Dinner at Hollywood & Vine--question about Fantasmic

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by wannabemini, Feb 19, 2013.

1. wannabemini

wannabemini Mouseketeer

So, I'm reading online and it says that you pick up your VIP dealio when you arrive for dinner?? Does that mean that if I make dinner reservations at say, 5:00, I can get the VIP package, or is that only certain dinner hours??

Thanks for any help!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You must specifically book the Fantasmic package to get the Fantasmic vouchers. You can book at any time those are available (I think the dinners are mostly before 5) but you have to specifically book the package. You can't book a regular reservation and get the Fantasmic vouchers.

4. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

Do you know how far in advance the Fantasmic Dinner packages are available? I'm trying to book for August (180 day window is open) but the latest dates showing as options for the Fantasmic Dinner Package are in April. Any ideas?

Thanks!

5. wannabemini

wannabemini Mouseketeer

Scrappinginontario--I think it might be 90 days out, like the ice cream dealio in MK?? I saw the same thing when I checked the Fantasmic link.

6. scrappinginontario

Thanks! I've put a note on my calendar to check again 90 days out. Until then we have a regular dining reservation booked.

7. Disney-PartyOf5

Disney-PartyOf5 Mouseketeer

Hi,
    My 180 day window opened on Sunday and whilst I couldn't book the Fantasmic package on-line I was able to book it when I called so my advice is to call WDW dining and you should be able to make your reservation.

I booked Hollywood & Vine for 6pm.:yay:

Good Luck :thumbsup2

8. jennyerin

jennyerin Mouseketeer

We were able to book our August Fantasmic package this morning by phone so as the previous poster suggested - you may want to call. Those packages can sometimes fill up quickly.

9. twodogs

twodogs Mouseketeer

Or try entering your date manually, not clicking on the day on their little calendar. This worked for me.

10. scrappinginontario

Thanks everyone. I tried to make the reservation online by manually entering our August date but it always defaults back to today. I'm going to try calling tonight and seeing if I can book a FDP for August.

Thanks for all the tips that this package could booked now rather than waiting until the 90 day mark.

11. coluk003

coluk003 Mouseketeer

Could anyone tell me what s offered at all places that do the fantasmic dining plan? I saw somewhere its 2 ts points for ths am I correct? And does that apply to all the restaurants that do it? I prefer the "nice" meal to be for dinner like around six, is this doable and where?

Thanks Guys you're all so wonderfull at this

12. 3happydancers

3happydancers DIS Veteran

I believe the Brown Derby is 2 ts. Otherwise, Hollywood & Vine is a buffet for 1 ts. Mama Melrose is also 1 ts. Six should be doable but I wouldn't book later just in case the restaurant is running a little behind.

13. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Hollywood Brown Derby is 2 TS credits, Mama Melrose and Hollywood and Vine are 1 TS credit each.

As far as what is included: at HBD and MM you are entitled to an appetizer, entree, dessert and non alcoholic fountain beverage. You order each course off the restaurant's regular menu, except for dessert at MM which is a pre-plated dessert sampler for the table. H&V is a buffet.

Booking the dinner package for 6:00 depends on what time the first showing of Fantasmic is scheduled. If it is at 7:00 most likely the last Fantasmic! Dinner Package will be around 5:00. As noted upthread, you must book the Fantasmic! Dinner Package and not just a regular reservation.

14. coluk003

coluk003 Mouseketeer

Well Ty to the two posts above this one it helped a lot.

15. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

Wait does the Fantasmic package cost more?

16. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran