Dis Board predictions about Wonder dry dock

AAAG

Mouseketeer
We're considering booking for Feb 2017. Having been on the Wonder and the Magic post re-imag, my kids much preferred the Magic. Specifically the addition of the AquaD, the upgrades to Animators, and the Marvel area in the kids club.
I know the Wonder will likely have a dry dock in the fall 2016. What do you think the likelihood is that it will be a re-imagineering similar to what the Magic had? This will greatly influence my decision whether to book the Magic or the Wonder for Feb 2017.
(i know no one knows for sure... but some people on this board often have some inside info)
Thanks!

Just guessing: Duck tail on the rear, water slide of some sort. Removal of the arcade. Redo of the buffet to fall inline with the other ships in terms of name and theme. Expect at a minimum similar upgrades as on the Magic, a concierge lounge to start and the bibbidy boutique. Rooms have generally already been done as part of the "during sailing" upgrades that began in like February. It wouldn't be too far to think that the kids space will be based off a property Disney has under its control. Marvel or the new Star Wars based on reception of the films.

If you can manage the deposit book both.

Unfortunately. I've always felt that each ship should have it's own identity, and don't like that they are making the classic ships, basically, a mini-me of the Dream class

I am entirely of the same mind, Shmoo!! I truly love the classics and hate that they are trying to make them seem like the "big girls". I just finished the 10 nt Hawaii cruise on the Wonder and she is still as beautiful as when she was new. Amazing but both DD and I thought so. :cutie:

Unfortunately. I've always felt that each ship should have it's own identity, and don't like that they are making the classic ships, basically, a mini-me of the Dream class.
Agree. I LOVE the double stair case in the atrium and wish that it had remained on the Magic since I think she looks unfinished now.

The updates to AP are great though.

I wish they wouldn't change her too much! I do think the kid spaces need some updating, and reimagining AP and the buffet area don't bother me. But I really don't want to see them add a water slide, which changes the whole look of the ship, and I don't feel like she needs major changes just for the sake of changing. I like her the way she is!

I would say that when we were on the ship one of the Imagineers that gave a talk didn't mention much but to say that the Wonder would have some new stuff that wasn't on the other ships so I doubt it will be an exact replica. That said I think some things (such as conceirge lounge instead of Signals) is a given.

I would say that when we were on the ship one of the Imagineers that gave a talk didn't mention much but to say that the Wonder would have some new stuff that wasn't on the other ships so I doubt it will be an exact replica. That said I think some things (such as conceirge lounge instead of Signals) is a given.
The new Concierge lounge on the Magic didn't replace Signals. It's a deck above it. It took over most of what's the equivalent space of the Outlook Cafe on the Wonder. I think that taking away 2/3 of the Outlook Cafe (on the Wonder) would be a real problem, as it's the only expansive indoor viewing area for the Alaska cruises.

We want to book an Alaskan cruise for next July. When is dry dock supposed to happen?

All I want is for that to NOT be where Overlook Cafe is... she is their Alaska ship and that space is really needed for them! :)
The Magic will end in San Juan in early May 2017, and it looks like the Wonder will be in Port Canaveral in late April. Either ship could do Alaska cruises in 2017, but it seems to me that the Transatlantic cruise is more likely to depart from Port Canaveral on the Wonder than from San Juan on the Magic. The Magic can sail in Alaska just fine without an Overlook [Outlook?] Cafe.

The Magic can sail in Alaska just fine without an Overlook [Outlook?] Cafe.
Quite true. However the reasoning for enclosing the whole Outlook Cafe area in the first place was so there was inside viewing areas for the colder Alaskan cruises.

And now, if they put a Concierge lounge there, it will eliminate 2/3 of that space.

I wish they wouldn't change her too much! I do think the kid spaces need some updating, and reimagining AP and the buffet area don't bother me. But I really don't want to see them add a water slide, which changes the whole look of the ship, and I don't feel like she needs major changes just for the sake of changing. I like her the way she is!

We agree, we truly love the beauty of the Wonder. We have been on the Wonder 4 times and will be on her again in a few weeks:dogdance:. Really hoping they do not remove the staircase or add another slide, but do agree the buffet and the kids clubs could use some updating.

Agree, about not wanting a Dream class mini-me. Since the Wonder does the Alaska cruises, I wonder what the possibility for a retractable roof is?

I wonder what the possibility for a retractable roof is?
I believe that possibility was tossed around when she went in for her initial dry-dock before her first Alaska season. It lead to the the unused Outlook area (above the Quiet Cove area) being enclosed as the Outlook Cafe. Maybe, structurally, the Wonder can't support a retractable roof?

I believe that possibility was tossed around when she went in for her initial dry-dock before her first Alaska season. It lead to the the unused Outlook area (above the Quiet Cove area) being enclosed as the Outlook Cafe. Maybe, structurally, the Wonder can't support a retractable roof?
Quite possible. Darn... Here's hoping they can figure out a way to shore her up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter