Dinner table sizes

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dkfogt, Jan 30, 2013.

1. dkfogt

dkfogt Mouseketeer

First time Disney cruisers here.... how does the table seating assignments work? We are a family of 5 this trip... traveling with our neighbors who are a family of 6 plus G&G. I'm assuming they don't seat tables of 13 and we are ok not sitting together.

When DH and I did a RCCL cruise years ago, we could pick our table size, but I didn't see anything like that for Disney.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

If your reservations are linked they will either put tables together to seat all 13 or will do two tables next to each other. If your reservations are not linked DCL has no way to know you are travelling together.

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Each dining team serves a 4 top, a 6 top and an 8 top. They can (and do) put tables together to seat larger parties.

My personal recommendation would be to split the party as tables larger than 8 are very difficult to hold conversations at.

You can request 2 tables next to each other, if you wish. Just call DCL and have the request put on your reservation.

5. dkfogt

dkfogt Mouseketeer

Our reservations are not linked with our neighbors, but I thought I would call Disney and have them at least try and get us on the same dining rotation. If I can request that we are at "nearby" tables, that might be fun, too.

I'd love to meet new people while we are on board, so I'm ok being sat with another family, but with there being 5 of us, I was wondering if we would just end up seated by ourselves.

6. Jareds_mommy

Jareds_mommy DIS Veteran

we had a table of 13 no problem
    its super easy to link your reservations, then you will dine together, just log in and on one of the pages it gives you the optipn of linking them

7. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We have sat at tables of 12 a few times without a problem. The kids sat at one end and the parents at the other. We could still keep an eye on them, but they were able to talk between themselves without interrupting the adults' conversation.

8. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The biggest table we were ever at was 18--I don't recommend that. 2 tables would have been better.

As above, the easiest thing would be a table of 6 and a table of 8 at the same serving station. These are standard size tables. All you need to do is call your TA and let DCL know how you want this handled.