DIS 10th Anniversary ... tracking attendance *new events added 7/9*

Sooooooo as much as we were in love with the amazing rate at the Contemporary, reality has set in and today we changed to POFQ. We have never stayed there and it looks beautiful so we are looking forward to trying something new. Please update our info. Thanks!
Sorry about the Contemporary, but I think you'll love POFQ. It's actually one of my favorite places to stay on property, regardless of price point. The walk-friendly footprint, elevators in all buildings, gorgeous gardens, wrought iron work, and overall wonderful theming, on top of the beautiful boat ride to Disney Springs all make it an awesome resort. Haven't finished listening yet, but this week's Dreams Unlimited show is about moderates, so POFQ may be discussed to help if you need it. I know I would stay there again in a HEARTBEAT! :)

Sorry about the Contemporary, but I think you'll love POFQ. It's actually one of my favorite places to stay on property, regardless of price point. The walk-friendly footprint, elevators in all buildings, gorgeous gardens, wrought iron work, and overall wonderful theming, on top of the beautiful boat ride to Disney Springs all make it an awesome resort. Haven't finished listening yet, but this week's Dreams Unlimited show is about moderates, so POFQ may be discussed to help if you need it. I know I would stay there again in a HEARTBEAT! :)
We've never stayed there but DD and I spent a little time there a year or so ago while searching for Hidden Mickeys. I thought it was beautiful. It's one of the resorts that really makes you feel like you are somewhere else.

I did actually just listen to the Dreams show, and they all had good things to say about it. :goodvibes

Sooooooo as much as we were in love with the amazing rate at the Contemporary, reality has set in and today we changed to POFQ. We have never stayed there and it looks beautiful so we are looking forward to trying something new. Please update our info. Thanks!

I've updated your info - definitely is a difference between "really good deal" and "what makes sense financial for me"

I've stayed several times at Port Orleans French Quarter and absolutely loved it - the fact it is small and intimate but with amazing themeing really appeals to me

Plus you can get beignets at the food quart ;)

It's one of many reasons we don't stay onsite. I know it isn't right for everyone, but for us, it is so much better. It makes for a much more relaxing and enjoyable vacation.

Now that I'm living here and the proximity I have to the parks, I am torn on if i'm kicking myself for not going offsite (or bonett creek) or not. on the one hand, anyone being able to bus where they want to go is really nice when your children are getting old enough to do that alone. On the other hand, damn it's not that far away and in most cases I'm getting home faster than I ever got back to my resort room.

FYI - I've seen some chatter about having an opening night gathering.

I know personally my current plans already were to be at the Poly and hit up Trader Sam's and then watch the fireworks from the beach (they are at 9pm that night) ... I think that could work as a cool place to meet up and casually hang out

Thoughts?

FYI - I've seen some chatter about having an opening night gathering.

I know personally my current plans already were to be at the Poly and hit up Trader Sam's and then watch the fireworks from the beach (they are at 9pm that night) ... I think that could work as a cool place to meet up and casually hang out

Thoughts?

See the other thread "Singles Meet-Up"...I just responded.

As of now I will be attending the Live Podcast and I'm staying at Pop

HERSHEY MEET FOLKS!! If you haven't already heard, they have scaled back the weekend. They are still having the Friday night gathering but cancelling the main event on Saturday. Instead, they're going to try to get everyone to go see Finding Dory together.

Are you still going? Will you just do Friday night or stay for the weekend? I can't decide what to do. If everyone will still hang around after the movie, maybe we could do dinner and hang out Saturday night for drinks. Or go to Hersheypark together (weather permitting - last year we got a monsoon that day).

Very disappointed but willing to make the best of it if others are doing the same.

HERSHEY MEET FOLKS!! If you haven't already heard, they have scaled back the weekend. They are still having the Friday night gathering but cancelling the main event on Saturday. Instead, they're going to try to get everyone to go see Finding Dory together.

Are you still going? Will you just do Friday night or stay for the weekend? I can't decide what to do. If everyone will still hang around after the movie, maybe we could do dinner and hang out Saturday night for drinks. Or go to Hersheypark together (weather permitting - last year we got a monsoon that day).

Very disappointed but willing to make the best of it if others are doing the same.

This is a bummer to find out about - I am assuming this now means no one from the DIS is coming up, correct?

I've updated the first post to reflect the change of plans .... and will update the attendee list as people inform me

To be honest, not sure if we will go now as we live 5+ hours a way so far to come for just one evening and then to go to a movie

To be honest, not sure if we will go now as we live 5+ hours a way so far to come for just one evening and then to go to a movie
Same problem here, though we're only about 2 hours away. It's a long and costly trip (the lodge isn't cheap) for drinks and a movie. We could make a weekend out of it and do Hersheypark, Chocolate World (have to see the new ride), etc. I'm really not sure yet.

Same problem here, though we're only about 2 hours away. It's a long and costly trip (the lodge isn't cheap) for drinks and a movie. We could make a weekend out of it and do Hersheypark, Chocolate World (have to see the new ride), etc. I'm really not sure yet.

and to add to it, we were planning to go out to that area Memorial Day weekend anyway (my inlaws are about 45 mins away from Hershey) so to go out twice so close is tough

We are staying there for the first time too for the Podcast Anniversary. We have stayed at POR and love it. The boat to Disney Springs is great too.

I'm not going to be going to the Hershey meet anymore. I just can't justify the 10 hour drive.

I'm not going to be going to the Hershey meet anymore. I just can't justify the 10 hour drive.

I've removed you from the first post .... and I think we are going to be in the same situation (we are about 5.5 hour drive each way)

I've removed you from the first post .... and I think we are going to be in the same situation (we are about 5.5 hour drive each way)

Thanks. Yeah, 20 hours in the car over 3 days would be rough. I'll probably go to the Indy meet if that still happens.

Sorry to hear people not making it to Hershey but I certainly understand. We are still going. We're only 2 hours away and like visiting Hershey. Plus we're already friends with several people from the planning team. We'll do the Friday night meet. If they can arrange the movie on Saturday we'll do that. If not, or maybe after that, we can do the park and Chocolate World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter