Dinoland's carnival theme is so bad it both sucks and blows

Wow, the part about the "abandoned parking lot" is especially cool to me.

Thanks for these, they were actually super interesting to read. I never had any strong feelings for this part of AK but I think I'll check it out next time I go to WDW.

I love that area. Adore Primeval Whirl. I love Paradise Pier, too. :)

Even before I knew the backstory, because I grew up in Southern California, taking road trips to see things like the Cabazon dinosaurs. http://www.cabazondinosaurs.com/main.htm

So you don't get surprised if you ever go back, it's a Creation museum now. They fit dinosaurs into it, but IMO it's not as neat as it used to be, because it's religion religion religion oh and here's a dino.

I don't like the carnival area either. It's really lame and such a waste of resources. Although I feel that way about Avatarland as well I still haven't made it through that boring movie.

Dinoland does have a lot of positive things,for example,Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures has the best backstory and most detailed theming of any WDW Merchandise Shop IMHO and Restaurantasaurus has the best backstory and most detailed theming of any WDW Restaurant IMHO.:)

Primeval Whirl one of my son's top 5 favorite rides. Dinoland was nothing like what I expected it to be. It has such a different feel to it than anywhere else I've been in WDW. I love it.

I can see many people like it because it's so different.

It is different, I'll give you that. I guess it's just not my thing and that's OK.

I still wish there were animatronic dinosaurs that little boys could enjoy.

I really, really, really agree with you! :DBTW...the title of this post made me laugh out loud. Very nice.:D

I literally cannot get my kids out of the Bone Yard when we are in AK. There I am begging them to come to Finding Nemo or some other attraction you can only enjoy in Disney World and there they are, running around a glorified playground.

I don't know how, but Disney knows what kids like....

Let me be clear here. I love dinosaurs. My son loves dinosaurs. I really enjoy the DINOSAUR! ride and I know it's not that popular but I think it's great. We love the boneyard and spend at least an hour there letting our kids dig up some fossils.

http://seeyarealsoon.com/2010/02/26/dinoland/

Neat! Love the backstory. Explains Primeval Whirl. This was a very creative way to fit in one of these cheezy mouse-coasters... (mouse coaster not because of mickey but the style of being small cars that make lots of quick dips and spins)... that kids love. It is hard to fit some of these things in and not be tacky, so... embrace the tacky and build it in! Nice. Hadn't seen the story before.

I wish Disney could find a better way to "explain" the area to guests. Even many of those here are unfamiliar with the back story. There are signs explaining things a bit near the entrances, but you have to be a reader (most people aren't) to catch them.

Maybe having cast members dressed up as Chester and Hester (or their grand-kids), would work. The characters could wave guests in by telling them to "skip" the stuffy dinosaur museum and spend money...I mean, enjoy their "more fun" dinosaur carnival.

Can you imagine getting your photo taken with Chester & Hester?

I've always gotten a real kick out of Dinoland. I remember those tacky roadside 'attractions' and begging my parents to stop and let us look at the attraction. And the carnival midway was just like the county fair I went to every summer when I was a kid. It's a whole lot cleaner than the county fair, though, and I figure the games aren't rigged. :) Very nostalgic and I love it. Brings back lots of fun memories.

I like dinoland, except the games. Im not a fan of cheap carnival games,but dd and husband love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter