Direct-to-room

I wouldn't think they'd give out room numbers too early either. What if you knew before you left home what your room number was and then camped out there waiting for the people to leave? Most of us wouldn't do that because we have better things to do, but there are also quite a few of us who had people not check out of "our" rooms on time either, especially with the resorts that have a few highly coveted GV. I know one time we were moving from a studio into a larger 2-bedroom and I figured I'd hang out at the pool with our little kids until the room was ready. We were there from 10am - 5:30pm with our bags checked with Bell Services because the people who had been in our room decided to check out late. At least that was the MS story. I have no reason not to believe them.

In this particular case (and it was years ago), MS told me that the wait would be worth it and it was. We had a great room, but an entire first day of sun and no naps for the kiddos was no fun. If I had known the room number we were waiting for, I think I would have been tempted to walk by it periodically to see what was going on. Seems like it could be a problem.

I wouldn't think they'd give out room numbers too early either. What if you knew before you left home what your room number was and then camped out there waiting for the people to leave?
What? What kind of crazy person would do that!!! :crazy2:

but there are also quite a few of us who had people not check out of "our" rooms on time either,
Last Dec we were at VGF. On check out day at 10:30am we called bell services for luggage assistance to airline check-in. Said they'd be right up. At 11:00am housekeeping was knocking on our door saying we had to leave because we did not have late check out. We explained that bell services has been called. She insisted that we leave. So DH rolled our 4 luggages out into the hall and I pushed our double stroller out. I took the kids down to the lobby but DH ended up waiting in the hallway for bell services. It was a downer to end our vacation. If there was someone standing near our room waiting for it, DH might have said some not so nice words to them. :eek:

I really don't see this being implemented to limit room request or last minute changes. This is Disney alleviating the long lines and lengthy check in process at the front desks, especially during high attendance times. This gives them a way to check in more guests efficiently and get them to the parks without adding resources.
The glass is half full on this one folks.

Last edited:

Last Dec we were at VGF. On check out day at 10:30am we called bell services for luggage assistance to airline check-in. Said they'd be right up. At 11:00am housekeeping was knocking on our door saying we had to leave because we did not have late check out. We explained that bell services has been called. She insisted that we leave. So DH rolled our 4 luggages out into the hall and I pushed our double stroller out. I took the kids down to the lobby but DH ended up waiting in the hallway for bell services. It was a downer to end our vacation. If there was someone standing near our room waiting for it, DH might have said some not so nice words to them. :eek:

That is why DH and I never wait that late to checkout. I expect you were not alone in thinking you'd be out of the room quickly or at least by 11:00 AM. However, there are only so many Bell services CMs to go around.

FYI VGF doesn't have dedicated Bell Services people and Bell Services tends to hang out at the GF. DVC guests aren't known to be big tippers!

:earsboy: Bill

Unless it changed, I think you can "reserve" a bell services pickup day(s) in advance instead of waiting to call..

That is why DH and I never wait that late to checkout. I expect you were not alone in thinking you'd be out of the room quickly or at least by 11:00 AM. However, there are only so many Bell services CMs to go around.

We just haul our own luggage down. We've wasted far too much time waiting for Bell Services at Disney.

Has anyone actually used this system yet? Curious to know if it worked well for you?

Has anyone on these forums, gotten a room assignment after checking in online, gotten to their resort and asked for a room change? Would like a first hand experience.

Has anyone used online check in this month? Curious for updates on this process.

I don't think they would give you the room number before its ready. They wouldn't want you standing there waiting for housekeeping to finish or going after housekeeping to do your room next.

Anyone know if you do online check-in (with the new direct-to - room feature) for BLT, does DME still drop you off at the Contemporary?

Anyone know if you do online check-in (with the new direct-to - room feature) for BLT, does DME still drop you off at the Contemporary?

DME always drops at the Contemporary no matter what check in you do.

Off topic quick question, we are spending one night at BLT, do you leave your carry on bags at the Contemporary after checking in (arriving on ME) or do you bring them over to BLT?

Off topic quick question, we are spending one night at BLT, do you leave your carry on bags at the Contemporary after checking in (arriving on ME) or do you bring them over to BLT?

That's up to you. You can leave them with bell services or have bell services take them to your room once you are there.

I am assuming the room will not be ready so that will mean I leave them at the Contemporary. I wasn't sure if we brought them over and left them somewhere at BLT. Thanks

I am assuming the room will not be ready so that will mean I leave them at the Contemporary. I wasn't sure if we brought them over and left them somewhere at BLT. Thanks

Bell Services is also at BLT so you could do either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter