Dirt Cheap Travel???

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by MayMom, Apr 14, 2010.

1. MayMom

MayMom Open the gates, I'm home!

My husband and I are in desperate need of a tropical vacation ALONE!!!! :lovestruc We'd like to take a short and CHEAP vacation to somewhere that would be warm and has a beach. Ideally we'd like to fly out of St. Louis or Nashville.....any ideas? Are there any websites that have seals that are very cheap, even at the last minute??We need some magic....:wizard:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

We've been to Cancun several times with direct flights from Cincinnati,OH. It wasn't that expensive either. I don't know about the flights from where you are, check with a travel agent.

4. loveysbydesign

loveysbydesign I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream

5. budbeerlady

budbeerlady <font color=blue>I call DH The STREAK!!<br><font c

IF you dont have a passport there is the cruise option... We like to cruise out of Tampa, southwest had some reasonable flights there this time last year. (Heck, even fly to Tampa and hang out there for a long weekend.)

6. DVCBELLE

DVCBELLE Princess at Heart

Have you thought about a cruise? Not sure when or how long you can get away for but there are great deals out of Charleston on 5 day cruises starting in May on Carnival or out of Florida or LA for 3 & 4 days cruises.

7. loveysbydesign

loveysbydesign I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream

We prefer cruises too! That way you can visit several places on one trip!

8. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

What about Skyauction or Travelzoo?

9. FoundMyPrince

FoundMyPrince DIS Veteran

Travelzoo will come out with their Top 20 today. They actually have some great deals out of STL to Jamaica and Cancun sometimes. I haven't seen anything for a little while -- keep checking though.

10. JackandSally79

JackandSally79 Growing old but not up

Right now you can get free companion airfare to the Bahamas. Also if you stay at Atlantis you get 4 nights for the price of 3.

11. arihillfarm

arihillfarm Mouseketeer

Sent you a PM!

-Astrid

12. andrews_dad

andrews_dad DIS Veteran

I saw on TV yesterday that lastminutetravel.com had some specials to Jamaica all-inclusive for this weekend. Flights from Atlanta, though. I think it was $400 pp total for round trip flights and the all-inclusive from Thursday to Sunday.

13. MaryKLady

MaryKLady DIS Veteran

Sandals resorts might still be offering 60% off. Jamaica is usually the least expensive island for Sandals. I booked a trip to their Royal Caribbean for DH's 40th B-day this summer. It was so inexpensive (relative to their usual prices) and all-inclusive, I had to do it..I paid less than I did for our honeymoon 11 years ago!