don't know where you live now....but the rain and dark days in winter can be awfully gloomy! At least you can hop on the I5 and from there you can be into northern CA in a few hours!
and thanks both you and LMP for the comments on the pictures. It makes me happy looking at them! next roadtrip won't be till January again though :( I so wanted to go in the fall but we just can't afford to go both then and January....and we need to get out of here in January so that's when it will be. :)

Hi ladies, sorry to have vanished (again). Have had a lot going on.....some good, some bad, and some just downright ugly.

I'll try to keep it as short as possible, so here it all is in a nutshell....... (Sorry, didn't succeed at keeping it short)

The Ugly: Right before we left for our mini-vacation of four nights in Chicago, staying at a hotel that is literally kiddie-corner across the street from DD's apartment, she let us know that she does not trust us to be alone with Zoe. What?!?

We had plans to keep her with us in the morning for a few hours, twice, and to walk (scooter for me, DH pushing the stroller) to the American Girl Store one day, maybe the Lego Store, or maybe the park...all of it located less than a mile from their apt. Suddenly, she says she is worried about what could possibly happen anytime Zoe is out of her sight. What?!?

Apparently, this does not apply to the nanny or other Gma. In fact, DD did say it would be ok to take her as long as the nanny went too. (DD would be working) To say the least, I was/am devastated. Now we have to be supervised? I was sooo looking forward to spending alone time with my grand baby, but we ended up canceling the trip.

I don't understand what brought this all on. I am never by myself with Zoe, DH is always there too. Yes, he even changes diapers. It has taken me the past month to even begin to come to terms with this. In the end, I know what is most important is to have a relationship with Zoe for as long as I can, so we dutifully follow the rules. Went to visit when we got back from California. DD was working at home that day, but the nanny was still right there to supervise.

To say I never would have thought that DD would do this is an understatement. But she has hurt me very much, and I'm still trying to get over it. Or at least deal with it, or accept it, or whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing.

The Bad: Tumor markers went from 350 in April to 850 last month. Don't have results from today's appointment yet. I am also being sent for a chest X-ray that will hopefully help explain my shortness of breath. CT scan after that. My oncologist mentions the possibility of starting up chemo again.......I'm pretty much against that, but I will listen to what he has to say at next months appt. ugh.

The Good: 34 years ago when DH and I were married I had a Camero. Loved that car but had to give it up when DD was born, needed something practical. So it's always been a pipe dream to someday get another sports car......until now! On a somewhat spur of the moment thing, we went and bought a Mustang!! It's bright orange, and we are going to have white stripes put on. Plenty of power too, I might add. Talk about giving the old bucket list a good kick!

The Very Good: our trip down the California coast. We started in San Fran and slowly made our way to SanDiego and Coronado. It was two weeks of awesome. Driving thru Big Sur is absolutely breathtaking. Managed to squeeze in a few days at DL, lots of good times there! San Diego, Coronado especially, remains the favorite place I've ever been, spent four days pretending I lived there. I seriously told DH he could just spread my ashes right down the coast, and to be sure to save plenty for Coronado.

I'll have to get a separate post put up with more details, just as soon as I figure out again how to post pictures.

Smiley, loved hearing about your travels and what you've been up to! Your pictures are awesome, as usual. And I just gotta say it here.....thanks so much for introducing me to Big Sur and surrounding areas! And those pictures of Ava are precious!

LMP, how is your leg doing?

Diana, sorry you are facing this again. I hope you are healing quickly, and get your treatment plan in place soon.

Hi ladies, sorry to have vanished (again). Have had a lot going on.....some good, some bad, and some just downright ugly.

I'll try to keep it as short as possible, so here it all is in a nutshell....... (Sorry, didn't succeed at keeping it short)

The Ugly: Right before we left for our mini-vacation of four nights in Chicago, staying at a hotel that is literally kiddie-corner across the street from DD's apartment, she let us know that she does not trust us to be alone with Zoe. What?!?

We had plans to keep her with us in the morning for a few hours, twice, and to walk (scooter for me, DH pushing the stroller) to the American Girl Store one day, maybe the Lego Store, or maybe the park...all of it located less than a mile from their apt. Suddenly, she says she is worried about what could possibly happen anytime Zoe is out of her sight. What?!?

Apparently, this does not apply to the nanny or other Gma. In fact, DD did say it would be ok to take her as long as the nanny went too. (DD would be working) To say the least, I was/am devastated. Now we have to be supervised? I was sooo looking forward to spending alone time with my grand baby, but we ended up canceling the trip.

I don't understand what brought this all on. I am never by myself with Zoe, DH is always there too. Yes, he even changes diapers. It has taken me the past month to even begin to come to terms with this. In the end, I know what is most important is to have a relationship with Zoe for as long as I can, so we dutifully follow the rules. Went to visit when we got back from California. DD was working at home that day, but the nanny was still right there to supervise.

To say I never would have thought that DD would do this is an understatement. But she has hurt me very much, and I'm still trying to get over it. Or at least deal with it, or accept it, or whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing.

The Bad: Tumor markers went from 350 in April to 850 last month. Don't have results from today's appointment yet. I am also being sent for a chest X-ray that will hopefully help explain my shortness of breath. CT scan after that. My oncologist mentions the possibility of starting up chemo again.......I'm pretty much against that, but I will listen to what he has to say at next months appt. ugh.

The Good: 34 years ago when DH and I were married I had a Camero. Loved that car but had to give it up when DD was born, needed something practical. So it's always been a pipe dream to someday get another sports car......until now! On a somewhat spur of the moment thing, we went and bought a Mustang!! It's bright orange, and we are going to have white stripes put on. Plenty of power too, I might add. Talk about giving the old bucket list a good kick!

The Very Good: our trip down the California coast. We started in San Fran and slowly made our way to SanDiego and Coronado. It was two weeks of awesome. Driving thru Big Sur is absolutely breathtaking. Managed to squeeze in a few days at DL, lots of good times there! San Diego, Coronado especially, remains the favorite place I've ever been, spent four days pretending I lived there. I seriously told DH he could just spread my ashes right down the coast, and to be sure to save plenty for Coronado.

I'll have to get a separate post put up with more details, just as soon as I figure out again how to post pictures.
Cheryl :hug: I got a big lump in my throat reading this. I can only imagine how you must have felt/feel. :sad1:

When my sister's kids were little (before I had children), she was super OCD about their safety, too. She managed to hurt people in our family with her nuttiness as well, particularly our mother, and it still stings. One day, for instance, when her DD was a toddler, I saw my mother, in her own house, laundry basket in hands, climbing over a gate that my sister had placed on the top of stairs leading to the basement (so that when my mother climbed over it, she'd also be stepping "down" onto a stair, all while holding a basket). Fortunately (or maybe miraculously) my mother didn't fall down the cellar stairs that day. But it was the comment that my sister made that made me angry - something to the effect of, well better her than the baby. :eek: (Umm, how about neither??) Her anxiety about the well-being of her children trumped everything else, tbh, and it caused a rift in our family, too. Funny thing was, when my kids came along, all bets were off. One holiday I saw my toddler son walking around with a huge knife that my sister had left laying on the table. We were all like ***. :lmao: What was good for the goose was apparently not good for the gander in our family. Anyway, I just wanted to commiserate and say that sometimes people get nuts when they have children. I'm sorry it hurt you, and I hope you can find a way to work it out so that you do not have to add ******* with your daughter to your list of worries right now. Will pray on it.

Hey Linda, thanks for commiserating! I think you hit the nail right on the head when you said that it was her anxiety that trumped everything else. Honestly, if DD would just stop and think about how ridiculous she is being........of course, she won't, because I truly do think that she believes all this nonsense. Clearly, anyone who disagrees is the one who's nuts! :headache::faint:

i do know that I cannot get into it with her anymore. It's just too stressful. And then I start thinking, is this really the way she wants to play this?? Isn't she at some point (after I'm gone) going to come to her senses and regret the way she treated me?? And then the mom in me comes out and wants to fix it. :guilty::sad2::sad2:

Cheryl, I am sooo glad you had such a good trip!! I feel the same way you do about the ashes thing too! lol! Omg! I can just picture you bombing around in your new car!! lol! hubby used to have a 64 and a half mustang.... back when we were young before kids...also sold it when our son was born. but before that....when I got to drive it around without him...boy did I get a lot of looks! Lol!!! We had actually talked about getting a van...to accomodate all the grand kids, they we thought to heck with that! and bought our jeep, now we can go off roading up the mountain, launch our boat and just generally have fun driving around!! We know how short life is.... you have to live your dreams when you have the chance!
I hope your future treatment will not be too hard on you, I pray all the time for you, even if we have not talked in ages, you are never far from my thoughts!
I am really sorry you are having problems dealing with your DD. We have been through this type of thing with our husbands widow. Like you, in order to have a good relationship with our grand daughters, I have to bite my tongue a lot, and put up with her whims as to when and for how long the girls will come here. It took months if not more to come to terms with it. Without going into details, I have recently had some major hurt from my family, I ended up driving out to where my sons house is, and parking there and looking at the house and bawling my head off. there is that song that goes "you always hurt the ones you love..." sad but true. I hope we get to see some pictures from your trip soon!

a few Disneyland pics. It was valentines day again when we were there. Back home at the end of January and through february was cold, raining dark and gloomy. this was so awesome being away then, and we can't afford to take more than one trip a year now, and have decided to make it then.
tower of terror and radiator springs racers
DSCF0745_zps03pswtzh.jpg

DSCF0751_zpsf6jj5ld1.jpg

wine tasting and snacks at Wine Country Trattatoria
photo35_zpsvnb7z4pr.jpg

IMG_9462_zpslsoyibzc.jpg

Storm trooper giving a cast member a hard time
IMG_9482_zpsqtgltidx.jpg

Our valentines photo :)
IMG_9494_zpsahypnfde.jpg

Oswald
IMG_9508_zpssspnzbwf.jpg

The park had so few people!! the plaza was nearly empty most of the time!
IMG_9510_zpsufcobtbl.jpg

the castle was all tarped getting ready for the 60th. Lucky Cheryl got to see it done! they are supposed to have everything still happening for part of next year, I sure hope so, I really want to see it all done!
DSCF0754_zpskbxxknll.jpg

gumbo and pomme frits at the Cafe Orleans
IMG_9536_zpsfmnzqkk2.jpg

Mickey biegnettes ( don't know if I spelled that correctly! )
IMG_9538_zpsdvdvii2q.jpg

IMG_9540_zpsswmhrjbt.jpg

cold drinks by the pool. the weather was so amazing!
IMG_9575_zpss9ra5bva.jpg

We love The Disneyland Hotel, even when we can't afford to stay there, we go over for dinner, drinks, just walking around. this was at Trader Sams tiki bar, sitting outside on a warm evening listening to the Hawaiian music having pupu's and drinks. with the tiki torches and everything, it was just like being in Hawaii!
IMG_9582_zpsdhwhahrm.jpg

IMG_9586_zpsg5ky25c5.jpg

Disney treats, banana cheesecake and a raspberry mousse filled cupcake
DSCF0782_zpsqe9m3ikt.jpg

the Frozen float in the parade
DSCF0784_zpslxxrw08q.jpg

dinner in the Blue Bayou, annoyed at the lady photo bombing our pic!
DSCF0795_zpsg7ccar4e.jpg

IMG_9640_zps2fvvfz7g.jpg

the frozen show in the princess fantasy theater was so good!!
IMG_9641_zpssuglioi1.jpg

DSCF0802_zpsnxdbdra8.jpg

one of my favourite pictures of the haunted mansion!
IMG_9654_zps2ppzplyk.jpg

IMG_9657_zpsfssaq9rd.jpg

no trip would be complete without the chicken dinner from the Plaza Inn on mainstreet!
IMG_9664_zpspzjbyzdl.jpg

IMG_9665_zpshcdtzwrl.jpg

yummmmy!
IMG_9686_zpstjgyprkf.jpg

Yay suntan in February! lol
IMG_9702_zpskpmglseo.jpg

orange trees
IMG_9730_zpseazb01pr.jpg

Smiley love the pics, I hope to get out there one day.

CherylDan sorry you have had so much going on. We went through some ugly stuff years ago with my son's ex GF. Kept our grandson from us for 3 months one time. Eventually it worked out.

My dad had one round of chemo and his kidney functions went haywire. No more chemo and I wasn't prepared for the change from just one round. He lost a lot of hair from his head and his beard. He will be a bald, beardless Santa this year. He goes in for surgery on July 6th. It's a minimum 6 hour surgery and then at least a week in the hospital and possible rehab. The drs prepared my mom for the possibility of going back in the hospital also, evidently 1 out of 2 patients head back. Then he has an almost 3 month recovery period.

My mom wanted to do all this alone and I finally snapped. I told her she will NOT be in that waiting room alone and she WILL eat. I plan on having my one brother get her takeout at the very least and getting it to her every night. He lives around the corner and it is easiest for him to handle that. Now we hope dad is strong enough to handle all this as he has heart issues too. On a positive note my mom knows we have been planning a surprise party for her 60th anniversary so we are letting her help plan it too. I think she needs the distraction.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Smiley, sorry to hear how you also are having family issues. Ugh!

I'm glad you have been enjoying your jeep.....sounds like a lot of fun! It does feel strange though, not considering anyone else about what you should buy after being used to doing that for so long. Speaking of enjoying a drive - I really went all out a few days ago. Actually got the mustang up up 100 (on a very flat and smooth country backroad.) Oddly enough, it really wasn't all I had imagined it to be......I was mostly just afraid of getting caught! But it is something I've always wanted to do, so kicked off another item on the old bucket list!

Once again, great pictures! You and DH always look like you are having tons of fun. How nice that it wasn't busy, it was a mad house for our visit. Seeing your pic of the fried chicken is making me drooI even tho I was just eating it a short time ago. still haven't sorted thru all my pictures, will post some as soon as I do.

Tazdev, I can't image how hard those three months must have been being kept from your grandson like that. Luckily for us, we aren't facing anything like that.

Sounds like your dad sure is facing a long hard fight. I'm sure your mom will be glad not to be in the waiting room alone regardless of what she said - good for you for putting your foot down! Planning the party sounds like a wonderful distraction.

Busy day today, DD and SIL brought Zoe for a visit and stayed all day. Had lots of fun with Zoe. DD pretty much just kept to herself. she did bring all the food for a very nice belated Father's Day dinner and spent most of the day preparing it. When I would try to talk to her she was "cordial" enough, just very distant. But all in all, a good day with Zoe and I am very happy about that.

GAGWTA!!

Tazdev, I can't image how hard those three months must have been being kept from your grandson like that. Luckily for us, we aren't facing anything like that.

Sounds like your dad sure is facing a long hard fight. I'm sure your mom will be glad not to be in the waiting room alone regardless of what she said - good for you for putting your foot down! Planning the party sounds like a wonderful distraction.

Busy day today, DD and SIL brought Zoe for a visit and stayed all day. Had lots of fun with Zoe. DD pretty much just kept to herself. she did bring all the food for a very nice belated Father's Day dinner and spent most of the day preparing it. When I would try to talk to her she was "cordial" enough, just very distant. But all in all, a good day with Zoe and I am very happy about that.

GAGWTA!!

They were 3 of the hardest months I have ever had. It was over the Christmas holidays and his presents sat in a corner waiting for him. She did it one other time too but has since apologized so while I don't forget I have forgiven. Glad you got to spend time with your granddaughter yesterday. I have 8 grandkids and they are the best.

My dad is facing a fight and the anxiety of all the what ifs is getting to me. Thankfully my DH and I have a mini trip planned to the shore in a month or so with friends. Nothing like waking up and walking on the beach, coffee in one hand camera in the other watching the sun rise over the ocean. It has a very calming effect.

Sorry I have been away. I came and read the last few pages, and I have to say, what joy I am having seeing Smiley's photos and I look forward to seeing yours, Cheryl At the same time, it is hard to read of the pain of the family problems. I don't have grandchildren yet, so I don't think I can completely feel your pain, but I can't imagine bearing this on top of what we are going through with treatment and ongoing medical issues.

MaryAnn, I am sorry your trip was put on hold. Hopefully you can go when the weather is cooler during low crowds. Good luck to your DS1 job search, and I hope DS3 gets that new position.

Tazdev, I am sorry your dad is facing such a difficult surgery and recovery. Glad you are taking a little bit of time for yourselves at the beach.

DD19 and I had a great trip to WDW in May. We went earlier in the month than we normally do since college exams are scheduled earlier than high school exams. The weather was nicer. We did the Wild animal trek special event at AK on our second day, while we were staying at a 1Bedroom savanna view at Kidani. The Trek was outstanding. We really made some special memories. We found Kidani comfortable, especially the room 1 BR, and loved seeing so very many animals all the time from the long balcony. After our 4 nights there, we moved to the Boardwalk villas, and we decided that is where we want to spend out time in the future. We can always eat at Sanaa and get our animal fix.

I managed to spend some quality time at the 24 hours day on MK, after DD flew home. I actually did not spend that much time at MK, although enough to meet Deb Willis during breakfast at BOG, which was cool. I spent more time at EPCOT as they kept it open to 1 am to take some of the crowds from MK. I rode Soaring so many times, even the last time, without getting off.

Things have been hectic here. We are winding things up to get Mom into a nice independent living unit at a retirement community. It's been difficult and emotional but she is on board, so its more a question of going through things to donate, etc. We are focusing on getting her settled in early August, then putting her house on the market.

My job responsibilities too have been a challenge, with no end in sight. I am getting long in the tooth to keep this up.

GAGWTA everyone!

Smiley, mostly I'm just scared of radiation treatment. But I have some reasons that make sense to me. I've had some radiation exposure at work in my 20s, and I think I'm just extra sensitive to it. But the doctor is adamant that my recurrence risk is "astronomical" (very nasty little tumor), so I'm off to Phoenix in a few weeks. Found a lady on the Breastcancer.org boards that had the same treatment at the same place, and she's been answering my many questions so that helps so much.

Cheryl, I am sorry for your hurt. I can't imagine what is going through your daughter's mind, but I hope it will change when she comes out of the new Mom fog a bit. Your trip sounds wonderful!

I want to go back to DL too! I love it, it's just so manageable. LOL. DH thinks it doesn't compare to WDW, but I think it does just fine and has better weather. We own DVC but have not been to WDW since fall 2012. Just can't get excited about going without DD, and I don't know if she will ever be able to get that much time off! Maybe 2017.

My sister recently went through a breast cancer scare. As a result I sent her this observation study article about bras hurting circulation and possible connection to cancer. I don't know if it has been posted before, or if helpful, but thought to mention it in case. Good luck!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/19/Can-Wearing-Your-Bra-Cause-Cancer.aspx

excerpt from it:

...Medical anthropologists Sydney Singer and Soma Grismaijer -- authors of Dressed to Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras -- conducted a study of over 4,000 women, and found that women who do not wear bras have a much lower risk of breast cancer.[5]

Their findings included:

• Women who wore their bras 24 hours per day had a 3 out of 4 chance of developing breast cancer
  • Women who wore bras more than 12 hour per day, but not to bed, had a 1 out of 7 risk
  • Women who wore their bras less than 12 hours per day had a 1 out of 52 risk
  • Women who wore bras rarely or never had a 1 out of 168 chance of getting breast cancer
The overall difference between women who wore their bras 24-hours a day and those who did not wear bras at all was a 125-fold difference. Based on the results of this study, the link between bras and breast cancer is about three times greater than the link between cigarette smoking and cancer.

Singer and Grismaijer also found that about 90 percent of fibrocystic patients improve when they quit wearing bras.

I believe the results of this study are compelling, despite the fact that it was not a controlled study for other risk factors. There are few solid studies on bra wearing and breast cancer, but research showing links between the two is not entirely nonexistent....

Cheryl - :hug::hug:I am sorry you have to deal with all of this with your dd. I hope she looks at her heart and changes her heart. I know how much you treasure your visits with Zoe. You certainly dont need to be dealing with this drama. I loved how you went on that wild ride!!

smiley - I so do love your pictures. I see how much better the food looks at DL in comparison to DW. I am sure it tastes better too. Looks like you had such a wonderful trip.

Diana - glad you can talk to someone else how has had the same treatment. Wishing you all the best.

Laurie - so glad to see you again. Wishing you all the best with your mom and glad you had a wonderful trip with your dd. I am partial to the Boardwalk area too sista!!

tazdev - Wishing your dad all the best. I think your trip is good for the stress. Glad someone will be with your mom and that they also have the party to look forward too.

Well I went to the dr. yest for a followup. The resident was sweet as usual. Then the reg. dr. who came in was something else. He was an older guy. All he kept saying was how much he loved my endo and he was his favorite dr. I said I love her too. She has such a nice personality etc. Then all he kept telling me was 1. How big my blood clot is and he cant believe it, (yeah, that makes me feel great) and 2 Dont get in a car accident or fall down and hit your head because you will most likely have a brain hemorrhage and die etc. Nothing like good news to make you feel better. gheesh!!

The resident asked me if I went and got the mammo. I said no because I am afraid I will get alot of bruising due to the blood thinner. She said, oh yeah right. Hmm, why didnt she think of this, she is the dr.!!

Dh is off to Calif. again today and I have a meeting, so I cant say goodbye to him. These meetings are stressing me out even though my bp was great yest. One more meeting on sun. which I am sure will be terrible. My heart is breaking as I am sure what the outcome will be. Ds3 s still waiting on some background stuff but they sent him some kind of unofficial offer letter yest, so that is a step in the right direction.

Dh talked about a dec trip but I am going to think about Oct. and food and wine.

GAGWTA,

Well it seems to be another year of going from one bad thing to the next. A few weeks ago, one of my husbands only friends who would still come and visit him since the accident that took our sons life, passed away. He had surgery for esophageal cancer and died from complications. He was also good friends with our son, and all 3 of them were working together at the time of the accident. His son dated our daughter for a good 3 years as well, so our families were quite close. that really upset hubby. Then our youngest daughters fiance, was run off the road in his dump truck by a car that was over the line. Thankfully he was not injured!! Our daughter in law, the mom of our 4 grand daughters, and our sons widow, had to have emergency surgery for a purorated uterus. On thursday a forest fire started just about 2 miles away from where we live and has been growing every day, the sky has been completely orange all day with ash falling all over and it STINKS!! On friday my husbands step mom went into the hospital, they didn't know what was wrong, but she passed away on friday night, apparently a blood clot. She was such a lovely woman, and I had often wished she were hubby's birth mother instead of step mom! Then today, one of the men who was helping fight the fire, a logger my hubby grew up with was killed while fighting the fire. His daughter is very good friends with our daughter, and the fellow she is supposed to be marrying on Saturday coming up was a very very good friend of our sons. We don't know what will happen about the wedding now, it was going to be a really big one, so cancelling and rebooking is going to be a huge thing, but the poor girl is in the hospital now, emotianaly distraught. Our grand daughters were supposed to be coming on wednesday to stay for a while this summer, but I am not sure they will now, because of the fire. 2 of them have asthma and there is an air quality advisory. I have been getting more and more of the spasms that I get in my esphagus and today was the worst yet. It took 4 mg of hydromorphone to stop the pain and I am totally wiped out. I really would like for bad things to stop happening now. Any prayers you want to say for us, will be very appreciated!

OMG. Smiley. Prayers coming your way!

I really loved your pics, btw. You and your DH are a great couple, still so in love! :goodvibes

Hang in there. :hug:

Just a quick pop in I am exhausted. My dad had his surgery and things went very well. The drs at Fox Chase Cancer Center are awesome, every one was. The bladder is out and the reconstruction is done. I am sure it will be a huge adjustment dealing with a bag but better than the alternative. We were very concerned that his heart wouldn't be strong enough but they kept a really close watch on that and his BP and gave him a couple pints of blood during surgery to help the heart.

The dr. is fairly sure they got all the cancer out. The lymph nodes and kidney looked really good. Now we move on to the healing phase and enjoying my dad for as many more years as we will have him. At 79 I know it won't be as long as I want him here but I am happy. Thank you all for being here just to have someone to vent to, it has really helped.

Tandev, so happy to hear your dad did so well. I hope you are able to enjoy him for a long time to come! :goodvibes

Smiley, that is awful to have so many bad things happening all at the same time :hug: Thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust headed your way. I hope that the spasms stop soon and you start feeling better. Take care of yourself.

LMP, your doc certainly has a rather strange bedside manner, wow! I hope your meeting went better than expected.
Sounds like some Disney trip planning will be a great distraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter