Dinning in City Walk?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by dbradypa, Dec 28, 2012.

1. dbradypa

dbradypa Earning My Ears

Getting excited about our first trip to Universal. I am looking for suggestions for dinner at City Walk but want to go late--after a full day in the parks.

Was thinking Margaritaville, Bob Marley's, Pat O'Brian's Dueling Pianos. Problem is my daughter is only 19. From what I read it looks like after 9:00 pm you have to be 21 or older. Does anyone know if this is true, even if a younger person is with the family.

If we left the park earlier to have an early dinner, would our dining experience just be dinner and not the entertainment--which is part of the reason for choosing these restaurants?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

4. A_NY_Outlaw

A_NY_Outlaw The Tin Man Master

I'm a pretty picky eater myself, but I seem to do well at Hard Rock. They offer a pretty big menu, but the music and crowds can tend to make the ambiance very loud.

we also tried Bubba Gump's this year. I was a little disappointed in the menu offerings (although I love shrimp). The portions were a little small for me and the waiter had a hard time keeping our drinks refilled. I would say I would probably choose another restaurant over B.G. when we go back.

Usually you can find menu's to most places at CityWalk if you google search their websites.

5. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

We really like Margaritaville with the only mediocre menu item so far being the Cheeseburger in Paradise. I love the Caribbean Chicken Salad for a light yet satisfying meal after a busy time in the parks.

6. Lynne G

Lynne G DIS Veteran

We too like M. and NBA City. Did not enjoy Pastamore and Gumps was expensive for what you got. Also like eating at the Portofino.

Citywalk is a really colorful place at night. We love it. Try the mini golf if you like that game, as the 2 courses are fun.

Have a great time!

7. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

i'm really fond of Latin Quarters.
    i enjoy that some of the foods are made at your table by the staff.

NBA City always draws me in.

i go mainly for the food and ambiance of the place.

for night time entertainment, i go where ever my friends i am with, go.

i always get a kick out of Raising Star.
    I avoid thursday nights there as it is the under 21 set of crowd.
    some call it disney night.

8. akaler2010

akaler2010 Mouseketeer

We love sitting outside and listening to the live music at Margaritaville. The menu is pretty diverse and not horribly overpriced.

9. Irishman

Irishman Earning My Ears

Margaritaville...Saved us.Before the summer showers.Got seats at the outside bar and watched everyone running to there cars when it rained.COOL people watching.....Crab-Mac and cheese there is also great

10. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

:thumbsup2 Can't go wrong here.Gotta love Buffet!!

11. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Absolutely agree!