Direct Waitlist Locked In Pricing

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by SpaceMountain77, Mar 9, 2013.

  1. sanibel93

    sanibel93 ALL Ears

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2010
    Messages:
    105
    I have been on a waitlist also for OKW(August UY) about 2 weeks. It is for a 25 point contract that I got tired of waiting for on the resale market. My guide said that the price is at the current price($100) and it won't go up to the new prices when they come in at the end of March. He also said that they have been running a month to two months to be filled for August UY. Also that they will be filled in the order that you were put on the waitlist.
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.



    to hide this adverts.
  3. PCMama

    PCMama Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2012
    Messages:
    153
    Please post on how that goes because I live in HI and the Aulani guide I spoke to told me I could only waitlist if I was a member and told me the best thing if I really want vgc is to buy resale (we all know that resale is the best thing --but I wanted to put my name on the list anyway in case prices kept rising).

    When I called the regular Dvc number on the website they told me they could only sell me AKV, and Aulani because of liscensing issues with me living in Hawaii.
     
  4. WDWLayla

    WDWLayla Earning My Ears

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2013
    Messages:
    30
    My guide said the price that I was quoted, which is $100 per point is locked in so I won't have to worry about the price increase. She was reluctant to give me an estimate on how long the wait for the points would be, but did say that there was quite a list for OKW and (with the webcast) BWV was longer than OKW...

    As the song goes "The waiting...is the hardest part"
     
  5. erikawolf2004

    erikawolf2004 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    943
    We are already members, we have a small BCV contract that we bought direct in 2011. We are using it for our stay at Aulani starting on Friday. There are licensing issues for BCV when we bought in and we had to make the purchase while on vacation, but we are supposed to be able to add on once we are DVC members, but I guess our state hasn't approved the general DVC license yet this year. So they can't talk to us while we are in Nevada about prices and we can't be added to the waitlist....but once we are on a Disney Property we can at least be added to the waitlist and hope that they approve the license before our name gets to the top of the list. If not we will remain at the top of the list until the license is signed. I hope that is clearer than mud:rotfl: I'm guessing that HI only approved the sale of AKV and Aulani and that is why they are telling you that is all you can purchase. You might ask if you buy a small AKV or Aulani contract if you can then add on direct at VGC? It has something to do with once you are a member they aren't really "selling" to you or something like that???

    Warmly, Erika
     
  6. KAT4DISNEY

    KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2008
    Messages:
    9,794
    You may want to double check on the info you were given. What I was told 3 or 4 years ago was that DVC never licensed to sell some of the older properties in Nevada, including BCV, so I'm a little doubtful of what you were told as I don't know why they would be starting now if they hadn't before. We had to either add on while at Disney or "move" to another state that DVC was licensed for that property to be sold in. I learned this after having first been told it was no problem to add on at BCV.
     
  7. PCMama

    PCMama Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2012
    Messages:
    153
    Thanks for the info. I'm just going to buy on resale at this point. By now that vgc list is long. But if I knew the rules and the costs to buy direct I might have bought a small resale contract earlier.
     
  8. erikawolf2004

    erikawolf2004 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    943
    Thanks for this, I just called and I must have misunderstood about how we could add on. We can be put on the waitlist while we are at Aulani and then we would have to go to a state where BCV is licensed to have the paperwork received and signed then send it back. This is what we did last time because we really wanted BCV. So did you change resorts? I'm just not sure we want a second resort.

    Thanks again, Erika
     
  9. eandesmom

    eandesmom I'm with Beast

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2009
    Messages:
    13,957
    Chiming in on this as I've been through this already with DVC. DVC cannot sell you a membership at a resort that isn't licensed to be sold into the state you are living in.

    However, they can enter into a contract, or put you on a waiting list if that conversation happens while you are in a state that they are licensed to sell into. It does not have to be on Disney property, just a state that the are licensed to technically have that conversation in. Same thing holds true with closing docs. They need to be sent to, notarized if need be, in a state that resort is licensed to be sold into.

    In our case, I was able to get our last add on contract started via phone while I was traveling in Florida and then have our closing docs sent to CA, where we were going to be on a trip a few weeks later and finish up the transaction there.

    I will currently be being added to a waitlist on 4/1, when I travel to Maryland. My guide is able to hold a quote (the price before the increase) for 2 weeks, I can call from MD to officially be added to the waitlist and then when the waitlist comes through, we will need to have the closing docs sent somewhere that will work licensing wise. I am hoping the wait is short enough they can be sent to us at Aulani at the end of May, if not we may have to do a quick road trip to Oregon which isn't that big of a deal or if it is a very long wait, do while we are at Disney next Dec.

    My guide did say that she would not be able to do it if we lived in Hawaii, but somehow because we do not, we could have our closing docs sent there and it would work. I didn't quite understand that part but am happy to at least be able to try to lock in a small add direct before the price increase. We will see what happens and just how long it takes.
     
  10. mom_rules

    mom_rules <font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2002
    Messages:
    5,394
    We went on a OKW waitlist back in December and 5 weeks later we were signing the contracts. It was a larger contract don't know if that matters:confused3
     
  11. elfbo

    elfbo DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Messages:
    566
    Well, Just went on the wait list, just in case. To lock in the lower price!
     
  12. KAT4DISNEY

    KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2008
    Messages:
    9,794
    What we did was have the paperwork sent to DH's work in CA. They had points available immediately so we didn't have to deal with a waitlist at that time.

    Apparently DVC is no longer licensed to sell any of the resorts in NV where as they used to be able to sell some of them. :sad2: At least I have an explanation of why I haven't received any promotional material for a long time.
     

Share This Page