Dinner Dress Code

sdhines00

Earning My Ears
We are sailing out on June 4th on our very first Disney cruise. I was just wondering what the dress code was for dinner. I have looked online and called CS and have gotten different answers. Can we wear jeans and a polo type shirt?

I was just on the Wonder last week. I wore a dress to dinner every night. I saw a lot of ladies dressed in nice dresses, I saw some guys in jeans, but most of them had on khakis. I was surprised to see so many people "dressed" each night.

However, to answer your question, yes, you can wear jeans each night. The Wonder is very casual.

The only place with a dress code is Palo. Otherwise, it is listed as "suggested dress," but there is no enforcement of any sort and there are always people who choose to not follow the suggestions. On our 2009 cruises, the Wonder had dropped the "request no jeans at dinner" on the Navigators, but it remained on the Magic. More recently cruisers have reported a line requesting no jeans at dinner on the Wonder again...so I can't speak to that personally.

There is no question that the Wonder is much more casual than the Magic.

The only place with a dress code is Palo. Otherwise, it is listed as "suggested dress," but there is no enforcement of any sort and there are always people who choose to not follow the suggestions. On our 2009 cruises, the Wonder had dropped the "request no jeans at dinner" on the Navigators, but it remained on the Magic. More recently cruisers have reported a line requesting no jeans at dinner on the Wonder again...so I can't speak to that personally.

Almost anything other than stark naked seems to be acceptable on the Wonder. I've seen people dressed better at a tractor pull:rolleyes1

We're going on the June 4th cruise, too! It's also our first time on DCL. My DH and DS will be wearing polo shirts with khaki pants for dinner. I might let DS wear shorts after I see what others wear on the first night. I plan on wearing a sundress and/or casual skirts.

We're going on the June 4th cruise, too! It's also our first time on DCL. My DH and DS will be wearing polo shirts with khaki pants for dinner. I might let DS wear shorts after I see what others wear on the first night. I plan on wearing a sundress and/or casual skirts.

I think that sounds great! Better to be a little over-dressed than under-dressed in almost any setting!

Thanks for all the great info. Also will there be someone to take my kids (Brianna 8 and Ethan 5) to the Oceaneers club after they are done with dinner so I can have somewhat of a peaceful dinner with adult conversation :) It's so hard to do that now since my husband, their father passed away over 2 years ago :( I plan on reserving our next cruise while on board (Dec. 18, 2011). It will be for Briann's birthday. Has anyone sailed during the holidays? Is it as magical as they say it is? See you guys next week

:cool1::cool1:

:yay::yay:

:woohoo::woohoo:

Cruises near/during the holidays are totally Magical! If there is any way you can add a few days at WDW, the resorts and parks are equally wonderful.

So is slacks and a button down shirt okay for Palo's for dinner? I have no desire to bring a coat and tie on vacation.

I was just on the Wonder last week. I wore a dress to dinner every night. I saw a lot of ladies dressed in nice dresses, I saw some guys in jeans, but most of them had on khakis. I was surprised to see so many people "dressed" each night.

However, to answer your question, yes, you can wear jeans each night. The Wonder is very casual.
so for young boys age 5 - I am thinking
cruise casual: dress shorts & polo top
dressy night: khaki slacks & polo top
do you think this is a safe bet?

So is slacks and a button down shirt okay for Palo's for dinner? I have no desire to bring a coat and tie on vacation.

Unfortunately, yes. On our last cruise most men weren't wearing a tie and it seemed that about half were not wearing a sport coat even though it is suggested by Disney. The only reason I know this is that we had a party of seven and one of the men made a point to count the # of guys not wearing a sportcoat and tie as I had asked that everyone wear one that night. I had never seen Palo as casual ad it was on the Wonder.

That said, I don't recall seeing anyone in shorts or jeans in the main dining room, but I wasn't looking for it either.

HI ! :wave2:
We cruised on the Magic last year and we followed the dress "suggestions" and wore no shorts or jeans at dinner...I did notice that lots of people were dressed more casually than we were. We are leaving on the Wonder on June 8 and I think I am going to plan DS10 to wear nice shorts and polos for dinners... except on the dressy night and he will wear khaki pants for that. I am going to wear nice capris for dinner mostly and a dress for the dressy night. No jacket for DH though...just dress shirt and nice khakis. I worried about it way too much last year - I am going to be waaaaay more relaxed this time!! :hippie:

I have posted this in reply to a similar question. I'm a single parent and my son is 12. What we did for for formal night for him was to get a pair of nicer perma press white shorts (not the long or baggy ones!) I had him wear a shirt and tie with a navy blazer and matching navy kneesocks. It was 'dressy" but not overly so and the formal experience was wonderful for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter