Direct-to-room

When they text you your room number, how do you know the building number? We'll be staying at a GV in May at OKW and we've been lucky the last couple of times we checked in that our room was ready when we got there so we didn't receive a text.

When they text you your room number, how do you know the building number? We'll be staying at a GV in May at OKW and we've been lucky the last couple of times we checked in that our room was ready when we got there so we didn't receive a text.

At OKW I believe the first 2 numbers of the room indicate the building.

We did direct to room on Easter Sunday, 4/5 at PVB. We had a 6:10 p.m. flight out of STL. I actually received the text with our room number before we ever got on the plane (much earlier). So they will send the room # if you haven't checked in with ME yet. We actually rented a car, so we never checked in with ME.

There was a cast member out by the bus with a tablet when we were dropped off that I assume you could ask for directions to your room. We did not have any "welcome" info in our room. This was the end of February.
It was great going straight to our room, but not when we couldn't charge our dinner. We were told charging should have been activated once one of the bands had accessed the room.

It was great going straight to our room, but not when we couldn't charge our dinner. We were told charging should have been activated once one of the bands had accessed the room.
That's great! I can only imagine people with DDP being really upset :) as well. Which resort? And was it a trip to the front desk? or were they able to fix it at dinner?

I was at WDW just last week with direct to room at SSR. I was sent both a text message and an email while waiting for my next flight in NC since I had a short stop there from MI letting me know that my room was ready in Congress Park. The email contained a map of the resort so that I could find my building. I got off ME and walked directly to my room around 1215pm. No one was greeting the passengers off the bus nor was I offered a ride to my room via bell services. But then I only had carry on so that might have been why. I really miss the welcome packet with the portable perks and other information. There was a packet in my room but it was generic resort information not DVC related. Since I did online check in my charging privileges started as soon as I got there.

There was a cast member out by the bus with a tablet when we were dropped off that I assume you could ask for directions to your room. We did not have any "welcome" info in our room. This was the end of February.

That is really odd, because we dropped the car off at the valet and immediately went into the QS at PVB and had a quick dinner, charging it on MB. We hadn't been to our room yet to activate the charging privileges. However, our MBs wouldn't open the outside door to the long house. It worked for the room, but we had to call and then DH and DD went around and did something outside and then they worked fine.

this isn't fair for late arrivals! Where they get what's left over.

I was a very late arrival, and I didn't get what was left over because I had my room number by about 4:00 p.m. We had a lovely lake view studio almost at the end of the hall, so it wasn't nearly as loud when the ferry boat whistles blew!

I actually think it was better than just showing up at 10:30 p.m. and having to take what was left at that point after everyone else changed their rooms around.

So no one got welcome packets with park schedules and show times etc. Did you then have to go stand in line to get a welcome packet or are they there at the counter?

I was at WDW just last week with direct to room at SSR. I was sent both a text message and an email while waiting for my next flight in NC since I had a short stop there from MI letting me know that my room was ready in Congress Park. The email contained a map of the resort so that I could find my building. I got off ME and walked directly to my room around 1215pm. No one was greeting the passengers off the bus nor was I offered a ride to my room via bell services. But then I only had carry on so that might have been why. I really miss the welcome packet with the portable perks and other information. There was a packet in my room but it was generic resort information not DVC related. Since I did online check in my charging privileges started as soon as I got there.

Think of the cost savings for Disney!

:earsboy: Bill

That's great! I can only imagine people with DDP being really upset :) as well. Which resort? And was it a trip to the front desk? or were they able to fix it at dinner?
We had to pay "out of pocket" then visit the resort desk to have it fixed. This was at BLT.

That is really odd, because we dropped the car off at the valet and immediately went into the QS at PVB and had a quick dinner, charging it on MB. We hadn't been to our room yet to activate the charging privileges. However, our MBs wouldn't open the outside door to the long house. It worked for the room, but we had to call and then DH and DD went around and did something outside and then they worked fine.
As the person that told us this only fixed it for dh (and we had to later visit again so the rest of us could charge), it's entirely possible she gave us bad info.

I am excited about this. We do split stays and it will be nice if I don't have to go visit the 2nd resort first thing in the AM to get us "check in" for a text alert for a ready room.

how about requests? At BCV we request high floor & Quiet pool view but hte choices on the online check in are only high floor. If I remember from past years of online check-in you lose your requests. Does any one know f you lose only if you choose their options or do you alway lose your requests if you do online check in?

how about requests? At BCV we request high floor & Quiet pool view but hte choices on the online check in are only high floor. If I remember from past years of online check-in you lose your requests. Does any one know f you lose only if you choose their options or do you alway lose your requests if you do online check in?
I would think its just random availability, no matter how you check in....but this is my guess. What makes you think online check-in only gives out high floors?

I would think its just random availability, no matter how you check in....but this is my guess. What makes you think online check-in only gives out high floors?
They don't just give high floors that is just one of the request you can choose during online check in. My question is do those requests delete the ones you made during the booking process. You cannot choose pool view during the check in process. So if I pick nothing would my original request stay on?

They don't just give high floors that is just one of the request you can choose during online check in. My question is do those requests delete the ones you made during the booking process. You cannot choose pool view during the check in process. So if I pick nothing would my original request stay on?

Seasoned DVC owners have MS attach room requests to the reservation, the room requests available with online check in are not DVC friendly.

The easiest way to do this is by sending the request via the member website.

:earsboy: Bill

I did that already, I have been a owner for a long time but with this new process I wanted to make sure I was ok to check in online, not add any requestes, and it would not delete my requests already on the system

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter