Dinner on our MK day -- what monorail restaurant would you choose?

Alliecat33

Earning My Ears
Between eating at the ONLY place I can get, Plaza at 830, or hopping on the monorail and going to The Wave, Kona Cafe, or anything else at a more reasonable time? What would you do? I don't like the idea of using a TS credit on a sandwich at the Plaza, but I don't want to be gone from the park for too long.
Haven't eaten at any of the above restaurants, and only Be Our Guest for lunch when it was just a soft opening a few years ago, and Ohana for breakfast. Would love some expert tips!

California Grill.

Does it have to be monorail? Short boat trip to Artist Point WL if not.

Guess not--I just want to be gone for as short a time as possible :D Hadn't thought of those options, being 2 TS credits, but I'll put them on the shortlist! Thanks!

We are going to try The Wave for the first time on our trip in December. The menu looks really good!

Tentatively made reservations for November! I'll report back if we end up going. I'm wishing and hoping for a BOG dinner to open up!!!

Tentatively made reservations for November! I'll report back if we end up going. I'm wishing and hoping for a BOG dinner to open up!!!

That's exactly why I booked!

I would love a BOG dinner. We went for lunch in June and it was really good and the restaurant is beautiful! But, nothing is available for a party of 2 on any night of our trip :(
So, I booked the wave because none of the other options seem very appealing...and I don't want to use 2 TS credits!

We love, love, love Ohana!!! Kona not so much.

I have eaten at Ohana's 4 times now just for dinner. It is hands down my favorite Disney Resort restaurant. Yes, it's on the pricey side but it is well worth it. After your done eating you will not think twice about the cost. Great food, great atmosphere, and monorail to MK.

Almost forgot! If you love sushi Kona Cafe's Sushi bar is a must. It open only from 5pm-10pm.

Last edited:
I love Kona Café! Check out their menu and see if it appeals to you. It would be cool to see all the new upgrades at the Polynesian Resort. It was already beautiful so I imagine it's even more so now. :)

We've enjoyed 'Ohana and Grand Floridian Cafe. But my all-time favorite restaurant in WDW is Artist Point at WL! If you don't mind taking a little bit of extra time for the boat ride, I would recommend eating there. And get the king salmon (if you like salmon). I have dreams about that meal... :D

We like The Wave a lot. Plus you can easily walk there and back to MK and not have to worry about Disney transportation. My DS10 loves the petite filet on the kids menu and asks for it on every trip.

We like The Wave a lot. Plus you can easily walk there and back to MK and not have to worry about Disney transportation. My DS10 loves the petite filet on the kids menu and asks for it on every trip.

That sounds wonderful. How long is the walk and what path do you take. In 17 trips I have only ever taken the transportation. *blush*

Its about a 10 minute walk from MK. When you exit the MK gates, take a left. You go past the bus area. Just stay on the left pathway and it will take you directly to the resort. Very easy. You cannot get lost! :-)

Its about a 10 minute walk from MK. When you exit the MK gates, take a left. You go past the bus area. Just stay on the left pathway and it will take you directly to the resort. Very easy. You cannot get lost! :-)
I agree. The walk is a breeze. Sometimes its quicker just to walk!

OP, what about GF Cafe for dinner?

Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL
Trail's End Buffet at Fort Wilderness
The Wave - Contemporary
GFC - Grand Floridian
California Grill - Contemporary

It really depends on what you're looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter