• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner at CRT...waste of 2 TS!

Again, my review, my opinion. My DD10 and mom liked it....it was the "experience" as I stated. My youngest is 8 mths old now, if at the age of 4 , she wants to do it, I will. However, she may never "find" out you can eat in the castle...lol...;)
I would hope that everyone has a great experience there! But for character dining, and the "host" of the show, is a no show....well....that would leave a bad taste in your mouth...no pun intended! lol..My mom loved her salmon by the way!
As far as Norway...did you eat there before Disneyolic?? Just wondering....
Curious how it is.....
The one thing I enjoy abt this forum is that everyone has different experiences and opinions....and hopefully everyone will have a better experience than I did at dinner at CRT:)

I hate that your dinner was less than perfect but I'm glad you gave your review. We aren't doing this character dinner (we are doing Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's), but we thought about going here. I don't like that it is a 2 TS meal and that was ultimately what led to us not eating here. And, when we went on our honeymoon to Disney World 10 years ago, we at our first meal in the castle (when it was the regular restaurant) and it was awful! The food wasn't good, the service was bad and it was too dark to even enjoy the scenery. When we went there we were expecting Cinderella's Castle to be the best dinner in all of Disney b/c to me anytime I see the Castle on anything I think Disney and I held that place up on a pedastel (not anymore). I don't think we will every eat there!

As far as Norway...did you eat there before Disneyolic?? Just wondering....
Curious how it is.....
Okay. I fess up. I've never eaten in Norway but I think I am the plainest eater ever. I looked at the menus and my nose all wrinkled up. :sad2:

I hope I didn't sound like I disagreed with your feeling that you wasted 2 TS. I do believe everyone has their own experience and opinion. I personally would not have wanted to have dinner at CRT. I am truly hoping that lunch is better with the princess interaction and I don't think I will be "wasting" 2 TS for that meal. For me, this is a "mommy & daughter" day at the MK while DH has the boys at BB so just the whole experience is great for me.:flower1:

We went in Sep of 06 for dinner. I didn't realize until later that we didn't get our lithograph. That stunk, but other than that, we loved it! Cinderella was wonderful with our 2 dds. The atmosphere was amazing. I thought the show was adorable, and the FGM and the mice were very interactive and sweet. The food was very good. The only flaw was that my pork looked like it might have been slightly pink (couldn't tell in the light), which made me a little nervous. I loved the pretzel rolls with honey butter, my salad, and my entree. I LOVED the sorbet! I thought it was so magical there. It was one of my favorite meals of the trip, and I would definitely do dinner there again. Of course, it did help that we were there on free dining. If I had to pay for the DDP, I would definitely still go back. If I was paying OOP, it would depend on how tight my budget was. I don't know know how the castle USED to be, but this was our first trip to WDW, and it lived up to my expectations.

Oh, I almost forgot, we also had dinner at Akershus (Norway). While several princesses were there, it held less magic than when we met them on the street in Epcot. I also thought the food was pretty awful. That's just my opinion to share. :)

Some things just cannot substitute Cinderella's castle. I will be taking my daughter there for lunch and using 2 TS of my own (she will be free) and I don't mind doing so. I did appreciate that the CM informed me that the dinner did not have the princesses coming to the tables for meet-and-greet so we decided on lunch instead. We are not breakfast people and did not want to do that. The PSB in Norway lunches and dinners do not appeal to me at all as far as food goes - YUCK. That would be a waste of 1 TS IMO. We too are arriving late the first night so using that extra TS is not a big deal for me.

The princesses don't come to the table? What do they do then? I didn't know this when i booked. Can someone tell me what you get for 2 TS?

At the DINNER.....you get your photo with CInderella...a 5 X7 in a beautiful folder w/addt'l 4 x 6's...(4) I think...a cheap plastic wand in place of the lithograph...Suzy and Perla and the Fairy Godmother host the dinner.....
As I started this thread.....the FG never showed up...2 characters came out during dinner and that was it,
I was aware that we only saw Cinderella downstairs and just got her photo....I brought my DD10 and my mom for their b days to eat in the castle.

Thats why I said I could not personally recommend this, as the character who was suppose to be there and host the dinner etc was a no show...etc...If you are looking for princesses they are not at Dinner:)
Hope this helps.

Disneyolic....oh I was genuinely interested how the food was there... I have not read much abt that place on the boards!

You will have a wonderful lunch there I am sure....I still treasure that I shared a meal there with my mom and DD10. I just hope my esperience may help someone who is "on the fence" considering Dinner there:)

Again, my DD is older.....she is just abt over the whole princess thing:(
But Ava is only 8 mths old!!:)

We've had both breakfast and dinner at CRT. Both meals could best be described as mediocre in all respects.

Unless you have a child set on breakfast with the princesses, or you're just looking for the expierience of dining in the castle, avoid it. Your dollars will go further elsewhere.

I have to tell you we've had good experiences with CRT lunch. We used to do CRT breakfast (which was nice) but when the price went up I switched to lunch and we're very happy with it. Yes it is expensive but the photos are nice and my kids LOVE to eat in the castle. The Major Domo's pie is very good if you are there at lunch time. Hope the rest of you have a good experience.

we did CRT for dinner this past Tuesday. The FGM or the mice never came out. There was no mention of them and they never showed. Now, I didn't ask but we were there for almost an hour and no characters. We did get our pic with Cindy and got a window seat! This was not really worth 2 credits but it was fun once!! So, don't go to see the show, it may not be happening any more....

wow! I am the original poster...I would write a letter to guest communications....I nicely voiced my concern abt my experience...same..and rec'd 4 champagne flutes, 1 fast pass for 2 of us and 2 popcorns!! lol I am still waiting tho for a response from Disney themselves...I also had a not so great experience at the Emporium store:( No biggie...sorry to hear abt your dinner!

Maybe I should have asked. We weren't there for the characters so it wasn't a huge deal. It was just weird. The food was decent and the view was great. I am glad we did it but we probably wouldn't do it again! I just wanted to let people know the show might not be a part of the deal anymore. It could be that it was just an off night. I'm not sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter